Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

I mean he's right. I wouldn't play him, honestly the less snaps he takes with John Fox and Loggains as his coach the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/860588625678958592

That's my Quarterback. gently caress a Mike Glennon

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 5, 2017

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Jay Cutler the man is awesome and cool and good. Jay Cutler the QB is poo poo.

Eh he at the very keast humors his wife with antivax poo poo and is a Maga supporter so ehhhhh.

But he is pretty funny when he doesn't have to be defensive.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://theathletic.com/58477/2017/05/05/a-liberated-jay-cutler-makes-the-move-out-of-chicago-into-tv/

the athletic posted:

As Cutler closes the book for good, on the Bears at least, he sounded relaxed and content, ready to embrace the challenges of a job he doesn’t know much about.

Until prep work starts, he’ll enjoy his freedom, which he forecasted a bit in Cavallari’s naked Instagram picture of him. On that, he said, “She always asks if she can put me on the World Wide Web…I was like whatever.”

Silverman asked if there’s any more nakedness happening in the Cutler household.

“We’ve got a lot of trees around us, so you do have the freedom to do that here,” Cutler said. “We’ve had a little bit of rain the last couple days, so I’ve kind of kept my clothes on as of late. I checked the forecast and there’s some sun coming in the next few days so I’m looking forward to liberating myself and being my true self.”

That’s what everyone’s hoping to see on TV this fall  — just with clothes on.

Gotta sneak on to the Cutler compound and get picks of naked Jay in the wild.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I've been to Green Bay.

That study is bullshit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/861731662723297281

NFLPA gonna hopefully parlay this into removing the punishment for Weed in the league.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

weird Asian candy posted:

Oh they must have an eye out for his replacement...

https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/862763140374835202

wyd Bears

GLENNON NEEDS WEAPONS

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

gtbwqb

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

This poo poo is absolutely crazy to me. If nobody else, the Jets should have been bringing in anybody who has had any sort of success at QB. Tyrod, and to a lesser extent Kaepernick, would have been perfect players to go after. Instead we broke the bank on the ancient and ever-terrible Josh McCown.

but but he had that one stretch of 5 or so games in 2014 or whenever where he played literally the worst defenses in the league(besides his own) and lit them up.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Need All-22 footage of Cromartie and all of his kids.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/OnionSports/status/864165477576318978

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/864914881119571968

:allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Subscribe to the Washington Post.

They have been doing some serious goddamn work.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Edit: ^^ Fair enough.

Chilichimp posted:

I read a twitter joke that was the same as one made about 24 hours prior about people being caught jumping the WH fence.

Someone in the thread called it out, and the response to the callout was basically, "That was 19 news cycles ago"

The pace of reporting right now is loving bonkers. The NYT and WaPo both broke the "most concurrent readers" record for two different stories on the same loving day. Fox has slipped to 3rd rated news network largely due to their refusal to cover any of this poo poo.

If this dumb scandal ruins Fox News' credibility for the average non crazy person, I will need to send Trump a loving gift basket or something. Because he did something I thought would be impossible.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

For some reason, this stopped working for me. It's asking me to pay for it now, which blows.

You should pay for it. Good reporting should be compensated. I don't know your money situation so this isn't some attempt at moralizing or guilting you. But if you can spare the few bucks a month for a yearly sub you should do it.

Anyway. Mitch Trubisky. Great Bears QB, or Greatest Bears QB.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

This explains so much why Ryan Pace former NO front office member decided to sign Glennon.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

But did he pay for his own plane ticket?

quote:

The Bears chairman was asked by new general manager Ryan Pace to consider the case of Ray McDonald, a defensive end with a recent history of charges of violence against women.

McCaskey said he reviewed the file and said no. He cited McDonald’s poor decision-making, and he was right. “No’’ seemed to be the way to go. Call it the safe option if you want, but it certainly seemed to be a smarter choice than many McDonald made in 2014.

McCaskey, however, eventually got to “yes.’’ The troubling part is how he got there.

First, the Bears were impressed that McDonald bought his own ticket to fly from San Francisco to Chicago to pitch the Bears on himself. The Bears might not realize how it looks, or more likely don’t care, but it plays into the reputation that the Bears in fact would be impressed whenever anybody spends his own money.

For the record, McDonald made $855,000 in salary alone last season. A first-class, round-trip seat on American Airlines bought Wednesday for travel on Wednesday, the worst possible time to purchase a ticket, would’ve cost less than $1,400.

It seems McDonald could’ve afforded to pop for his own transportation, and still had enough left over for bail.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/rosenblog/chi-bears-ray-mcdonald-george-mccaskey-rosenbloom-20150325-column.html

I love my easily impressed organization.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

kiimo posted:

I can operate Opentable dot com clearly I can operate your offense

edit: Chiefs coaches put Mahomes through six hours of breaking down film

Jokes aside The Bears actually did you know actually have a workout and view film and what not.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-mitch-trubisky-bears-chicago-hope-spt-0521-20170519-story.html

Though it does have this amazing quote for Fiz.

quote:

It's amazing, too, in the NFL's rumor-an-hour news cycle how little leaked, particularly after the Bears sneaked around with Trubisky in North Carolina, a state where the recognizable Fox spent the majority of his head coaching career.

Even walking through Terminal 2 at the Raleigh-Durham airport, Pace felt every glance, every finger pointing on the way to baggage claim.

Says Loggains: "People are shouting out, 'Coach Fox! We love you! You were the best coach the Panthers ever had!'"

Fox would grin and nudge his traveling companions.

"See!" he would say. "They love me here!"

Pace's amusement, however, was muted by his paranoia.

"Here I am thinking this is going to end up in a tweet or on Instagram," the GM says.

:allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Don't let your kids play football. Unless there is literally no other option.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/867807905571102723

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/867808695077527553

Glennon's year has arrived

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

a neat cape posted:

Ryan Mathews plays WoW and the Packers OL play Settlers of Catan

And yet they are less Dorky than Dangeruss Wilson

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I like mocking Wilson's nerdy rear end as much as anyone. But its silly to imply anything about the step kid that he is fathering.

Seems like both him and Ciara are loving parents.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Sanchez hurt his knee so they decided to keep Shaw for now.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/869667176579518464

https://twitter.com/Rich_Campbell/status/869668319183466496

Bears media policy owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lmao at TO being worse than Carter

• Locked thread