Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
what if Glennon is Tom Brady and trubs is Jimmy g

what if??????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
who cares how much Glennon costs. it's not like Dion sims' giant contract matters either with respect to drafting a fat white supremacist

the bears have totally changed organizational philosophies and it's about drat time. be like the cubs and Blackhawks - suck horribly, get top picks win a title instead of interminable mediocrity for a giant media market

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
assuming trubs would fall is exactly how the bears misses on Aaron donald

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

TheChirurgeon posted:

You could expand the sample to the last 40 years and it doesn't get any better (think you end up with about 12 total examples and only 2-3 success)

But then I could just say the same--there isn't enough evidence to suggest that trading up is a good idea, either. You just say "it's the most important position on the team, so it must be worth it," and I agree that it's important, but so far we don't have a lot of examples to point to where we'd go "yeah, see, this is why you have to do this."

And if you look at the success rate on 1st-round QBs over the same time frame (last 20 years or so), you still find that the trade-up picks underperform compared to 1st-round QBs (in terms of hit rate). It could just be bad luck, but I suspect that the additional costs and expectations placed on a QB that a team traded up to get decreases their chance of success.

srsly

it's probably also because teams aren't going to trade down on sure fire QBs. the colts were never going trade down from luck or Manning, for instance. the 49ers could reasonably have taken any of the QBs but wanted Thomas instead.

who the gently caress are the 49ers even going to start at QB, bears rejects?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the bears are going to follow that algorithm of next year's wins = 4+.5*last years

so they'll get 5 or 6 wins, Glennon will get hurt, Sanchez will come in and play more games, be bad, and trubs will play out the final meaningless month

then fox and his staff will say there's improvement and they need extensions and this was a developmental year and the bears will take a mediocre player at #8 overall

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

fishing with the fam posted:

The Bears schedule has their tough games heavily front loaded. So this is a great year to win 5 of their last 8 to finish 6-10. Then they can claim improvement and finishing on a high note, despite not actually improving in any appreciable way. The perfect excuse to keep John Fox as head coach. This is going to happen, and I will be pissed off.

it's too perfect to not happen

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

ilu jay

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

quote:

A white Maserati owned by Chicago Bears receiver Kevin White got nabbed from his girlfriend in Chicago's latest "bump-and-run" carjacking in the West Loop.

I saw the initial headline and knew white couldn't be directly involved in anything regarding running

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

whypick1 posted:

Since this is the Bears we're talking about, he's probably around #6 just because we don't know he sucks yet.

who's in fifth, Jim Miller or Shane Matthews?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I just did the math and Dion sims, Markus Wheaton, Kendall wright, Victor Cruz and Kevin white combined last year for a bit under 1600 yards. Cruz led all of them.

• Locked thread