Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Jerusalem posted:

It was real good but I think Aldo came out ahead, he took his shots but he always seemed to have the upper hand as far as I could tell..

Watching the rematch now and I'm actually pretty sure I watched this show before since I remember the controversy over Silva coming in as a late replacement and Cormier getting booed for not going hard out against him, but I don't actually remember this fight.

yeah that's reasonable.

you probably did watch the rematch but it was considered tedious by people who didn't have context. hope you find it more enjoyable the next time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
just like the underdog look like he's winning when he's simply being competitive, ufc 200 poo poo the bed despite it having miller killing gomi, lauzon burying diego, sage not tapping to an armbar and winning, tj schooling assuncao, kelvin schooling johny, cain spin kicking brown and collapsing that stupid idiot, and frankie / aldo II.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Memento posted:

Yeah it was their "biggest show ever", and of the three cards that weekend, it was the third best.

then that was a good weekend. 200 wasn't half bad.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that second one should have taken his head off. conor hits quite hard huh?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

are they going to push the Literal Female Mutant as their next star champion w/support from Fightland

that was their plan all along?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Maia taking gunnar to school was so sick.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i still heavily rate edgar p4p. he's a bantamweight. a guy who wouldn't have to fight half as hard to get to 135 than aldo would to get to 145. what he's accomplished is pretty much staggering.

put jose and conor at ww and mm to fw and edgar looks crazy impressive.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

To sound like Joe Rogan for a moment, "If you had to design the perfect fighter to beat Frankie Edgar it'd be Jose Aldo". Styles make fights and everything Aldo loves doing is great again what Frankie loves doing.

pretty much. oh and jose is like 8th on the all-time tdd list, but the times he was actually taken down he pops right back up. they shouldn't even count they're so worthless.

i think edgar held him down for like 20 or 30 seconds once. i think. man he's good.

that said though i think holloway will give him problems. an unorthodox, young, hungry striker seems like a guy who could make jose work. keen as heck.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

DeimosRising posted:

Aldo's like 5'7 he's not a gigantic featherweight.

mark hunt is 3 inches taller than aldo.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

being on par with bj leaves you inside the top 5 p4p goat talks imo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

50/50 is fair at this stage, imo. floyd / berto did gently caress all. conor and nathan for no title did like a quarter of floyd / pac.

also read earlier in the week that pac offered to fight conor after he fucks up horn in australia. that could be interesting, negotiations wise, as conor / pac is nearly as big of a fight and it would actually be a way more thrilling and entertaining ppv. and pac would definitely take 50/50, maybe less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

true

• Locked thread