Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

mastershakeman posted:

it's probably also because teams aren't going to trade down on sure fire QBs. the colts were never going trade down from luck or Manning, for instance. the 49ers could reasonably have taken any of the QBs but wanted Thomas instead.

who the gently caress are the 49ers even going to start at QB, bears rejects?

The 49ers will be starting QB Sam Darnold/Josh Allen/Josh Rosen*, or whoever it is they pick first second* overall in the next draft.

*forgot about the Jets for a second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

We've still got so many holes to plug it doesn't matter if we start a waffle at QB. There was no reason to draft high this year and throw them raw into the NFC West meatgrinder like we did with Alex Smith.

I'd actually kinda like them to start a waffle at QB, so we could guarantee the first overall pick next year.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What I want out of the team is enough wins to keep manbaby Jed from purging the coaching staff again, but not enough to gently caress up our drafting.

It's like that episode of that sitcom where the high school kid got into an advanced class by mistake and had to get a grade that was just high enough to pass but low enough he'd get tossed from the class.

Not even Jed is dumb enough to purge a staff that he just gave a fully guaranteed six year contract to. As laughably stupid as he is, he still likes money.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Gonz posted:

A proposal: San Francisco continues to be awful at football and the Lions win a playoff game for the first time since the James Garfield administration.

I would also like to see them win a Super Bowl, but first, baby steps.

Counter proposal: the 49ers get good again for three years, then decline for a few, then get good again for three years, then decline for a few, etc etc.

I was tempted to say they should dominate the NFL forever and screw everyone else, but we already have the Patriots in the league and gently caress those guys.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

sean10mm posted:

Browns over .500 would be loving great and anybody who says otherwise is being lovely.

49ers can gently caress off tho. You don't get to a bloo bloo bloo with a case full of Lombardis.

The 49ers have been without a super bowl win for longer than the Browns* have been a team.

*current iteration :laugh:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Is that someone describing how quickly a 25 point lead can disappear? He could also be discussing a pick six from the 10-yard line in the final two minutes of a playoff-implication game. I'm not sure :shrug:

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

a patagonian cavy posted:

You don't want your team to be hated as a perennial super bowl contender? I want this thing very much

They haven't won a thing since some goons were born, yet they're already just about there. It's more about not being able to live with myself if I aspire to be like a Pats fan.

Edit: vvvv My god it's going to be good to see Bowman playing healthy this year. At least for the 5 games he plays before he retires, and Foster takes over.

Edit 2: Also fun to look at the sidelines and play the Is He Still a 49er game, "Nope, nope, nope, gone, nope, gone, nope, nope."

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 01:40 on May 3, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

whypick1 posted:

And he roots for Notre Dame :barf:

He's a Notre Dame alumni, which is why I figured they'd draft Kizer second overall.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/120Sports/status/860246391305760768

Boy did the Bears save the Niners from themselves

That's actually not what Shanahan said. At all. Local media is jumping all over SI for their headline. Shanahan said, when asked, that "if" the team doctors got it wrong on the shoulder, then "worst case scenario" would be Foster misses a single season.

Weird that so many articles are coming out trying to make the pick look bad.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Abugadu posted:

Out of all the division leaders, I think it's the Seahawks. Not that they probably won't win their division again, given the shape of the NFC West, but I don't think they make it anywhere in the playoffs this year. They did nothing to help the o-line, injuries/age are catching up with the defense, and the WRs are still sub-par. I feel like every game is a serious gamble that Wilson doesn't get broken in half, and the second that happens they nosedive.

It's not a LOT of things, but Pocic is very very good. I don't know why people keep overlooking him.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah I see the Chargers having a very high ceiling and floor this year. Same with the Cowboys.

Every member of the Cowboys o-line will get a minor, but season ending injury. Dak will regress and turn into a "one read" QB. Zeke will develop an eating disorder and dwarf Eddie Lacy.

The world will be at peace.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Gabbert is perfectly fine as a backup

No.

Edit: Unless you mean third string. After his stint as a starter, he finished the year behind Kap and Christian Ponder. Christian Ponder.

Christian Ponder.

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 11, 2017

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

mllaneza posted:

Alex may not be a funslinger, but he gave us this game, that last TD pass is admittedly the best pass he's ever thrown:

God drat they were so much fun to watch those first two years under Harbaugh :(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

big money big clit posted:

That playoff game against the 49ers came within a week of LSU getting shut out in the national championship game and between the two they essentially broke me to the point that I'm incapable of ever caring deeply about sports.

You lucky bastard.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

fsif posted:

Hue is secretly in a great position this year. He only really needs four or five wins the entire season to be credited with leading the team in the right direction.

"Only," lol.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Intruder posted:

Imagine seeing Tom Brady trying to block and having basically carte blanche to take his head off and instead just kind of shuffling out of his way

Jets.txt

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

kiimo posted:

Name your team's disappointing player that's totally gonna turn it around this year for real this time y'all.

I'll go first: Jeremy Maclin

Jed York.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

seiferguy posted:

My guess is the team plans to let Britt walk. Which would be dumb but w/e I never expect good decisions when it comes to Seattle's offensive line.

Wasn't there some talk of playing Pocic at tackle?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Hoping the Seahawks implode; Schneider turns into a draft pumpkin, Paul Allen fires Carroll in a fit a pique, Tom Cable is hired as the new HC, and all their star players retire.

Karma, bitches.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

A lot of negative press surrounding the 49ers in the Harbaugh days came from the Seahawks' locker room. Sherman and Baldwin complained about Harbaugh's college coaching. There was a bizarre story they told about Harbaugh trailing the Seahawks team bus, honking at them. They threw out a lot of just weird poo poo when they were still an up-and-coming team (and it looked like the 49ers were going to be on top for a while).

Of course Sherman's INT in the championship game that basically led to the rift between Harbs and York/Baalke compares pretty well to the Butler INT the Seahawks suffered.

Karma in several ways.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

http://www.theonion.com/article/brandon-jacobs-furious-at-giants-coaching-staff-fo-26550

Brandon Jacobs has been an idiot for so long, there's archived Onion stories laughing at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Paxton Lynch took some reps in OTAs and uh he isn't looking good

That looks pretty much how I expected it to.

edit:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755666&pagenumber=22&perpage=40#post455103721

:smuggo:

Also lol, given what they did in this year's draft:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3755666&pagenumber=22&perpage=40#post455125862

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 30, 2017

• Locked thread