Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Gay Horney posted:

i would rather have a male 115 pound division than a female 125 pound division. how many lightweights are there on the roster? over a hundred I'm pretty sure. how many female 125ers? you can't name more than six right now.

Can you name more than six adult male 115ers right now, on earth?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
They'd never give up racing trained horses to become a trained horse in another sport. Maybe at least six of the hundred lightweights can make their way four weight classes down to 115.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Goofus wants 25mil to release his leonard garcia home videos.
Gallant's a big businessman in cali selling medicinal blunts and wine and he would never give people reason to call him gay.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Gallant gives Goofus the double fingers and calls him a bitch.
Goofus nods knowingly, out of breath.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Is this called milling? I saw some army guys milling and I had no idea what I was seeing, but it looked like this.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
The army guys were playing face punchies too, but they called it milling and acted like it was a sport or something. I'll believe you on what the word milling means though.

e; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR2ZARY6SoE

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 7, 2017

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

CommonShore posted:

Milling is rolling the hands around a bit before throwing a punch as a way of getting the opponent to overreact and produce an opening. What you're seeing is called "face punching."

I looked into it a little bit and it seems to be an old-timey boxing trick that people stopped using after the bare knuckle days were over.
It's not as obvious to me in the Conor gif as it is in some of the old pics and footage I've been looking at, but I do see it.
Conor seems like a real student of fighting. It wouldn't surprise me if he took some tips from the bare knuckle days, since MMA gloves are pretty much bare knuckle anyway.
I remember it being talked about years ago when Boetsch beat Okami with his weird clinch uppercuts. It came from the early days of clinch-fighting in boxing.
That was a good lesson for the day, and now I think military face-punching class needs a new name. Thanks

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
I guess I'll have to look for it and pay more attention.
I know I haven't seen any popeye-level milling like people apparently used to do though.

e; yes i have. machida before he did the crane kick, and probably anderson several times.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Now that I'm thinking about it, Conor seems to always use a more active extended guard, and the classic "why I oughta.." stance.
It seems like the only people I've seen mill are more offensive/counter striker types.
It's just feinting, really. I did read some speculation on milling being used to retreat defensively though.
It was compared to wing chun hand trapping.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Post some milling or blow me dick

I know about feinting, but the old popeye style of milling is definitely a lost art, or at least very out of style.

e; content for new page: face-punchy chin training has the same name as how popeye fights.
I literally view conor as popeye now.

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 16:01 on May 7, 2017

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Tell that to all these para troopers who before this could only throw endless 1-2s when they weren't getting punched in the face at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcn_eSMLbg

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
I personally expect the Korean woman to be Built Army Tough when she gets in the cage.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Oh no, I didn't know that knockout could get any sadder or any more darkly funny.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Lid posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT7euv7Fda6/

Move to change Joanna's nickname to Boom Boom

Are they saying boo or Boom?

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Krzysztof Jotko Vegeta is cool.
Yair can establish himself in the rankings win or lose vs Frankie, and Joanna is going to lose.
Demian Maia is cool too.

e; On the first embedded, Stipe picked up a rabbit trap and said it looked like a sex toy. He's the perfect guy to replace Tim Sylvia.

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 03:59 on May 12, 2017

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Memento posted:

You think? What does Andrade have that Gadelha didn't?

I don't think she needs anything extra. I think it'll just be an underdog looking good.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
You have to give guys like Vitor and Dan Henderson credit for still fighting in the USADA era.
They openly have ball problems and only fight without TUEs for the sake of tiny-balled pride, and to honour the memory of their ballsack's former glory.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

coconono posted:

so basically pay fighters a lot money to do a fuckton of steroids and frequent heart transplants.

Do a mandatory seminar on supplements, focusing on ball enhancement. Traditionally, PEDs tend to harm your balls instead of protecting them and enhancing them.
You need to paint a picture for them of a future where they fight with better balls thanks to science. It could be a world of freak athletes with super balls.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Skip My Posts posted:

can sean shelby and 2 mongoloid lookin dudes stop dc and jon jones from brawling?

I had to check the video to see this for myself. Where did they get their security... the ballsack store? They're all scrotumheaded idiots hahaha

e; the guy handling jones is at least a professional ballsack. the other two guys look like they were wearing those shirts before they got hired.

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 23:42 on May 12, 2017

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
There's too many lightweights because there's way more than six of them. Some of these lightweights like TJ Dillashaw should cut to 115.
Anything's better than adding w125, because you can't even name more than six of those.

e; to further clarify, there are a lot of advantages to creating a new divisional ladder and the only disadvantages that i can see involve women fighting at 125 in the UFC

Chillanese fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 13, 2017

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

...and the pitch! posted:

Was it a literal butler?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvjNLnkbNBE

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Joanna's much better at keeping range than I knew, and Jessica is much worse and smaller than I knew, even for 115.
The brute force wrestling was sad. Joanna got lifted up and slammed, right on her feet. ouch

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Captain Log posted:

Is Stipe some kind of secret confirmed serial killer or just a big fireman with confidence?

He's just a Brock Lesnar style manlyman. He's pretty much a less pathetic Tim Sylvia. He'd have fun hanging out with Matt Hughes instead of getting bullied by him.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Born in NZ but he grew up in Australia, since he was 2 or something

ah, that explains it

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

FishBowlRobot posted:

Looks like Joe Silva's going into the Hall of Fame this year.

http://www.ufc.com/news/former-matchmaker-joe-silva-gets-2017-ufc-hall-of-fame-nod-051317

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
From what I remember, she repeatedly kicked a guy in the balls while all of that was happening.

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Here's a really bad article that I'm only linking to because the url's funny.

http://www.cagepotato.com/nasty-testicle-obliterating-details-emerge-from-julianna-penas-barroom-brawl-arrest/

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

I'd consider it an epic win if my internet post made someone so mad they punched me in the face and went to prison.

I don't think you're meant to do your internet posts in person while wearing your uniform when someone's not even under arrest though.
On topic: uh, #YourQueen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillanese
Mar 30, 2010
Mighty Mouse is apparently the greatest of all time.
It's a shame that Ian McCall had to find out the hard way that Australia is a lovely country that sucks.
It's also a shame that he can't get himself together enough to still get credit for that mighty mouse fight.

• Locked thread