Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

I mean I know one way to not have a franchise quarterback. Stay at 27 and draft a linebacker. And then do it again next year. You have to make a move and they finally did.

But teams in recent years have found their franchise quarterbacks picking at the end of the first or later? Cousins, Wilson, Carr, Bridgewater (assuming his leg didn't explode), Prescott...

Over that same period you've had Luck, Winston, Tannehill, Mariota and Wentz (giving him the benefit of the doubt here) taken early in the first. So about as many late round guys who worked out as very early first round picks, and of those pretty much all of them except Tannehill and maybe Wentz were much more highly regarded than the current QB class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That playoff game against the 49ers came within a week of LSU getting shut out in the national championship game and between the two they essentially broke me to the point that I'm incapable of ever caring deeply about sports.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Coldforge posted:

You lucky bastard.

It's a huge QoL improvement, to be honest.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Intruder posted:

IIRC the Diaz brothers are basically always at weight without needing to cut much. Coincidentally they never gas out

Nate claims he has a pretty rough cut to 155, but he still has a good gas tank when he fights there. But the Diaz brothers aren't instructive examples anyway since they're both triathletes as well.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I can't wait till he's cut and the Browns pick him up for penny's. People calling Bortles a bust has been laughably premature. Dude played last year on a busted shoulder behind a trash o-line of course he was bad.

What about all of the other years?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bort hasn't been done any favors by his coaches and GMs, but I don't think he's magically going to become good if you put a good O-line in front of him. I think he's developed some bad habits due to bad coaching and the aforementioned running for his life that he wouldn't shake even if those things went away. His mechanics and decision making are really poor and they've both been bad for long enough that I think that's just who he is. He might have turned into a good played in better circumstances, but that time has passed.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The offense has not been great for the Seattle, and for sure that would get annoying for a legendary defense, but it seems weird to blame it on Wilson. The Seahawks spend all of their non-qb salary cap on the defense, so of course it's going to be better than the offense. And Wilson isn't perfect, but the many 3-and-outs aren't because of him, but because of SeahawksOL.gif

OTOH I love angry and crazy Sherman so it's all good.

Eh, it reads more like players get fed up with Wilson because Carroll gives him a pass for anything and everything and his relentless optimism wears thin when the offense has like five first downs in a game. Add in that Wilson is the one with the endorsement deals and media attention despite the offense being just dire, and he defense carrying the team, and it's not hard to see where resentment comes from.

Plus he's a huge loving megadork.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bad Moon posted:

I don't know how anybody could look at the Seattle offense and go "Yeah Wilson is the cause of this poo poo show"

They think the whole offense is garbage (correct) and that Wilson is the leader of the offense and doesn't hold his guys accountable enough.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

This sounds like poor reporting.

This drat fake news epidemic just won't let up!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jarvis Landry owns and I liked him more than Beckham when they were both at LSU.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Here are some Jarvis Landry things I like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Benne posted:

It's weird how much offensive talent Les Miles could recruit, yet he never found a QB worth a poo poo.

Well, he kept recruiting dual threat spread guys and trying to have them run an offense that was under center in I formation 90 percent of the time, and the other 10 percent was when he'd have them run a dumb speed option to the short side of the field...

So maybe those guys could have been alright if they'd been playing for someone other than Les Miles.

• Locked thread