Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Vikings have told Bridgewater they aren't exercising his 5th year option.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/859121090563649536

I can understand why they'd decline it based on the injury guarantee but it's going to be real hosed up if they pull those PUP shenanigans Ian Rappaport mentioned last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

I was only joking when I said the Vikings are continually hoping signing drunk WRs will net them another Cris Carter but apparently it's true??

https://twitter.com/criscarter80/status/862402021307015168

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Some one claiming that THIS is the year that Sam Bradford finally becomes a top QB is like picking the Jaguars to make the playoffs. There's always some one who thinks it will happen, but it never does.
Man, it's only halfway through May and we're already here?

He was pretty good last year. Not a "top QB" but good enough for the Vikings to be successful if the line could have blocked anyone. It really can't be overstated how bad the offensive line was last year. If the moves the team made this offseason can get the line to "average", the rest of the offense (and defense) is competent enough for the Vikings to be competitive.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Genuinely surprised to see Xavier Rhodes that high. This was definitely his big coming out year but on the Viking defense I'd still rank him behind Everson Griffen, Harrison Smith and Linval Joseph.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

He started slow because of the NFL's arbitrary and archaic rules about the player's college's classes still being in session or something. Then he never saw the field much and when he did he was lackluster at best.

As anyone ever looked at the impact to rookies who can't attended minicamp due to the rules about coming from quarters system? Similar to Myles Jack, Anthony Barr and Erick Kendricks also had slower starts to their rookie seasons but maybe it's just the nature of being a linebacker.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Michael Floyd's house arrest was transferred to Minnesota so he can participate in mini-camp with the Vikings.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

This was a really amazing game, because it showed that if you had a historically great defense, injured the entire Patriots offensive line, all their running backs and receivers, then Tom Brady would still drive down the field for the game tying touchdown.

Your opponent also needs to have a shell-of-his-former-self QB fail to generate any sustained offense.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
17 is already moving to the second level when Davis abandons the lane.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

It's just a list of all the widely considered franchise QB's

well i don't know why you even bothered if you couldn't even do it right, like my list below and

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Teddy Bridgewater participated in OTAs today.

https://twitter.com/vikings/status/867137902559539200

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Not entirely related to Brock, but I wonder if it's possible for a QB to blame his surrounding talent for his own performance and still have a career in the NFL

Jeff George

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Yes, he talked about how bad Kniles Davis is a few weeks ago!

• Locked thread