Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It always fucks me up how good Stipe is. If he isn't already then assuming he gets past JDS he'll have to be considered one of the greatest heavyweights ever. Add on the likely future fights vs Velazquez, Werdum. If he doesn't hit a bad streak of health issues the guy seems like he's got quite a few years in him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Tezcatlipoca posted:

He also gets dropped every fight so I could see him getting knocked out by any of the other heavyweights and never contending again.

While that's true he has been showing crazy power and accuracy light on his feet and not a lot of guys at hw have to think about that a lot. A guy like Derrick Lewis (<3) wouldn't have anything for him.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I rate Stipe so high because of how weirdly plain his dominance is. He doesn't give me that Cain thing that you mentioned, but when I look back on his fights they always impress me even more than they did initially. He's never going to be as exciting as a Silva matrix move reel or have that Brock Lesnar bulldozer appeal, his skills are subtle and a little hard to pin down. And don't get me wrong I'm anything but a Stipe fart huffer, I was dying for Reem to destroy him. After that fight I revisited some of his older ones and came away thinking he's going to be good for a while. At worst he'll likely age into a strongdad who brutally KOs a mid level hw once a year.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

IMO once Bisping defeats the one exact mythical challenger who I believe could never lose to him, then he will be a good fighter.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm pretty sure Bourdain is good friends with the Diaz bros. He has been training BJJ for a while now.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lid posted:

Barry Bonds?

Hilariously enough this is exactly who Romero is.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fat Twitter Man posted:

To this day that's the most gruesome KO I can remember seeing. I have no idea how Goes ever managed to walk again

Coleman is/was so loving awesome

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

El Roncho posted:

Speaking of white whine, Iaquinta is asking to be cut apparently.

God I hate him more every time I see anything about him. I hope he fucks off to Bellator soon so I never have to hear him speak again.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I buy wine every once in a while and quickly realize it's gross unless it's cheap cold sweet wine and go back to whiskey and vodka.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fat Twitter Man posted:

this is how every korean in the ufc actually fights

nice

Is there actually any science behind "training your chin"? The only thing I can imagine is gaining the mental toughness to not be afraid and panic when you're rattled but it's not like a training partner is going to go in for the kill like a real opponent would so it's bunk.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Chillanese posted:

e; On the first embedded, Stipe picked up a rabbit trap and said it looked like a sex toy. He's the perfect guy to replace Tim Sylvia.

He also said he wanted a metal detector because he saw Peter buying one on Family Guy. Stipe owns.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

TheRationalRedditor posted:

jon jones could be the least suitable person possible to lecture anyone about fleeing in cowardice to avoid facing consequences

It's so loving funny too, he's the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

attackmole posted:

Gus has literally been to prison for beating the poo poo out of people when he was a teenager.

Yet I still trust him to be a more moral person than Jon Jones, somehow.

The contrast between them is wonderful. Gus was a shithead who had a good chance of ending up dead or in jail and turned that around into being a great respected fighter. Jones is a freak athlete who plugged into MMA near flawlessly but has the mental consistency and attitude of a totally nice rich boy born again christian stereotype.

I don't know what I would rather see. D.C. wrestlefuck him or grab a submission or Gus KO him. He's the best heel but not in the fun way.

• Locked thread