Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Maybe Rodgers is a volcel and you shouldn't project your homophobia onto him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SKULL.GIF posted:

This reminded me of this amazing photograph

beard so bushy she belongs on duck dynasty.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

whiteyfats posted:

In this long, dark offseason, I've been looking at random football stuff on Youtube, and found Justin Tuck telling a pretty decent story about Larry Allen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwbKTzqsq9s

This is amazing.

Tom Sellout posted:

Thanks for sharing this. My favorite Larry Allen moment was getting in the face of a scrub kicker at the end of this video https://youtu.be/VVhkb4kDN_U

Includes a mythical Drew Bledsoe rushing TD!

So is this.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Spintzel posted:

Wasn't he like the best kicker in college his whole time there? (Talking about Agouya not Foles)

His first two years he was genuinely amazing. He had more misses his final year, iirc, then the other two combined. He was a good college kicker and will go down as one of FSU's best, but at the same time, it was still just college kicking. Wider uprights and hash marks make the game completely different.

Here's his 3 years at FSU:
code:
Year 	School 		Conf 	Class 	G 	XPM 	XPA 	XP% 	FGM 	FGA 	FG% 	Pts 	
*2013	Florida State	ACC	FR	14	94	94	100.0	21	22	95.5	157	
*2014	Florida State	ACC	SO	14	55	55	100.0	27	30	90.0	136	
*2015	Florida State	ACC	JR	13	49	49	100.0	21	26	80.8	112	

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 19:14 on May 23, 2017

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Slowpoke! posted:

Don't hashes make it more difficult in college? You are kicking from a much wider angle, and in some situations closer to the goal line the angle can be really sharp.

The goalposts are wider to accommodate for the extremes, but in general, most kicking is done from similar positions to the NFL. There aren't a lot of kicks coming from inside the 10 out on one of the hashes. So essentially college kicking you end up with a little bit wider spots, but still kicking from far enough away that the angle doesn't really come into play. Aguayo would probably still been a solid kicker for the bucs if he had college goalposts to kick at. Instead he has to deal with narrower goalposts and has to kick higher due to bigger linemen/defender.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Grittybeard posted:

I'm probably the only person in the world who cares but I found when they changed, at least assuming this math teacher's page is correct (ok, not the best source but whatever)

I'd forgotten that the hashes used to be even wider in college ball.

Thanks for the correction and information!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It's jerry time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Wes Welker and I attended Texas Tech briefly at the same time so he'll always have a soft spot in my heart for that. Wes owns even if he played for the Pats.

• Locked thread