Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Dexo posted:

The Third choice available now is Mitch is actually good and the Bears finally have a QB who will worth a drat. the odds on that(or most drafted QBs tbh) are slim.

Dude, shut the gently caress up already.

There's nothing good about the pick the Bears made. Not for the front office, not for Glennon, and not even for Mitch. The front office looks and operates like a joke (which has monetary implications and makes the place look undesirable to FO talent), Glennon's going to be looking over his shoulder and playing for a GM who doesn't want him, Mitch will be playing for a coach who doesn't want him and thrown out to the wolves too early, their development will get caught in the crosshairs of a political FO feud, and players' agents around the league will take note and tell their guys not to go there.

There's nothing to defend here. Best case scenario is one of Glennon/Mitch manages to keep their head on straight during this shitshow and develops into the QB the Bears want them to be.

Worst and most likely case? Everything gets blown up and you've wasted this year, as well as some of next year's draft picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

mllaneza posted:

Alex may not be a funslinger, but he gave us this game, that last TD pass is admittedly the best pass he's ever thrown:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6FfeHDrexE

He tends to show up Big in the playoffs.

Also, the Saints have been in two of the greatest games I've ever seen. This one and the NFC championship against the Favre-led Vikes.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

fsif posted:

Tyrod Taylor getting the rawest deal in football this side of Colin Kaepernick. From the Bills new, non-Doug Whaley GM:

What the gently caress is wrong with the Buffalo Bills??? Tyrod could easily leave for a nice contract on a non-poo poo team (see Denver).

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Jets are starting a long rebuild. TT helping them win a few extra games doesn't do them any good.

That's a poor excuse when you're starting trash at the quarterback position. Rebuilding doesn't always have to equate to being completely non-competitive. They could've nabbed him, build the talent around him (and not necessarily "for" him), then draft an eventual successor.

Kaep not having a job is sadly unsurprising, but Tyrod's struggle to find demand is so strange.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Kalli posted:

61 T.Y. Hilton WR Colts --
62 Cameron Wake DE Dolphins --
63 Chris Harris Jr. CB Broncos 52
64 Casey Hayward CB Chargers --
65 Jordan Reed TE Redskins 77
66 Xavier Rhodes CB Vikings --
67 Greg Olsen TE Panthers 38
68 Geno Atkins DT Bengals 29
69 Jay Ajayi RB Dolphins nice
70 Kirk Cousins QB Redskins 85

Oh god. They're going to put Dak above Sean Lee, aren't they?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Tom Sellout posted:

Safeties have to take entirely different angles than corners. Revis made his name shutting down receivers in isolation on the sideline. Even a slight decline in altheticism lead to a precipitous downfall. Although he has always demonstrated great technique as a tackler, who the hell knows how he would be as a safety

How the gently caress did Ty Law last so long?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

BlindSite posted:

I only saw Dak play about three games last year and they all featured a whole lot of running and play action passing. How good is he at actually reading a defense and throwing guys open? I know the scouting report when he came out was more of a "might be OK one day" kind of stuff, but if you were scouting him now whats the deal?

Dak seemed to really struggle during plays when the threat of a run was not perceived. He'd hold onto the ball for far too long and took bad sacks in several big games.

However, I was really impressed with him later in the season and in the playoff loss to GB.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

MrLogan posted:

He was really bad in the playoff game vs Green Bay until Dom Capers went prevent with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

I'll have to go back and watch it then because that's not what I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can't stop laughing at the oline though

• Locked thread