Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

diesiel posted:

that'd be clockwise here and counterclockwise in Australia

hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Work Friend Keven posted:

Stipe weighs like 8 pounds of non gut weight more than jones, is the same height as him, has less reach, isn't actually more skilled than jones in any aspect of MMA (except for standup he wont be able to use while repeatedly being poked in the area of his head above the nose / kicked in his knee), has a worse gas tank, and has spent the past year fighting dinosaurs, which I'll go ahead and call a push with jones not fighting at all. Close fight, but I give it to Jones.

Not 100% on the gas because Jones doesn't fight guys who are his size. There's a reason he cuts to 205 when dominating HW would be worth more money. He's not that kind of stupid

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Stealth Tiger posted:

I'm pretty sure if guys couldn't wear gloves/ tape their hands, they would just punch anyways and have to accept the fact that their hands would get wrecked for the sake of landing strikes.

Didn't old bare knuckle fights feature a lot more body shots and a lot fewer punches to the head?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

You can't make make the sport of "hurt people" safe and at some point them's just the breaks. But jacked up hands have definitely ended careers so I bet there'd be a lot less overhands and other punches with a decent chance of going straight to the dome

Edit to be clear I don't think that wlike reduce concussions or make the sport safer, I was just spitballing about how it would be different

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Skip My Posts posted:

lol it's only 1 month? yeah these guys are like 30-35 too it's not the coaching

A month where they are surrounded by cameras and producers and have to stay relatively near weight, no less. Cornering and keeping your guys' mentality sharp is all you can possibly contribute

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I was gonna say one group might be "people who want to watch competitive fights" but as a non boxing person my understanding is Pacqiao was pretty washed by the time they fought so maybe that doesn't matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Marching Powder posted:

i still heavily rate edgar p4p. he's a bantamweight. a guy who wouldn't have to fight half as hard to get to 135 than aldo would to get to 145. what he's accomplished is pretty much staggering.

put jose and conor at ww and mm to fw and edgar looks crazy impressive.

Aldo's like 5'7 he's not a gigantic featherweight.

LobsterMobster posted:

Frankie is allegedly 5'6 with a 68" wingspan and 37" leg length

Holloway is 5'11, 69" wingspan and 42" leg

Aldo is 5'7, 70" wingspan and 40" leg

drat Holloway with a height 2" above his wingspan, t rex lookin motherfucker

• Locked thread