Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Snowman_McK posted:

Now I want Cody Garbrandt to get interviewed by Salman Rushdie. I can't imagine it'll be any less weird.

"No disrespect but I heard someone declare that you have a fatwad and I'm going to eat it up."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Maia's takedowns are really good because he switches between bjj and wrestling techniques/positions really fluidly. Usually when someone shoots and gets sprawled out into half guard that means the takedown was defended well. With Maia you're in just as much danger from a position that usually means you're safe.

He's like quicksand once he gets ahold of a leg. My favorite part of the Masvidal fight was when Gamebred stuffed a shot but Maia immediately pulled halfguard and was on top within a few seconds and it prompted DC's argument against the takedown statistics. The only way to really defend a Maia takedown at this point is to not let him touch you at all once he's decided to close the distance.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The Duck of Death posted:

Lewis's takedowns aren't great but he might have the most devastating ground and pound in the sport currently. If he ends up on top of anyone, the fight is over. Hunt can definitely knock him out if it stays standing.

Then again, Stipe is right up there in terms of brutal GnP and it took him five rounds (really three) to finish Hunt.

Hunt's takedown defense is much better than it used to be and I can't see Lewis relying on a wrestling heavy gameplan anyways. Black Beast about to be up in that ho(spital).

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Aldo is compact and muscular, like corned beef. There's a reason he's almost killed himself every other fight to make 145.

If there is one UFC fighter that is composed of mostly corned beef, it is Mark Hunt.

• Locked thread