Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Bundt Cake posted:

bisping only circled 1 direction the majority of his career.
So do most people?

It's generally safer to move away from someone's power hand, and since most fighters are orthodox, they spend most of their careers circling one direction by default.

This is an especially weird thing to pick up on, because one time Bisping did decide to mix it up and circle the other way was against Hendo... and he walked straight into a right hand for his trouble and spent the rest of the evening moonlighting as an amateur astronomer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

big money big clit posted:

He spent most of his career circling to his left, into the power hands of orthodox fighters.
LOL, okay that's fair enough.

In that case I still don't think "spent most of his career circling only one direction" is a valid criticism of his style though... it wouldn't be a problem if it weren't the wrong direction. :mmmhmm:

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 17:40 on May 2, 2017

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

1st AD posted:

jon jones has been defeated by matt hamill, a pregnant driver, and a telephone pole.
Should've circled right.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Is it wrong that I laugh my tiny little mind out whenever I see that clip of Jesse Taylor kicking out the limo window?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Training your "chin" by getting punched is like training not to get knocked over by running in front of a car.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

You can't train your chin. Milling is used by the paras to train aggression under duress (they get penalised for acting defensively), and "build character".

It's not a martial art, it's a hazing.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

There are ways to do that without getting a concussion, it's called a panic drill.

I used to train at an ABA club in a shithole seaside town, it wasn't exactly a ballet school. I'd walk out of any place that did "milling" laughing my rear end off, it's loving retarded.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

david carmichael posted:

It seems that you have gotten conversations melded and have confused milling (feinting with your hands) with letting someone punch you
The reason milling (as in feinting) was brought up was because milling (as in "letting someone punch you") was brought up first.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'm finding it very hard to take any of this seriously because I keep reading Magana as mangina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

big money big clit posted:

some of the shots he took from Stephens were nuts.
What's that got to do with his chin?

• Locked thread