Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Spintzel posted:

In actually good NFL news, falcons new Takk McKinley isn't getting fined for his grandma rant

Dropping this here in case it gets missed with the old thread closed, and because good. I hate it when people get fined for doing stuff like that in the heat of the moment. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's the Browns. It will happen

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Watching Bear fans trying to justify their lovely pics gives me glee.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jim Harbaugh, University of Michigan.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Flikken posted:

Cleveland Browns, Baltimore

:drat:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I just had the thought of Stephen A. Smith and Cutler.

Is that cruel and unusual punishment for playing for the Bears?

nah :unsmigghh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:allears:

I hope King works out and is actually sturdy.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What a surprise. I'm sure every other team is employee the same type of doctor.

My team's doctor is nothing like that!

*tries to sweep what happened in the 90s with Brett under the rug*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, it's NHL playoffs time.

This guy has shown up at the past two Washington Capitals/Pittsburgh Penguins games:

Cartoon Man posted:

Say hi to the "Fire Dan Snyder" guy. He showed up in Pittsburgh last night and will be there for game 7.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.a9cba2ee7be9

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kalli posted:

Imagine the bud light of weed .

You mean that poo poo the government thought would be good for testing?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'd say the Steelers are due for a decline, but who knows. Ben sits out and their backup is pretty decent this past season. Who knows there.

Patriots are long overdue for one, but that won't happen for a while (well, as long as Bill gets people to come over by going, "Play for me, have a legit shot at a ring. Play for them, sure you get money, but will you get that ring?").

Other team likely overdue for one: Packers, as much as I hate to admit that, though of the current top teams, those are the only ones that have division champion dynasties compared to the others.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Intruder posted:

Two NFCS fans arguing about their respective embarrassing Superbowl losses

Meanwhile here I am just hoping my team one day makes it far enough to lose the conference championship game

And hope that your team will raise a banner to it?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SHOAH NUFF posted:

If both parties agree to a fistfight is the ensuing beat down legal?

How do you think hockey started

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Looking over the Browns schedule, I don't see how they could go less than 11-5. developing 2nd year QB, stiffened defense, contract year RB

It's The Browns

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Holy loving poo poo :stonk:

And to borrow from elsewhere, people are wondering why Dale Jr. is retiring from racing after missing a significant part of last season with a concussion.

THERE YOU loving GO.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, and I'm talking in general here with all the poo poo that's been unearthed lately, I wonder how much of it comes to Goddell sweeping poo poo under the rug to look good for his bosses (the owners), or the owners telling him to sweep it under the rug to look good for the public.

It feels like the facade fell off the NFL though. Whether it's good or bad remains to be seen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

For a bit more context:
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/863044150995947524
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/863046673240649728

But holy poo poo I think that'll get Take of the Week from Awful Annou-

Wait, Whitlock has been DQed from it?

:argh:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

The only really awful playoff games Ben has had were against the Jets in 2010 and the Seahawks in the Super Bowl (both games which the Steelers won of course, because that's how the world works).

Which isn't to say he's been really good of course, he hasn't most of the time. But he's not Ryan Lindley out there I guess is my point. Decidedly averageish.

What about when the packers beat the steelers :smug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Inelastic vs elastic collisions. Basically you want to make a collision as inelastic as possible, so as much energy as possible is dissipated in it. Racing (yeah I'm making yet another racing ref) realized this and created SAFER barriers, which prevent the cars from bouncing back into traffic when they hit the wall. It's also why road cars today crumple instead of bouncing. One of the biggest advantages is it's better for the driver (and passengers), as in less chance of injury.

Also, probably the thing that caught my eye the most:

quote:

Vicis was founded four years ago by neurosurgeon Sam Browd, engineering professor Per Reinhall, and Dave Marver, former CEO of the Cardiac Science Corporation.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eli Wiggum posted:

Dilfer repeatedly screaming "YOU CAN'T DRIVE A FERRARI LIKE A PRIUS" has been forever burned into my brain

No one tell him about the LaFerrari.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if it'd be healthier for the NFL and its players to implement weight maximums.

Somewhere Gilbert Brown gets a chill.

Or would if he was still playing anyway.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/AlexanderRossi/status/864913825090478080

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I remember him being offered an out of his Tyreek Hill Toxx, and, well, he didn't take it.

A dumb Hill to die on, if you ask me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alaois posted:

i wish he would go back to F1

I doubt he will at this point. F1 is insanely cut throat and he'd probably never make it on a top team needed to sustain a long career in it. He's happy in Indy, and he'll be forever remembered as the winner of the 100th Indy 500.

Intruder posted:

Surely you didn't need to bold the pun :colbert:

Oh but I did!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DND is sort of SERIOUS PEOPLE TALKING SERIOUS THINGS

CSPAM is "Hey man, pass the weed"

And yes, CSPAM is better.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

WSJ is owned by News Corp, mind you. Same people who own Fox News. Their editorial board is very right wing at this point.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kalli posted:

boiled ribs?!?!?

Eve thread is that way *points*

whypick1 posted:

Since this is the Bears we're talking about, he's probably around #6 just because we don't know he sucks yet.

He'll royally blow chunks.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ryan Fitzpatrick is that one QB who sucks but is a still a better option than half the other free agents?

I mean, I don't think they're taking him to be a starter, but how many better QBs are on the market right now with game experience?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So, when the pats finally stop being the bandwagon team, which one is next?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eifert Posting posted:

My owner employs cheerleaders well into their 40s. :c00l:

My team doesn't employ cheerleaders. They instead ask the two local colleges "Hey, can we use your cheer squads for the games?"

And so they do. So we have traditional cheerleaders, not the skimpy crap.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That sucks. Where are our carbon nanotube knee braces already!

They'll be around next time a big name QB tears an ACL, natch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just move to the college system already for the regular season (maybe the post season too).

Problem solved :colbert:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:stonklol:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/status/869962349108576256

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bad Moon posted:

I think he's still staying on his Seattle area radio show.

He said he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking of the Bucs first few seasons, I thought I'd share this. I have it hanging on the wall in my office. The St Pete times created this after the Super Bowl - it's every game the Bucs ever played from their first ever up to the SB, with the Lombardi trophy outlined:

Close up:

I did timg because I'm phone posting and have no idea how big these are

That's pretty cool, actually.

• Locked thread