Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

tooterfish posted:

So do most people?

It's generally safer to move away from someone's power hand, and since most fighters are orthodox, they spend most of their careers circling one direction by default.

This is an especially weird thing to pick up on, because one time Bisping did decide to mix it up and circle the other way was against Hendo... and he walked straight into a right hand for his trouble and spent the rest of the evening moonlighting as an amateur astronomer.

He spent most of his career circling to his left, into the power hands of orthodox fighters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rockhold fought basically the same way he did in the first fight, when he trounced Bisping soundly, so it seems silly to say he fought a stupid fight.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Snowman_McK posted:

Nah, the first fight he picked him off at range with kicks. The second he waded in as if his boxing defence isn't poo poo (his boxing defence is poo poo

Rockhold threw like a dozen kicks in the three minutes that the second fight lasted. The second fight happens at a close range because Bisping stays in the pocket more instead of trying to dance around the edge and pot shot. He stands his ground when Rockhold attacks, and throws back. The punch that puts Rockhold down is beautifully set up by a left that gets Rockhold's attention and makes him pick his head up so Bisping can put the right hand over the top. He wouldn't have been there to throw that punch in the first fight because he'd have been back on his bike doing laps around the edge of the cage.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

how much is yoel gonna be favored?

-250 or so I'd say.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Romero is going to hit Bisping very very hard because he hits everyone very very hard, and Bisping gets hit hard by everyone. And that will probably lead to Bisping getting KOed.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

manyak posted:

Bisping gets dropped a lot but hes tough and recovers well.. Romero should probably beat him but instead he will drop him in the first then get tired and lose 4 rounds and everyone will wonder why he Forgot to Wrestle (tm)

I think Romero is more resilient than given credit for. He was dead against Kennedy at the end of the second round and required only minor cheating to KO him in the next round. Bisping will be in danger the whole time.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Rose is going to get her rear end kicked because she's not that good.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I know it's heavyweight and all, but drat, first round KOs of Werdum, Overeem, and JDS all in a row is impressive as hell.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Skip My Posts posted:

remember when Rory schooled Maia and Woodley back to back?

I thought for sure he'd end up champ one day.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

maias solid, he just didnt stand at the top til people like hendricks and condit mental failed, and others got old/left cuz ufc didnt pay up

I love Condit so very much, but the man who could not stay upright probably wouldn't have ever beaten Maia in a three rounder.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

fair but he was in the division the whole time. the rock paper scissors style makes fights game overall favored condit, though. thats why he fought for the title and maia didnt. maia was part of the insanity of that time. hes bisping like in sticking around so long at the almost top level until it pays off

Condit got his title shot against Lawler after notching one straight win and going 2-3 in his last five.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

And all MMA fans are all the richer for it. Especially jase

I am exceedingly glad he did because Condit is cool as hell, and it's a great fight, but he got the title shot because he's really exciting, and Maia hasn't so far because he's not.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

In retrospect I can't believe Hunt lasted til round 5 against Stipe, because nobody else has made it out of the first since then.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

It's like in It Follows, Dom tricked Cody into taking his loads and now Cody is being stalked by an inexorable force that will destroy his bones and joints.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Breaking news, I have also signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather, he is unaware of this contract and the details are ludicrously unfair to him, but I am under contract to fight him and if he doesn't sign he's a drat coward.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

i don't think this will happen but it had better or it won't really be close.

for perspective, i still think tj / dodson would be competitive at 125 / 135 (ignoring their first fight) and dodson doesn't belong in the same cage as mm.

Watching then fight Lineker back to back I don't think Dodson would be competitive with TJ anymore.

SquirrelGrip posted:

tj only has a size advantage and if he can't use it effectively mm will wreck him

TJ hits harder.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

SquirrelGrip posted:

Well yeah he's bigger

Size does not strictly dictate power, if it did John Dodson would be impossible.

Marching Powder posted:

As I watched tj land a hundred unanswered, undefended shots on barao, who is still standing, I think to myself 'There's a man with formidable power'

Barao has a really good chin, some of the shots he took from Stephens were nuts.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 25, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

in their prime they werent in the same class

Floyd at 130 was better than Pac at 130.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

chaleski posted:

The UFC can be pretty lovely with how they treat fighters, but health seems to be the one thing they're (usually) good about.

It was pretty good when Dana White basically called Jose Also a pussy for delaying a fight due to injury. Definitely looking out for him. Of course that was before, when it was owned by guys who actually cared about the sport and not an agglomeration of random actors and NFL owners and agents, I'm sure it's better now...

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

compillation of jose aldo defending takedowns https://streamable.com/0xxwt

Owns. I like the Florian section where Rogan keeps talking about how Florian is making Aldo work with the takedown attempts while a Florian gets progressively slower and bloodier and less successful from one attempt to the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

I'll take Junior over the guy whose best win is 2017 vintage Andrei Arlovski and who has never been out of the second round.

• Locked thread