Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Checking out Lawler/MacDonald now, man Fight Pass is pretty cool.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Great OP but is it just me or are the tables broken thanks to that Perry breakdancing gif?

It seems okay to me :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Good God the blood in Lawler/MacDonald :stare:

Hell of a fight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

IMO once Bisping defeats the one exact mythical challenger who I believe could never lose to him, then he will be a good fighter.

That one mythical guy was always bad though!

Charles Gnarwin posted:

"No disrespect but I heard someone declare that you have a fatwad and I'm going to eat it up."

Holy poo poo :xd:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

manyak posted:

Basically they have a record of a bunch of biological variables and they track changes over time for anything suspicious that would indicate PED use. Especially PEDs that are hard to test for through normal methods

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Her sample was initially deemed to be negative but they noticed an irregularity on the biological passport that indicated to them that they should test the sample further, and then they detected a banned substance.

That is really loving cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

God it'll be so great if Cormier beats Jones.

:sigh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Memento posted:

Plenty of time for him to drink-drive into a pile of cocaine between now and then.

Save this post and quote it up to and including their respective entrances

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Pena also got into a bar fight and claimed her and her friend got jumped and then later it came out that her and her friend tried to break into a bar after hours and the staff beat the gently caress out of them, iirc.

Did the UFC fall into a time warp and turn into 1970s pro-wrestling? :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dan Didio posted:

Aldo good.

I have only seen one Aldo fight that I can recall and unfortunately it was the Conor fight (well, the fight ruled but for different reasons), so I've never really seen what he's capable of. He's supposed to be really, really, really drat good, right?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

go and check out aldo / mendes II

Okay. So far it's good but nothing gre-
last 40 seconds of round 1
:stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Watching Aldo/Edgar now.

Loved Aldo's post-fight interview in the Mendes fight.

"So did you deliberately punch him after the buzzer?"
"I knew I had to punch him, so when I saw the chance I punched him."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It wasn't even after the buzzer. It was on it and he's just that quick. He can't unthrow the punch.

I didn't go back to look, but it struck me as one right on the buzzer and then the follow-up half a second later. Still probably him just throwing a combo that happened to hit the second shot after the buzzer, but I just laughed at his reaction when asked being,"Well I saw the chance to hit him so I took it! v:shobon:v"

Aldo/Edgar I, it's crazy to watch slow-mo of Aldo taking a hard upper-cut to the face but still connecting with his shot even as his head is snapping backwards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

hey jerusalem how'd you score aldo / edgar 1?

It was real good but I think Aldo came out ahead, he took his shots but he always seemed to have the upper hand as far as I could tell..

Watching the rematch now and I'm actually pretty sure I watched this show before since I remember the controversy over Silva coming in as a late replacement and Cormier getting booed for not going hard out against him, but I don't actually remember this fight. Maybe it was overshadowed in my mind by Jon Jones loving up his life all over again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kinda funny that in the Mendes match they mentioned that Aldo had a tendency to get gassed when he went to the 5th round, because it's pretty clear that is no longer a problem for him in that match or the two Edgar fights.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll say this for Jon Jones, he's pretty good at getting me to pay money hoping to see him lose.

I mean, he doesn't lose, but I still pay money hoping to see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

dc won the fight

Hahaha

• Locked thread