Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

MassRafTer posted:

I am really excited about Overeem vs Werdum even if it won't be as funny as the last time.

Sorry to interrupt.

I think Werdum has enough confidence in his striking now that he won't pull guard 600 times in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah. Him losing was cool. Him slowly having his face broken for 25 minutes (he still couldn't fly 6 months later) got a little hard to watch. That poo poo should have been stopped before the end of the second round.

It wasn't even slow, Koscheck said GSP's jab broke his orbital like two minutes into the fight and he had to go the distance with the injury. He was never the same after that either.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I would yell "spinning back kick" at Cung Le from the crowd and then he'd actually do it

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Cejudo injured his hand. David Branch vs. Kryzyzskszykszytof Jotko is on the main card now.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Skip My Posts posted:

that's interesting, can you pop someone if you never actually find it in their system just based on those changes?

Her sample was initially deemed to be negative but they noticed an irregularity on the biological passport that indicated to them that they should test the sample further, and then they detected a banned substance.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Yeah, he was threatening to retire if he didn't get an interim title fight against Yoel and Dana basically responded with go ahead and retire then, and now Yoel is fighting Bisping so that wasn't going to happen anyway

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
All joking aside, this was the toughest fight of GSP's career, can you blame him if he flaked out?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Bubba Smith posted:

Didn't Bisping give a savage beating to Dennis Kang? I mean, as far as british beatings go

He beat up Kang with double legs and ground and pound in the second round, but before that he handily lost the first round when he was dropped by a right hand and controlled on the ground, even giving up mount.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Woodley said he would fight Maia, but only if the fights he really wants against Nick Diaz or GSP don't materialize

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

willie_dee posted:

How more people can't have this attitude about the mental health of posters and how serious some posts are is beyond me.

It's a loving comedy forum.

He posts a lot himself about how messed up his health is and whatever, so maybe he shouldn't be constantly bringing it up if he doesn't want comments on it

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

LobsterMobster posted:

Which favorite cusses of yours did I miss that I should go back and add?

https://streamable.com/zzjx9

Compilation of Derrick Lewis saying "that was some bullshit" after his terrible fight against Shamil Abdurakhimov

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Germaine de Randamie cleans out the women's featherweight division by not fighting until Cyborg did something stupid again

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Here's Magana's instagram post with the Saw puppet.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTbhahclA8N/

If this results in Cyborg being banished to Rizin freakshows then Angela Magana has my full support.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Work Friend Keven posted:

Uh do you mean her therapeutic drugs for which she has received an exemption? This is exactly the kind of bulling being talked about.

Probably that time when she got caught taking stanozolol and was suspended for a year.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
How badly did the let me bang bro guy lose on TUF this time

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Gay Horney posted:

Is there a ufc this weekend?

There's a UFC fight night in Sweden on Sunday.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The only one of those I really remember was from the Carwin-Nelson season where the challenge was designed specifically to humiliate Roy by having him compete in track and field events

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I think JDS vs. Ngannou is a pretty good match up, everybody is pointing out that Ngannou has only beaten up scrubs and chinny old Arlovski but you'll never find out if he can do more than just beat up scrubs if you don't eventually put him in there against proven fighters.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

I.N.R.I posted:

aldo is my favourite fighter. it would be a shame if he never got a chance to fight conor again whatever the result might be

I think the only way it ever happens is if Aldo moves up to lightweight, which has been on the table at various points. Conor is never fighting at featherweight again for sure. It'll even be a long time before he fights in the UFC period again.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
There will probably never be a worse UFC champion than Germaine de Randamie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Detroit_Dogg posted:

As long as Aldo doesn't face the man who made him look like a collar from Mad Men he is unbeatable and the best fighter in the world, except for when he's not.

You made somebody mad in the NFL forum

• Locked thread