Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I think people are judgmental of trading up for a QB this year because the class was seen as weak. But there's always an element of chance in this poo poo anyway. Some 1st pick QBs bust, some undrafted guys become starters. Some suffer horrible injuries, some mentally check out of the game. You're never going to know if you made the right move until 4-5 years down the road. So we can laugh about it now, but it's likely that one of these QBs will shine, a couple will bust, and those who guess right get to say Told you so.

Also, the Packers cut every RB that wasn't Ty Montgomery to make room for their draft class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
My wife missed out on $500 from having the 9-9 point square during the CAR-NE superbowl when Kasay honked the kickoff out of bounds, allowing NE to drive minimal yards to have Vinatieri boot it through with 4 seconds left.

I also missed out on Janet Jackson flashing during halftime, as I went to the kitchen for a beer.

It was a bad Super Bowl all around.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Kelvin Benjamin falling into Yogurt River and gettin sucked up into a clear tube before getting stuck halfway up

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Bunch of tiny Christian McCaffreys toddle out singing

Oompa Loompa Kuechly doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa Kuechly dee
Why does this WR weigh 283

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets
Eating as much as Kawann Short eats
What are you at going Mike Williams style fat
What do you think will come of that?

Trade bait for the New York Jets

Oompa Loompa Kuechly doo
If you're not greedy you will go far
You could win some Super Bowls too
Like the Pats and Pack and Steelers do

*Cam hurriedly hustles the rest of the group onto the SS Riverboat Ron

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

why were you fully exposed

i mean i've been to sf so i get it, but still

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

The National Anthem is replaced by Sublime's cover of Smoke Two Joints.

Games in domed stadiums become much more difficult, due to the hotbox effect.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What teams most likely had their window close after last season?

Out of all the division leaders, I think it's the Seahawks. Not that they probably won't win their division again, given the shape of the NFC West, but I don't think they make it anywhere in the playoffs this year. They did nothing to help the o-line, injuries/age are catching up with the defense, and the WRs are still sub-par. I feel like every game is a serious gamble that Wilson doesn't get broken in half, and the second that happens they nosedive.

For non-division leaders, I think it's the Cardinals and Ravens. Cardinals had a perfect situation last year and their defense shat the bed. I don't think that improves much this year. Ravens just have been in a slow decline, and have had some subpar drafts, just attrition killing them.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Coldforge posted:

It's not a LOT of things, but Pocic is very very good. I don't know why people keep overlooking him.

Because they already had a decent center, that was the one spot on their o-line that needed no help at all. I get that they can shift him to guard, but given Cable's track record, I wouldn't be super optimistic.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

a patagonian cavy posted:

bill belichick did poorly at his first HC job, coincidentally in Cleveland, before achieving success elsewhere

hue jackson is going to complete the circle by bringing sustained success to the Cleveland Browns

Didn't do that poorly. Got them to the playoffs. Beat the Patriots in the playoffs. The team actually looked like it was on an upswing before the move was announced.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

lol chargers fans

about tre boston

So now we have two player decisions dictated by homeless people.

I feel a venture capital project forming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Cavauro posted:

man there are a lot of good wrs around. i'm glad we all have some

• Locked thread