Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

DirtRoadJunglist posted:

I have to check for the tattoo to know which one is which sometimes.

Just think of Bisping as the little one with the gimpy eye. Do it in a WC Fields voice. See?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

A joke learned in a toilet store no doubt.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Didn't loving Mayhem have him briefly rocked in their fight with a right hand?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

InfiniteZero posted:

Not really. He connected a few times in the first. In the second and third rounds, when he was completely gassed, Mayhem tried the "I can't really do anything oh well, hopefully I won't die" strategy which worked physically but not for his career.

Also I just want to check if we're at the "he was always bad" stage for Bisping yet.

"Has a penchant for walking into right hands" is more a technical criticism than a "ROFL HE WAS ALWAYS BAD!" kind of observation.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Well her last loss in the UFC was her third in a row and was to someone without a Wikipedia page so...

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Bisping's title reign and run leading up to it is interesting as there are a lot of good fights involved but every single one has an asterisk next to it that dorks like us can justifiably use to argue whether his reign is "legit" or not either way. He is on a short list of people who have beaten Anderson Silva, but this is an old Silva who is clearly past his prime. Manyak is right that Silva is only slightly older than Bisping and they've been fighting for about as long so there theoretically isn't some massive gap in age or fight years that would give Bisping an advantage, but Bisping's style ages better than Anderson's does and Anderson was obviously past his prime at that point and still managed to almost knock Bisping out.

The Rockhold fight is easily his best win in recent years and it was a big deal, and you can't take anything away from him in that he was able to adjust his gameplan and do what he needed to to decisively finish a guy who kicked his rear end shortly before, but that fight also technically happened under the best possible circumstances for Bisping I'd say in that he was a late notice replacement for someone with a completely different style and I think that favors Bisping. I think the narrative that Rockhold didn't take it seriously and was just joshin' or whatever is stupid but there's still an element of circumstance that makes it easy to say Bisping got a favorable draw and Rockhold would probably still beat him with adequate preparation for Bisping instead of Weidman or Jacare.

Then the Hendo fight is just plain bad, he got to cherry pick his defense since there was a narrative for it that would sell PPVs, Hendo was like 46 and almost knocked him out like 3 times despite having the sinuses of a pug. And now it's looking like he's going to fight a welterweight on two years layoff with multiple ACL surgeries while real contenders in his weight class twiddle their thumbs.

Bisping is on the first win streak of his career in like 5 years and his best wins prior to this streak are like Brian Stann and Cung Le, decent names but nothing to build a legacy on independently. Otherwise his career is full of losses to decent people and wins or gift decisions over nobodies, some of whom he had to cheat to beat. It's real weird and you can conceivably call it the greatest Cinderella story in all of mma or a weird series of flukes just depending on how you look at it and what you value in a fight career I guess.

The Comedy of Era

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The Diaz brothers seem like the type of people who microwave their wine.

Is this a type of person? My brother in law does this and it irks me.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Speaking of white whine, Iaquinta is asking to be cut apparently.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Did anybody else expect this to turn into that scene from Airplane?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

Rumors that UFC signed Gokhan Saki. Crazy

Well it goes without saying he'll throw a much better punch than CM "Phil Brooks" Punk before getting taken down and immediately submitted by some BJJ brown belt we've never heard of.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

But what if it turns out Bisping's style is tailor made for avoiding Big LEFT Hands?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I just don't understand how biologists being able to travel internationally has any bearing on the purity of Penne pee.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

Which favorite cusses of yours did I miss that I should go back and add?

https://streamable.com/zzjx9

"I want to gently caress... Fight Chuck! gently caress Chuck!"

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

TheCool69 posted:

Yoshida vs Thompson may have been the closest one

Pretty sure Vovchanchyn/Inoue has that one beat. You could tell Enson's brain was swelling by looking at his head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Once at thanksgiving, much to the amusement of myself and the rest of present family, my 4 year old cousin yelled "Why do I get in trouble for every bad thing I do?" When his mother was getting on to him for being wild.

Cyborg finds herself thinking the same thing, but no one is amused.

• Locked thread