Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I remember him slipping and immediately getting dropped after his eye gets poked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Should have parlayed $10

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tooterfish posted:

So do most people?

It's generally safer to move away from someone's power hand, and since most fighters are orthodox, they spend most of their careers circling one direction by default.

This is an especially weird thing to pick up on, because one time Bisping did decide to mix it up and circle the other way was against Hendo... and he walked straight into a right hand for his trouble and spent the rest of the evening moonlighting as an amateur astronomer.

Nah

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i feel like bisping's footwork is good and has improved even if he still makes that mistake a lot, the rockhold finish was pretty beautiful

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bundt Cake posted:

he sucks much less than he once did

imo he sold out to avoid the td above all else so he didnt get taken down and laid on like Rashad did to him. by and by it lessened his power and made him not very aggressive so he was pretty weak (especially to watch) in the striking. being world class tough and improving his cardio got him through the first part of his career and he had a certain striking acumen but any finishing ability only showed up when he could GnP, but he tried to avoid going to the ground. Yeck. Just a frustrating fighter to watch with lots of boring fights, and he got by Jorge Rivera by cheating and Hamill by bad judging.

I dont really know how hes turned it around

he's pretty savvy at this point and like you said he's really tough

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lmao look at rockhold's jawline for steroid proof

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

big money big clit posted:

Rockhold fought basically the same way he did in the first fight, when he trounced Bisping soundly, so it seems silly to say he fought a stupid fight.

He didn't take bisping seriously and that jab he lunged in with was so lazy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Rigel posted:

Nate Diaz has a bench press in his living room.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/859869720446615552

hahaha

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Nate is cool i hope hes made enough money that he doesnt have to fight anymore if he doesnt want to

Same

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hey remember this brutal poo poo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
TUF update: JT$ is wrestling the poo poo out of this dude

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Apparently Goes had a brain bleed after that, which isn't surprising considering he's getting shunted out of the ring solely via getting kneed directly on the top of the head. It's like violent furniture rearranging

drat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

In related news, https://www.gofundme.com/atom

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol tight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Work Friend Keven posted:

Yeah for sure, those guys microwave their wine.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

henkman posted:

Why would you microwave wine

You're a big baby who can't finish a bottle of red in one sitting

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tumor looking batty posted:

When are the new owners going to let go of Dana?

i dont think they are any time soon

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
nick's strikeforce fights were sick. when he got dropped by daley and then boxed him up it was awesome

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think spin4jackpots.com would post a fake vid

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm retard

Skip My Posts fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 6, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

vainman posted:

I've definitely seen people strap weights to their neck and nod their head like a hundred times in an attempt to get a stronger chin and it owns

isnt that just to strengthen their neck because supposedly neck strength contributes to the ability to take a punch?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Fartbox posted:

Training your neck is cool but I'm pretty sure when a dude rattles your brain around like that your sick traps wont matter bro

Your brain rattles less if u got a strong proud neck

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_XuaYWP8ds

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
ouch my foot. drat he's droppin names

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

Yes like I said there are more fighters working it into their gameplan. Nate Quarry is not one of them (and neither was Jeremy to be fair) and I was talking about Bas being right when he said there's no reason to throw a jab at the time he said it.

drat don't back pedal and change waht you said now dude or you spit on the lessons of every legendary fighter with whom you train with on a daily basis

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
you're right about luke rockhold for sure lol but that was the most lackadaisical jab i ever saw in my life, he threw it with pure disdain for the effort it took

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Jeremy horn says the jab difficult to implement and he wants to know if you're gonna finish that sandwich

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Tj seems like a really good coach this year. Chael seemed good too

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Cody has seemed fine to me as a coach, they've shown some clips of him going over some technical poo poo with his guys and showing them what he likes to do in a lot of situations. i feel like it's hard for some really talented guys to coach since they pick stuff up so much faster than most. tj just seems really into it where he's probably emulating bang ludwig's coaching style

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/KelvinGastelum/status/862148861892083713

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Rumors that UFC signed Gokhan Saki. Crazy

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

El Roncho posted:

Well it goes without saying he'll throw a much better punch than CM "Phil Brooks" Punk before getting taken down and immediately submitted by some BJJ brown belt we've never heard of.

yeah or it's fake

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm imagining it and it's so funny to think about

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

cis autodrag posted:

there's actual twitter accounts out there that are white right-wingers pretending to be black people that tweet menacing and racist things with like BLM hashtags and stuff and it's so painfully obvious they're not black. They even have a ridiculous playbook:

(from here: https://angrywhitemen.org/2016/12/14/andrew-anglin-wants-you-to-believe-he-has-thousands-of-fake-black-person-accounts-on-twitter/)

i'll go ahead and say we're pretty far afield of UFC stuff at this point though so maybe PM me if you want to make fun of white people some more :)

By the ember of mobn this human being(bundle of sticks not the illegal kind) is kindled

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Lame

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
whats a biological passport?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that's interesting, can you pop someone if you never actually find it in their system just based on those changes?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yoel should smoke him but you never know. Crazy that someone considers Yoel slow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bubba Smith posted:

he has bursts of insane athleticism but yoel starts off most of his fights not doing a whole lot. that's what I meant by slow

Makes sense

• Locked thread