Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

iospace posted:

Dropping this here in case it gets missed with the old thread closed, and because good. I hate it when people get fined for doing stuff like that in the heat of the moment. :unsmith:

He was not under contract, therefore not subject to fine. Not that Goodell didn't see that as a challenge, but he was never going to get fined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Intruder posted:

The Bears had a QB who was worth a drat for years, too bad they never had a line to protect him but still wanted him to run an offense of slow developing plays

Yea. Orten really got screwed.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Diva Cupcake posted:

David Carr has a better more accurate arm right now than Pat Mahomes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTDRfsMDs35/

I wish one would have hit Heath right between the eyes

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

The Football Funhouse > May N/V: No, Dexo will not shut the gently caress up already

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Abugadu posted:

Bunch of tiny Christian McCaffreys toddle out singing

Oompa Loompa Kuechly doo
I've got a perfect puzzle for you
Oompa Loompa Kuechly dee
Why does this WR weigh 283

What do you get when you guzzle down sweets
Eating as much as Kawann Short eats
What are you at going Mike Williams style fat
What do you think will come of that?

Trade bait for the New York Jets

Oompa Loompa Kuechly doo
If you're not greedy you will go far
You could win some Super Bowls too
Like the Pats and Pack and Steelers do

*Cam hurriedly hustles the rest of the group onto the SS Riverboat Ron

I love you

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

CannonFodder posted:

I'm guessing that's Kelvin on the left with the hover hands.

That man weighs as much as one of Kelvin's meaty thighs

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Timby posted:

Cutler was boned by both the offensive line and having to learn like a half-dozen different offenses.

And also having the brain of Jay Cutler

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

Getting sacked like a billion times tends be bad for the head.

Jay Cutler has been Jay Cutler since he entered the league. Chicago Jay really wasn't much different than Denver Jay.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

He was in a much better position to succeed in Denver. And then Josh McDaniels happened

I was surprised to find out he was only in Denver for 3 seasons. You are right though, HC McDaniel's was...woof...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bills declined Sammy Watkins' 5th year option

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/859484930782486529

woof

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Panthers still haven't picked up Kelvin's.

Probably because it weighs too much.

:thurman:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Meanwhile in Atlanta...

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/859406418990026752

Wanna pet that dog!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Takk continues to own and I wish he was on the Seahawks

I freakin' love him, he is going to be my next jersey.

In other news, he is going to suck so hard isn't he? :ohdear:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

gently caress no. He's the next Roddy-White of this franchise and I can't WAIT for all the Saints/Panthers goon tears :getin:

I sure hope so man and he does have that feel to him. :hfive:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Fenrir posted:

And he was somehow still their best option at corner.

That's because every game Dunta Robinson was on a mission to kill himself

Asante was very very good...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Warrick Dunn, Atlanta Falcon.

Joe Horn, Atlanta Falcon.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Every Atlanta Falcon cut player and coach, Tampa Bay Buccaneer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Alge Crumpler, New England Patriot

That's dirty pool you rear end in a top hat! :argh:

On a related note, Roddy was rumored to New England last year way early on and it would have absolutely killed me. Although if he got a ring it may have made the SB a little more palatable...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

You win the tight end game so goddamned much with Tony Gonzalez Atlanta Falcon that I'm kind of angry about you worrying about Alge Crumpler of all people.

Too soon for anything Falcons/Patriot related unless like Takk's dog chews off Brady's face or something. Plus Alge was my guy. I loved that overweight man :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I work in insurance.

The amount of people over 50 that have @aol.com email addresses is staggering

I saw a @hotmail.com the other day and chuckled.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I have a hotmail address

I'm chuckling at you

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

I have a hotmail address I use when signing up for online food orders and game companies lovely service like origin Ubisoft thing

This is a pro move

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

Second best Bears QB in my lifetime.

Yeah...it's not a real distinguished list for Da Bears...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

High football IQ is cashing out after the most undervalued part of your career before signing the second contract, aka the contract where players actually make money?

tbf he said football IQ not financial IQ :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Kyle Shanahan, 4th Quarter

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

This needs to happen. I want to hear Don't Care Bear Jay Buttler making GBS threads on everyone and everything on national TV.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/860155041361080322

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Dexo posted:

Cutler is exceptionally smart according to almost every person who has worked with him as far as preparation and learning the gameplan and new systems. His problem is actual execution.

He might actually be a good analyst when he doesn't have to answer for his often garbage in the moment decision making.

Not questioning his knowledge of the game, I have heard the same. Like Rondo is to basketball.

I just want to hear his dry, monotone self casually rip people for being stupid and not sugar coating a drat thing. Like, put him and Steve Smith together and just sit back and enjoy.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Nah, man, think about it.

McNabb was effective, talented, and successful.

He never realized his full potential, however, and that was partly to blame on not being accepted by white people.

He also puked everywhere on National TV during a football game, much like the Falcon's did in the 4th Quarter of the Super Bowl.

Checks out.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/MadDogRadio/status/860523001888034816

:getin:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/860592697538695168

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I thought the Jay Cutler love was dumb and quite frankly, really embarrassing in TFF

I freely admit I was wrong, and he loving rules.

Jay Cutler the man is awesome and cool and good. Jay Cutler the QB is poo poo.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Iodised QQ posted:

Already mentioned but he's much more of a prototypical trump loving white athlete douche than the laid back bro that most of tff likes to paint him as.

I also think he's going to try hard as a color commentator and wind up being quite bland! But on that front I hope I'm wrong because there's already way too many of those.

He is but it kinda is endearing at times

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Someone tell me when the healing begins :ohdear:

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

The statue at the new Falcon's stadium is pretty badass.

73,000lbs, largest bird statute in the world.

That thing is so badass looking and I have read that pictures just don't do it justice.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

The Falcons are bland as hell but this is pretty badass. Looks like a loving megazord.

Oh hey! An opinion from 6 years ago! :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

fsif posted:

Well, one year ago, really.

I'll give you two aka after the departure of one Mike Smith. :colbert:

They were pretty boring though, not going to lie. Hard Knocks was pretty...woof...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

gently caress the Falcons.

You had that game man.

:same:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I thought Kyle Shanahan was pretty rad until he stopped running the ball.

:same:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Julio can be cool sometimes.

Everyone else though ehhhh.

Did you even watch last season? Or are you just PTSD after that NFCCG?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Matt Ryan could turn into the next Mike Vick but I'll still never be able to not associate him with that weird middle aged dad fanfic thing from a few years ago.

Maybe if he showed off his fake wrestling belt after a cool play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

Couldn't hurt :shrug:

Fair enough.

I am just a little resentful that after so many years of having an actual boring team, now that we don't have one I need people to recognize it so I can feel accepted into the cool teams football community :smith:

• Locked thread