Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wrong thread earlier

This belongs here

Honestly this is the stupidest thing I've seen a team do since buffalos front office tried making their players learn team building and character by hiring an absolutely abysmal retread from New York lol

One of the smartest things you can do with young group of African Americans is treat them like second class citizens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's neither the Character nor Good Teammate Hall of Fame.

By any metric, among any eligible receivers, he's only behind Moss's redneck rear end as to who should be in.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Also TO wasn't really playing when I started watching football obsessively and I never really saw any of his highlights until just now, god drat was he amazing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
TO's only fault is not being able to play all the positions at once.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MacheteZombie posted:

TO's only fault is not being able to play all the positions at once.

The guy's QB's were like Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb and Romo. Who really had it better? You don't gotta make fun of Garcia either, TO already called him a fag.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

The guy's QB's were like Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan McNabb and Romo. Who really had it better? You don't gotta make fun of Garcia either, TO already called him a fag.

Jerry Rice?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Wes Welker?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah or Marvin for that matter. But like, compare what he had to deal with to like Andre Johnson or like the rest of those guys for the decade+ they spent not around Kurt Warner.

I'm going to presume Wes ain't making it in for a long long time if ever.

It'd be pretty dumb if he sniffed it before TO.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah or Marvin for that matter. But like, compare what he had to deal with to like Andre Johnson or like the rest of those guys for the decade+ they spent not around Kurt Warner.

larry fitzgerald getting 1100 yards (8th in the league) and 90 receptions (5th) in 2011 with derek anderson, john skelton, and max hall was superhuman

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

consider it from this perspective:

that terrell owens was able to be a loving incredible player despite being a poor enough teammate that the other players, coaches, and managers all hated him is truly remarkable especially in a team sport

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Jeff Garcia is the Bucs best QB of all time.

Also, by the middle of the 2018 season, Jameis Winston will be the Bucs ALL TIME leader in passing yards (if he stays healthy). With a good season this year he could be the franchise leader in TD passes. What a sad franchise.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wandler20 posted:

Also, by the middle of the 2018 season, Jameis Winston will be the Bucs ALL TIME leader in passing yards (if he stays healthy). With a good season this year he could be the franchise leader in TD passes. What a sad franchise.

Who was worse, the Lions when they didn't win a game, or the Bucs when they started like 0-24?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Bucs.

There have been way worse teams than that 0-16 Lions squad.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

whiteyfats posted:

Who was worse, the Lions when they didn't win a game, or the Bucs when they started like 0-24?

Bucs. They were complete poo poo. They were outscored 412-125 in the first year. They did make the NFC Championship in year 4.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Wes Welker, Amani Toomer, Santana Moss: your NFL Hall of Fame Class of 2021.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce should both definitely be in the HoF and it's not even my former homerism

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

I think Edelman coming in and being Welker 2.0 virtually immediately has made a lot people sort of forget about Welker (much like Welker himself) and/or sort of assume that he was a system receiver. I don't think he'll ever make it in but I think he might have a few votes without Edelman.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I just did the math and Dion sims, Markus Wheaton, Kendall wright, Victor Cruz and Kevin white combined last year for a bit under 1600 yards. Cruz led all of them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

the mean lunch lady posted:

Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce should both definitely be in the HoF and it's not even my former homerism

Sure. Just not ahead of TO

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I still blame TO for blowing up the Eagles

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoWorkDQ4r8

Kurt Warner was pretty good.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

There have been worse teams, but the Lions going winless in the salary cap era as a non-expansion team is the most pathetic result in football history.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shangri-Law School posted:

There have been worse teams, but the Lions going winless in the salary cap era as a non-expansion team is the most pathetic result in football history.

I'm sad that we stopped history last year

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

also sportswriters not putting TO into the Hall and citing that it's because no one they interviewed liked him completely and utterly delegitimizes the Hall as anything but a popularity contest

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

SKULL.GIF posted:

also sportswriters not putting TO into the Hall and citing that it's because no one they interviewed liked him completely and utterly delegitimizes the Hall as anything but a popularity contest

The continued snubbing of Don Coryell alone delegimized the hall years and years ago.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol wait until Steve Smith gets in because "he played like it was a different era"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FizFashizzle posted:

lol wait until Steve Smith gets in because "he played like it was a different era"

Suh plays like it's a different era, but he doesn't get a pass.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I still blame TO for blowing up the Eagles

Surely you mean "credit" or "congratulate".

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They put a punter in because people spent twenty years remembering wrong things about him.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chichevache posted:

Surely you mean "credit" or "congratulate".

I'd rather the Eagles have won that Super Bowl.

gently caress the Patriots.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

fartknocker posted:

I'd rather the Eagles have won that Super Bowl.

gently caress the Patriots.

Clearly, in the current timeline the Patriots gently caress you!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Dexo posted:

Lmao at TO being worse than Carter
Brown as well

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

you guys can make fun of gase all you want but none of you were ever charged with scrubbing the culture of joe philbin from existence

#whateverittakes #earnyourphin #printthelogos

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

you guys can make fun of gase all you want but none of you were ever charged with scrubbing the culture of joe philbin from existence

Greg Schiano.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Bullshit, Dan Campbell scrubbed the first five layers of Joe Philbin out of the locker room before Gase got there.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

wandler20 posted:

Steve Young.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Steve Young was not really Steve Young on the Bucs. Dude wad kinda a bust until he warmed the 49ers bench for a few years

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Yeah, Young was trash in Tampa but that probably more a product of the system. He would've wasted there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

aperion posted:

Bullshit, Dan Campbell scrubbed the first five layers of Joe Philbin out of the locker room before Gase got there.

Lol he most definitely did not

He still played the worst players just because Philbin did. Miller still got no use.

But hey we had the Oklahoma drill!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of the Bucs first few seasons, I thought I'd share this. I have it hanging on the wall in my office. The St Pete times created this after the Super Bowl - it's every game the Bucs ever played from their first ever up to the SB, with the Lombardi trophy outlined:

Close up:

I did timg because I'm phone posting and have no idea how big these are

• Locked thread