Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Cerrone talks a big game but he knows that Big John tells them all in the back that if they start having sex with their opponents it'll be a disqualification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Cerrone talks a big game but he knows that Big John tells them all in the back that if they start having sex with their opponents it'll be a disqualification

Actually under the current ruleset it's only a dq if it's to completion, but the rules against stalling still apply

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Big John: ( leafs through the rule book) well.. actually. . There's nothing in here that says you CANT have sex with your opponent.
Dana White: what about no small joint manipulation, no entering orifices, there's rules on coverage and allowable clothing... I don't see how that doesn't all specifically rule out sex.
Big John: (winking and making a shhhhh motion)

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Do you wanna be a loving fighter ???

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

To think, Julian Lane might finally be allowed to bang

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

"Cowboy wrecked that dude!"
"Yes we know, Atom, quit bringing it up."

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the six million dollar man sound effect plays as cowboy's anus is penetrated on fox

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Anyone specifically you want to face next?

I'll gently caress anyone the UFC puts in front of me, I just want to put on a show for the fans

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the six million dollar man sound effect plays as cowboy's anus is penetrated on fox

lmao

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/NateDiaz209/status/860248485836279813

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I know where I'm going this summer.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

By locals for locals from the look of it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol tight

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I'm coming here tonight because I want to gently caress... I want tooo... fight with Cowboy

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Is it wrong that I laugh my tiny little mind out whenever I see that clip of Jesse Taylor kicking out the limo window?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

This is so good for so many reasons.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Goofus wants 25mil to release his leonard garcia home videos.
Gallant's a big businessman in cali selling medicinal blunts and wine and he would never give people reason to call him gay.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Gallant gives Goofus the double fingers and calls him a bitch.
Goofus nods knowingly, out of breath.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Sacha Baron Cohen already demonstrated that getting it on with your boyfriend in the octagon is legal

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
You like watching people get hosed for free.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am really excited about Overeem vs Werdum even if it won't be as funny as the last time.

Sorry to interrupt.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012
Ufc put up JDS X Stipe 1

Jesus christ, the punch resistance of these two...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damAR771hok

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

MassRafTer posted:

I am really excited about Overeem vs Werdum even if it won't be as funny as the last time.

Sorry to interrupt.

I think Werdum has enough confidence in his striking now that he won't pull guard 600 times in this one.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

diesiel posted:

Ufc put up JDS X Stipe 1

Jesus christ, the punch resistance of these two...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damAR771hok

It is a really, really good fight. The sad thing was, at the time, Stipe was coming off that stupid fight with Maldonado, with the loss to Struve not that long beforehand, and very few good wins. JDS was coming off his second messianic beating from Cain, and the narrative was 'gently caress, JDS has lost a step' rather than 'holy gently caress both these guys are good and ridiculously tough.' In the way that good fighters do, they made each other look really average. In retrospect it's more clear that it's two members of the divisions upper tier taking a few years off each other's life.

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I think Werdum has enough confidence in his striking now that he won't pull guard 600 times in this one.

It's not like Overeem actually looked that good on the feet against him back in Strikeforce. Goddamn that was a weird fight.

Jerome Louis
Nov 5, 2002
p
College Slice
That wine billboard is like 5 min from my work. That whole mush-mouth Diaz thing is seriously a Central Valley California thing, it's not just a Diaz bros thing. It's really disturbing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I know a lot of mush mouth people who live in PA so it's more so a "low income area" thing.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I know a lot of mush mouth people who live in PA so it's more so a "low income area" thing.

If only they had the financial means to afford elocution lessons like the rest of us .. is society to blame ?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

I.N.R.I posted:

is society to blame ?

yes. you cannot be say anything that isn't retarded when you use the word motherfucker like a comma, and if you can, you're a dog doing a particularly good trick. a lion on a stool. a bear in a car.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

yes. you cannot be say anything that isn't retarded when you use the word motherfucker like a comma, and if you can, you're a dog doing a particularly good trick. a lion on a stool. a bear in a car.

A marching powder posting

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

A marching powder posting

what can i say. i love examples of how the sort of codified language of the lower socioeconomic classes positions a person when discussed from the perspective of the dominant ideology lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Yeah get that garbage the gently caress out of here.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
There is no circumstance where I will ever consider DJ Mikey B a good fighter. It probably has something to do with the fact that I haven't watched a UFC fight in 2-3 years, but Not Watching Fights is both an acceptable and old-timey base for successful MMA posting.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Bisping's title reign and run leading up to it is interesting as there are a lot of good fights involved but every single one has an asterisk next to it that dorks like us can justifiably use to argue whether his reign is "legit" or not either way. He is on a short list of people who have beaten Anderson Silva, but this is an old Silva who is clearly past his prime. Manyak is right that Silva is only slightly older than Bisping and they've been fighting for about as long so there theoretically isn't some massive gap in age or fight years that would give Bisping an advantage, but Bisping's style ages better than Anderson's does and Anderson was obviously past his prime at that point and still managed to almost knock Bisping out.

The Rockhold fight is easily his best win in recent years and it was a big deal, and you can't take anything away from him in that he was able to adjust his gameplan and do what he needed to to decisively finish a guy who kicked his rear end shortly before, but that fight also technically happened under the best possible circumstances for Bisping I'd say in that he was a late notice replacement for someone with a completely different style and I think that favors Bisping. I think the narrative that Rockhold didn't take it seriously and was just joshin' or whatever is stupid but there's still an element of circumstance that makes it easy to say Bisping got a favorable draw and Rockhold would probably still beat him with adequate preparation for Bisping instead of Weidman or Jacare.

Then the Hendo fight is just plain bad, he got to cherry pick his defense since there was a narrative for it that would sell PPVs, Hendo was like 46 and almost knocked him out like 3 times despite having the sinuses of a pug. And now it's looking like he's going to fight a welterweight on two years layoff with multiple ACL surgeries while real contenders in his weight class twiddle their thumbs.

Bisping is on the first win streak of his career in like 5 years and his best wins prior to this streak are like Brian Stann and Cung Le, decent names but nothing to build a legacy on independently. Otherwise his career is full of losses to decent people and wins or gift decisions over nobodies, some of whom he had to cheat to beat. It's real weird and you can conceivably call it the greatest Cinderella story in all of mma or a weird series of flukes just depending on how you look at it and what you value in a fight career I guess.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

This seems like a very odd thing for a fight promoter to say

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/860464220261023744

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

All of that and they end the article with be more like DMMMMJ? A guy who makes basically nothing and has fought on Fightpass cards and is the lowest drawing champion? Don't get me wrong, I love watching him fight but it's not like Dana White is jumping up and down to give him millions either.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Bluedeanie posted:

Bisping's title reign and run leading up to it is interesting as there are a lot of good fights involved but every single one has an asterisk next to it that dorks like us can justifiably use to argue whether his reign is "legit" or not either way. He is on a short list of people who have beaten Anderson Silva, but this is an old Silva who is clearly past his prime. Manyak is right that Silva is only slightly older than Bisping and they've been fighting for about as long so there theoretically isn't some massive gap in age or fight years that would give Bisping an advantage, but Bisping's style ages better than Anderson's does and Anderson was obviously past his prime at that point and still managed to almost knock Bisping out.

The Rockhold fight is easily his best win in recent years and it was a big deal, and you can't take anything away from him in that he was able to adjust his gameplan and do what he needed to to decisively finish a guy who kicked his rear end shortly before, but that fight also technically happened under the best possible circumstances for Bisping I'd say in that he was a late notice replacement for someone with a completely different style and I think that favors Bisping. I think the narrative that Rockhold didn't take it seriously and was just joshin' or whatever is stupid but there's still an element of circumstance that makes it easy to say Bisping got a favorable draw and Rockhold would probably still beat him with adequate preparation for Bisping instead of Weidman or Jacare.

Then the Hendo fight is just plain bad, he got to cherry pick his defense since there was a narrative for it that would sell PPVs, Hendo was like 46 and almost knocked him out like 3 times despite having the sinuses of a pug. And now it's looking like he's going to fight a welterweight on two years layoff with multiple ACL surgeries while real contenders in his weight class twiddle their thumbs.

Bisping is on the first win streak of his career in like 5 years and his best wins prior to this streak are like Brian Stann and Cung Le, decent names but nothing to build a legacy on independently. Otherwise his career is full of losses to decent people and wins or gift decisions over nobodies, some of whom he had to cheat to beat. It's real weird and you can conceivably call it the greatest Cinderella story in all of mma or a weird series of flukes just depending on how you look at it and what you value in a fight career I guess.

The Comedy of Era

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

what can i say. i love examples of how the sort of codified language of the lower socioeconomic classes positions a person when discussed from the perspective of the dominant ideology lol

*BRITISH NARRATOR VOICE*

Free from societal norms and expectations, Nate Diaz is able to mangle the English language into new and unrecognizable shapes that, to some people, appear quite beautiful.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 5, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rigel posted:

This seems like a very odd thing for a fight promoter to say

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/860464220261023744

They're setting up a Vince vs Steve Austin thing here, with the Diaz brothers in the Steve Austin role.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The Diaz brothers don't need to fight they have that wine billboard money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

The Diaz brothers seem like the type of people who microwave their wine.

• Locked thread