Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

El Roncho posted:

Didn't loving Mayhem have him briefly rocked in their fight with a right hand?

iirc he hit him with some wild right hands without ever hurting him because it's mayhem and bisping has a good chin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
iirc yoel has no idea how old he actually is because he was born in a little cuban village, he could be even older.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
when hirota started wrapping his hands he went from winning decisions to having his next six wins come by tko stoppage

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
iirc he was confused by the notion that you wouldn't punch as hard as you could all the time

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
which in the context of the time he was fighting makes a lot of sense because being good at mma meant having really good offense and hitting hard, i'm pretty sure there was no point to him throwing with less than 100% power in most of his fights

e: i'm obviously not saying that there's no point to doing that. but it didn't really impact quarry much because of how, and who, he fought.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bundt Cake posted:

he fought some guys who knew how to strike. rivera and franklin

oh yeah and they loving killed him but i don't think the fact that quarry threw everything hard changed those fights at all. they were just way better. i'm not saying everyone sucked just that quarry probably had the best career he could have had.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bundt Cake posted:

agree. he was a bit of an older guy too i think

i watched the quarry/franklin fight not too long ago and it seems so incredibly unfair. nate has zero chance. but apparently he was 3-0 with only first round knockouts so i guess franklin was just really really good.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
the special is straight fire in the sense that norm macdonald is straight, and wants to set fire to marginalized groups in america.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i was going to argue that bisping could beat jacare if he could dodge the right hand for five rounds but then i remember the hendo fight

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Lid posted:

All three judges score the fight 48-47

yeah but he couldn't avoid the most predictable weapon in the ufc for a single round lol

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think jds will beat that francis guy. he's still really good. just not elite. whereas knocking out arlovski puts francis in the esteemed company of brett rogers.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Mr. Nice! posted:

Have you watched any of Ngannou's fights? He would beat Brett Rogers worse than Overeem did.

He didn't just KO Arlovski. He's destroyed everyone he's fought.

the last time jds fought someone on arlovski's level was uhh 2010, roy nelson when he was undefeated in the ufc. the last time he fought someone on the level of ngannou's other opponents was before the ufc (or i guess yvel if you want to be really generous).

ngannou might be really good but he's fought one good fighter who is notorious for his awful chin and had lost three in a row. and jds has fought the best fighters in the division for like seven years.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
i think probably aldo will shut holloway down for a 50-45 or 49-46 but there'll be a lot of cool moments along the way

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Bundt Cake posted:

no way , max has cardio to pressure him and is extremely tough

i hope you're right, holloway is awesome. aldo just has a way of completely shutting down guys who are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
mods please change keven's name to high tier senior regular

• Locked thread