Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

weird Asian candy posted:

Did you even watch last season? Or are you just PTSD after that NFCCG?

PTSD? I'm so cynical about annual Packers playoff hopes at this point that getting sent home by a blowout loss rather than some kind of hysterical overtime heartbreaker is a nice change of pace. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Who the hell else is gonna win that division, the Lions? lol

They would have last year if not for some serious table running by the Packers.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I was roommates with football players for a semester in college due to some mix up--they don't like normies to be with athletes usually. They'd have their football assignment stuff to study (like opposing team's tendencies, etc) and on top of every page in the two linemen's handouts was a bolded reminder to keep eating.

It was nutritional stuff but the basic message was they need to eat.

I watched Joe Thomas play football and basketball in HS and uh.... to say he underwent a transformation once he got to Wisconsin would be an understatement. They took a really athletic kid who played tight end and they just added muscle and bulk.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Low Desert Punk posted:

Bears straight up playing 5D chess while the rest of the NFC playing checkers

I laughed at this probably more than I should have

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

Parker is apparently blowing everyone away by eating the meals the team nutritionist has prepared for him (he reportedly skipped meals regularly and would eat candy bars. No joke.)

Wasn't there an ESPN piece recently about how lovely some pro athletes eat? Like Dwight Howard or something was eating nothing but candy and was getting nerve damage because of it.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Intruder posted:

Dwight didn't know you're not supposed to eat like 20 candy bars a day

Also lol at that report. in other news, I'm blowing everyone away at work by not sleeping on the job or masturbating into the coffee machine

The next big pro sports scandal is going to be the diabetes epidemic and why the NBA/NFL are covering it up to protect the big candy companies

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Damarious Randahahahahahaha

Seriously: I thought he showed some promise his rookie year. Year 2 was a nose dive. I hope he can come back so I can make fun of him for wearing turtlenecks in 100 degree heat. But I have very low expectations.

Ice Fist fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 23, 2017

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/866695534471512064

https://twitter.com/TBBuccaneers/status/866711443449794561

quote:

"I want to make sure on behalf of the Bucs organization that I apologize to the Falcons for whatever that was supposed to be that went out on social media," Koetter said. "That's not what our organization is about."

Good God. We're apologizing for burns on twitter now.

(I actually had to read an ESPN article to catch the burn because I'm not the brightest bulb in the box apparently).

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

big money big clit posted:

Plus he's a huge loving megadork.

There really isn't a bigger dork in the NFL.

He would have had a competitor in Tebow if Tebow hadn't flamed out to minor league baseball.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

a neat cape posted:

the Packers OL play Settlers of Catan

Whoa

WHOA

Let's not insinuate things we can't take back.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Eddie Lacy is a weeb

I did not know this. lol.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

I was sarcastically trying to say that the guy I was quoting was insinuating that Settlers was dorky, not disputing that they play it.

I mean, those guys also are obsessed with Pitch Perfect, so they're dorks.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

No Butt Stuff posted:

This is loving dumb.

Goddamn this is the most high school poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Chromatic posted:

Summerall and Madden were the best ever.

Madden spent a significant amount of time discussing how to pick out the guilty party on an encroachment penalty in the most Madden way possible :allears:

(It's the guy who hits himself in the head afterwards)

• Locked thread