Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

I.N.R.I posted:

UFC Fight Night 69

Liar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I need to find it, but I cut together a video of Bisping getting caught by right hands due to circling to the left.

I know Kang and Rivera clipped him, in addition to Hendo

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

I need to find it, but I cut together a video of Bisping getting caught by right hands due to circling to the left.

I know Kang and Rivera clipped him, in addition to Hendo

here we go

https://streamable.com/z3d8

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

In case anyone cares (y'all don't), but here's how old each division is, on average, based on the champ +top 15 ranking setup UFC offers:

Middleweight - 34.375
Heavyweight - 34.125
Light Heavyweight - 32.9375
Welterweight - 32.3125
Women's bantamweight - 31.1875
Lightweight - 30.4375
Bantamweight - 30.375
Featherweight - 29.25
Strawweight - 28.625
Flyweight - 28.4375

Strawweight and flywweight both have 4 fighters that are 25 or younger. The remaining 8 divisions have 7 fighters 25 or younger combined. Straw and fly have 0 people older than 35 (Straw has 34-year old Jessica Aguilar and fly has 33 year old John Moraga). Not only does every other division have people 35+, there are 32, which is enough to fill 2 divisions with Olds.

Despite Dan Hendo's desiccated husk not dragging middleweight down, it's still old as gently caress. There are 3 guys 40 or older (Yoel, Anderson, Vitor) and just 3 30 or under (Bobby Knux, Krzy Jotko and Smile'N Sam).

Heavyweight has 1 dude past 40, the beloved Mark Hunt. and 3 guys 30 or younger - Francis Ngannou, Alex Volkov and Stefan Struve.

Light heavyweight benefits from fictional characters that were invented in the past 3 - 5 years, but Lil Nog, Cormier, Glover, Manuwa, Durkin Donuts and the concept of Shogun's Knees are really dragging the division down into a bog of decrepitude

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

40 year old Hendo, who beat Feijao, would beat allegedly 40 year old Romero (who lost to Feijao at allegedly 34)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

isnt that just to strengthen their neck because supposedly neck strength contributes to the ability to take a punch?

this didn't help ellenberger

https://www.instagram.com/p/BNJEYVHBSKm/

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

I think half the people here could be better striking coaches than most pro-fighters have, but so would a speak and spell shouting "punch the face!

"Stand up"

"Score points"

"Knock him out"

the sum total of all the knowledge Rampage gave to his fighters across 2 seasons of TUF.

Note: "how you gonna get the moon off you?", while an interesting thought experiment, doesn't actually contain any knowledge that can be imparted upon a fighter

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I have actually got a fighter to throw strikes I'm calling out so obviously I would be a great cornerperson.

you got it, coach

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Novum posted:

I kind of never want any HW champ to successfully defend more than twice

h*ck, samesies

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I bet Cody's team won't even get a dick-riddled celebration cake at the end of this season.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I wanna see him wearing every one of them as some sort of belt armor.

i don't know if his crafting skills are high enough

he might have to spend a few months killing pitbulls in the woods just to grind a few more levels

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Cejudo/Pettis looks to be off

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/862453197490847749

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Choi vs Fili at UFC 214 in Anaheim on deck

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/the-korean-superboy-doo-ho-choi-faces-andre-fili-at-ufc-214-051017

Edit:

Never mind that poo poo, we got Tim Elliott vs Benny Ngyuen!

http://www.ufc.com/news/Elliott-replaces-injured-Benavidez-against-Nguyen

LobsterMobster fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 11, 2017

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Well, at least everyone's time got thoroughly wasted

https://twitter.com/MikeBohnMMA/status/862514472560324608

Mike Bohn posted:

UFC President Dana White tells FOX Sports in Australia that plans for Bisping vs. GSP are OFF. @YoelRomeroMMA gets the next title shot.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Chas Skelly, who hilariously killed Maximo Blanco in 20 seconds and Jason "Hick Diaz" Knight are probably gonna have a fuckin rad grapplefight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Someone has to decide when the fight is over

yeah, his name is Shao Khan

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Hey lobster you making the gdt or should we call it open season?

I did a thing, eehhhhh

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3820343

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

The Stipe that walked out to that ring seemed fundamentally different but who knows. Didn't know if he was a doofus, because they can replicate that killer look if they are lucky. He made me a fan last night.

Does Rose have any chance in the next two years against Joanna? I like her skill set but not her experience level. I hope the fight doesn't happen soon.

I really like Rose, but I'm trying to be realistic about this:

- she's got decent subs, and his sometimes sneaky with them, but Joanna isn't likely to get all scrambley with her if it hits the ground, and Joanna is really good at getting up off of takedowns

- her kickboxing is ok, and she's got some decent pop to her kicks, but Joanna is much better, not to mention that Rose freezes up a lot or just implements bad gameplans.

Clearest path to victory: hail mary sub, I guess

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nierbo posted:

Woodley would flatten maia. Does anyone think Maias single is really that good?

His lateral drop is pretty good.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Based off typical "losers vs losers" matchmaking, I'd be down with any of the following for Yair:

Jeremy Stephens
Mirsad Bektic
Chas Skelly

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I want to see Edgar at 135 just to see what it looks like when he has a size advantage.

More like a size equivalency. He's taller than like, Lineker, Assuncao and Jimmie Rivera, but their reach is about the same. TJ's roughly the same size. Dom is taller, so is Cody, but Cody has stumpier arms.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Which favorite cusses of yours did I miss that I should go back and add?

https://streamable.com/zzjx9

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Compilation of Derrick Lewis saying "that was some bullshit" after his terrible fight against Shamil Abdurakhimov

I did make this a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Se0dv0AyJM

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Cody's got his team shoving condoms up their noses on TUF

Just fyi

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Tim Sylvia just owned Magana. Christ

https://twitter.com/SecretMovesMMA/status/867143017987280896

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Trast posted:

Cat's going to make a man out of our pretty boy. :3:

She's got her own tiny son to take care of

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Unfunny Poster posted:

Caught up on TUF before this week's episode.

I really hope Garbrandt loses all the preliminary rounds. It's hilarious he's lost this many so far.

if only he picked his team based on good fighters instead of "uhh, he's from Ohio, I'll take him"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I liked Justin Buttholez asking Ludwig about the Championship Pedigree at his gym, as if the whole joke about TAM was to be perpetual runners up before Duane got there to teach them "punch #1"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Nunes whomped Miesha, so 200 was p neat

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Memento posted:

Yeah it was their "biggest show ever", and of the three cards that weekend, it was the third best.

the sioux falls card the next weekend was like 900% better

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

max has 80 inches of reach on frankie and is 6 feet taller

Frankie is allegedly 5'6 with a 68" wingspan and 37" leg length

Holloway is 5'11, 69" wingspan and 42" leg

Aldo is 5'7, 70" wingspan and 40" leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

threeagainstfour posted:

I think of all the fights coming up this summer, aside from the insanely sick Holloway Aldo match up on Saturday, I'm most excited for the pain golem Justin Gaethje's debut.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/5/2...-next-10-fights

I love Gaethje, hope he does well

or at least goes out there and collects reward bonuses

• Locked thread