Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Hey now, how can you judge Hackenberg when he's only entering his second year and hasn't played?

lmao at my own stupid argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

Based on his decision to take a mega pay cut to stay in Buffalo, I don't actually think there IS much a market for him. Meanwhile, Mike Glennon got $15 million, Blake Bortles is the uncontested starter, and Blaine Gabbert is once again employed.

(And before anyone says, “yeah, but Mike Glennon's contract allows him to be easily cut next year”, so does Tyrod's.)

This poo poo is absolutely crazy to me. If nobody else, the Jets should have been bringing in anybody who has had any sort of success at QB. Tyrod, and to a lesser extent Kaepernick, would have been perfect players to go after. Instead we broke the bank on the ancient and ever-terrible Josh McCown.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The Jets are starting a long rebuild. TT helping them win a few extra games doesn't do them any good.

The most important position is QB. Who gives a poo poo about draft position if you potentially get a decent starter at QB in free agency?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I think we already learned this off season that the Bills and plenty of other teams don't see TT as a long term answer at QB. Count the Jets among them.

And Mccown is? I don't see a (good) reason to favor him over either TT or Kaep.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

Tyrod signed his extension prior to the start of free agency. He wasn't available.

Fair point, I'd still prefer Kaep though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Diva Cupcake posted:

:toot:
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/870260063793012736
Cant imagine it's much. They were likely releasing him after running him with 3rd teamers in OTAs.
e: lol
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/870263633812615168

:laffo: trade our lovely 1st rounder for our old lovely third rounder.

• Locked thread