Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Sign a poo poo-tier QB and then accumulate as many picks and talent around that poo poo-tier QB as possible for 2 seasons, THEN trade your entire draft away for a first round QB. That sound be the blueprint for every awful team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Intruder posted:

The Texans until this season relentlessly ignored that final step

Then probably traded up for the wrong QB

You have Hopkins, Fuller and Miller which is a good WR/RB combo, Fedora seems like a decent enough tight end. No idea what the Texans O-Line looks like.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nothing says "we're going to be a good team" like not being able to add good young talent around your young QB through the draft!

Says the guy who's team plopped a rookie QB into the literal perfect situation for a QB. I think it's backwards to let your young quarterback get pummeled behind an awful offensive, lose confidence with terrible WRs/TEs and have no one to lean on without a decent running back. To me it makes sense to assemble those pieces first and give your young QB a chance to succeed out of the gate.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams please trade a 3rd round pick next year for Sammy Watkins now

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Issac Bruce - San Francisco 49er :barf:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Watch Cutler become an incredibly serious, but charismatic broadcaster with fair takes for all.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Due to layoffs at ESPN the broadcast booth for Monday Night Football will replaced by an intern and a Lil Jon Soundboard.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Cutler already spitting hot takes

https://twitter.com/kpatra/status/860591095968919552

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I don't understand why the NFL won't do IR like any other league ever and just make it a place to move players on and off the roster.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Because IR gives you roster exemptions.

If you don't change that, then it becomes a place to stash players you don't want to lose the rights to.

If you do change that, then the random teams that end up with 24 people on IR like the Chargers last year end up releasing a ton of players because they can't field a team otherwise.

You get roster exemptions in other leagues as well though. In the NHL you can place a player on IR and they have to be on for a minimum of 7 days and for as long as that player is on IR you have an extra roster spot for someone else. The NFL would be far more interesting if you made IR a 2-week injured list, so the player had to spend at least 2 weeks on IR once on it and allowed teams to call up their practice squad players to play on the active roster for those two weeks then revert them back to the practice squad once the other play could come back.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

ulmont posted:

You can call up practice squad players like that I thought - don't they only count a season as active if a practice squad player plays more than six?

I think to call up a practice squad player now you had to sign them to an active contract, then when you don't need them, place them on waivers, wait for them to clear waivers then sign them back to the practice squad? They definitely need some number of games to accrue a season played.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kelvin Benjamin isn't fat, he's cultivating Mass

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I was talking up Prescott before the draft before the Rams traded the farm for Goff, was hoping they would look up on receivers in the first 3 rounds then draft him. I also don't have any proof of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

With that receiving core Jameis Winston will be forcefully penetrating defenses all year long.

• Locked thread