Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
#1 La Canfora, #2 Fiz beefing with an ex Carolina guy, #3 if anything everyone in the world should be on Fox's side asking "what in the world are you doing?" here.

Oh god, the hidden hilarious thing there is Chicago looking at Pat Fitzerald.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

All that means is it's guaranteed for injury. Which I guess you can say isn't worth it, but it's not like they're tied at the hip to Bortles for the next 5 years.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Going by his rate stats Kessler is just the better quarterback and should win the job anyway if there's a competition.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Chiefs exercised Dee Ford's option.

Dorsey said 2nd string QB is currently on the roster, which means nothing.

Ford's option is fine. Is he saying the second string QB is on the roster meaning Mahomes isn't technically on the roster yet so he isn't second string (the other option is he's third string) or...what? I don't understand the comment.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah that's fine too then. Unless it's Stave. Did you know Joel Stave is on the Chiefs roster?

I did but forgot. And I don't like this new world where I know he's there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Jamaal Charles going to find a home?

Maybe not until training camp, but if he can pass a physical someone will give him a shot.

There's no real news about it that I'm aware of but it's possible he's asking for guaranteed money and no one will give it to him? Which would be understandable.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheChirurgeon posted:

And even if your argument was "Trubisky might not have been there," there were other QB options and it's not like Trubisky was the highest-rated QB prospect in the draft.

He clearly was on their board and they probably thought he was on others :shrug:

I also saw plenty of mocks that had him as the top guy for whatever that's worth (not much, but the buzz was there).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs trading a first round pick, likely to be at the end of the round next year and a third for a franchise quarterback is absolutely not overpaying.

I know you're basking in the afterglow of actually trying to draft a quarterback (I am too), but that 'franchise QB' part of things is very much to be determined.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CannonFodder posted:

If those were the years that Favre was hitting the Oxys real hard then that's not a surprise. He probably cleaned up for games but wasn't 100% for practice if you know what I mean.

Favre's public painkiller thing was way back in 1996, which happens to be his Super Bowl year.

Not saying it didn't happen again of course, but that's the one the blew up into a big story.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eli Wiggum posted:

He was in a much better position to succeed in Denver. And then Josh McDaniels happened

Yeah probably the worst thing that happened to Jay Cutler's career was Shanahan getting fired. Hell arguably his best seasons in the league were his second and third years, that's not supposed to happen with a guy who starts for a decade.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
gently caress that.

I still wish Jamaal well but now I have to hope that he averages 5 yards a carry but never scores and somehow never helps the Broncos to score on any drive he's in for.

It's quite possible he's just done of course, but I don't want to cheer for that

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This is a fun picture.

That's apparently Doug Whaley and Tim Murray (ex-Sabres GM) who were both fired in the last week or two at a bar in Buffalo this afternoon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dexo posted:

You would have to be dumb as poo poo. Like really really dumb, hell all of the articles about the signing and almost everything written about Glennon has been about how his deal is structured so he can be fired into the sun after this year.

I do think there is some difference between signing a prove it deal for a team with no quarterback and signing with a team that just traded up to draft a quarterback #2 overall.

Would Glennon sign the same deal today knowing what was coming? I don't know, it still seems like it might be the best deal he could get because he's Mike Glennon. But the expectation of what he'd have to do to actually win the job past this year is a lot different now, he'd going to have to go full Cousins.

And if the Bears FO is like Washington's that still won't be enough.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I really want to see Jim and Jed sit down to a steak dinner served with whole milk now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Joe Namath: LA Ram.

weird Asian candy posted:

That's dirty pool you rear end in a top hat! :argh:

You win the tight end game so goddamned much with Tony Gonzalez Atlanta Falcon that I'm kind of angry about you worrying about Alge Crumpler of all people.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

also about Foster...

It'll honestly be a shame if Foster can't play. He could be really damned good if his body holds up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sad King Billy posted:

What actually is that? I can see the sausage and the dough but is that cheese, or cream or toothpaste, what is it?

"Beer cheese sauce." And/or mustard I guess.

quote:

22-inch horseshoe shaped bratwurst in a house-made bun topped by crispy fried sauerkraut, mustard and beer cheese sauce

It's apparently been retired.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

sean10mm posted:

Though if the Pats turn into instant trash in 2017 I expect the "we still hate you" hangover for the Patriots to last until like... 2057 or so.

I'm really angry about the Raiders being maybe good again and they've been actually seriously good like three times during my lifetime. One of those was when I was 5 years old.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah I see the Chargers having a very high ceiling and floor this year.

I can buy the ceiling being fairly high, but I think their floor is something like 4-12.

I don't expect them to be that bad by any means, but I can see it happening if everything goes wrong.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a patagonian cavy posted:

the track record of volcel QBs in the NFL is not good tebow but the sample size is also not large, so this upcoming season will be interesting in that regard

Kordell Stewart?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm not inclined to feel bad for LeGarrette Blount of all people, but somehow I kind of do.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Has any starting running back earned less money to win two Super Bowls than LeGarrette Blount?

Plenty because inflation/free agency/whatever else, but for someone less appreciated for their contributions (probably correctly) all I can come up with that might even be arguable is Ahmad Bradshaw?

I guess he was a rookie in 2007 so he probably didn't even start then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blane just needs a chance with a non dumpster fire organization!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Tajae Sharpe has been accused of beating the poo poo out of some fan at a bar after the fan told him he might lose playing time when the team drafted a receiver in the 5th round.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

VietCampo posted:

I mean the guy is suing him without even a police report or anyone getting charged, so either he's really really really fast or it's BS.

my money is on BS.

He apparently actually got his face screwed up somehow at least, but yeah that jumped out at me too. This seems like it'd be a criminal case first before a civil one if it went down like he said.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
You're not supposed to attack a serve in volleyball Cam :colbert:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

And hope that your team will raise a banner to it?

Now now, it's not our place to judge AFC South traditions.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
We can all agree Josh Gordon is way more responsible than Justin Blackmon.

Poor Blackmon :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He fell off the face of the Earth. What is he up to now?

His eyes in a fifth of booze basically.

He just moved back home and he drinks all the time as far as anyone can tell. No desire or attempt to get back to playing at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FebrezeNinja posted:

From the article I read earlier, the victim said he was challenged to go out back and he did, which is why there isn't a criminal case.

I'd assumed they lured him out there in some way (the most obvious way I can think to do this is invite him go smoke some weed with them or something).

I mean this guy is insane if he just went out to fight them. Sharpe might not be the most intimidating guy but when his buddy is this guy I think I'd think twice:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

It's The Browns

This sounds like a bad sitcom that lasts a couple of years and then sticks around forever in syndication. The football version of WKRP in Cincinnati.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Except WKRP was (and still is) good.

Change that to Night Court then, the WKRP turkey bit is still amazing.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Why would we care?

Ricky Stanzi playing in that spring league that won't actually happen is the big news.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I loved Night Court when I was a kid.

Go back and watch an episode now and tell me it's good. You will be lying.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Are... Are we the bad guys?

Not the only bad guys at least:

quote:

After retirement in 1976 Buoniconti went on to hit a pinnacle in three more careers: attorney and agent for 30 pro athletes; millionaire president of U.S. Tobacco; co-host for 23 years on HBO’s Inside the NFL.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
The last time the Pats opened the season against the Chiefs was 2008.

Which ended up screwing the Chiefs way more than the Pats somehow. But that was the last time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is RG3 2.0 the same poster as RG3?

I'm not sure if it would be funnier if he tried to evade probation by "user name 2.0" or if some other poster decided "that's who I want to be associated with."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted:

He absolutely is?

If you're in this conversation you've already lost.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Source your QB rankings

Have you not seen the printed shirts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Eifert Posting posted: