Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

IcePhoenix posted:

Marcus Thames

Not bad for a 40 year old that hasn't played in 6 years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Tulo has sucked, so yes I'd rather have Gogo in the field right now

I never said Barney did I, of course donaldson's more valuable

Yeah man that guy who has over 3,000 career hits sure did suck :agesilaus:

Ryan Goins is slashing 230/292/368 and Troy Tulowitzki is a really loving good defender. This is a ludicrous take.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I would still start Devon Travis over Ryan Goins every day. This team is not playing for anything this year. Ryan Goins is what he is - an all glove utility infielder. Devon Travis could/should be more than that. Let him either work his poo poo out, or prove that he is not very good.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Jays are most certainly playing for something this year. They have 28 games over the next month and a half with Atlanta, Oakland, Milwaukee, Texas, Cincinnati and the White Sox.

I guess "nothing to play for" is unfair. I don't envision them truly contending for a playoff spot, but the opportunity is somehow there.

Doesn't change my opinion re: Travis vs. Goins though (and that's not directed towards you, as I suspect you'd agree)

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Travis has had some good moments but he has underperformed his potential at pretty much every turn

As opposed to Ryan Goins who has been mediocre-bad his whole career? At least Devon Travis HAS potential.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

patonthebach posted:

Its not the craziest one ever. Goins has hit the ball well in the past few weeks, Tulo has been Tulo since he was traded. Also goins is a better defender. I'd still rather have Tulo, but over the next few years if he keeps sucking at hitting and regresses at D...

I'm starting to think the Rockies knew what they were doing when they traded Tulo away. But I am immensely glad we dont have that piece of poo poo reyes on our team anymore.

We're talking about this year, not the next few years. But even still, As Darude said, Troy Tulowitzki's worst is still better than Ryan Goins at his best. I think they are pretty comparable defenders (not able to look up numbers right now) at this stage, but even if Goins is better, it's not enough to make up the offensive gap.

e:
Goins is a good defender, but that's all he is. IMO the Jays need to be finding out who is a viable long-term piece. We know what Goins is at this point. A fine 4th IF that can spell your starters. Let Devon Travis play a full year and see what he does.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 15, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

bewbies posted:

I'm genuinely curious what it is you think was inadequate/inappropriate or whatever in that statement.

To me, that sounds like he's apologizing for being upset at Motte; that a quickpitch should not have actually warranted him getting angry. I don't read any sense of remorse for the actual slur in that apology or any understanding as to why it was wrong.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

patonthebach posted:

You don't think being in this competitive moment isn't part of why he said it? You think he calls someone that word if they don't pass the salt at the dinner table?

I bet he doesn't even consider that word go be about gay people just like many don't use bitch to mean about women

That doesn't make it okay though? It's a perfect opportunity to come out and say something to the effect of "I regret using that word. Locker room talk is no excuse for using what I recognize is a hurtful and damaging slur. I sincerely apologize for using that term and want to use this as a lesson to promote acceptance. No situation warrants the use of that type of language."

e: I agree with you that he likely didn't mean it as an anti-gay thing, but that's really not the point. You are a role model to children and adults alike. Own what you did, explain why it's wrong, and sincerely apologize for it.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

For what it's worth, it looked to me like Bautista was actually a little remorseful and explaining himself to Suzuki; not trying to start poo poo. He tapped his chest multiple times in a "my bad" sort of way.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

patonthebach posted:

Also about the whole apology being weird. The reporters in the post game weren't aware of him using the slur so the question they asked pillar was about him being fired up. Hence his weird half response.

Ah, that makes his response a little more reasonable. Hopefully his statement today addresses the points we've been discussing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Chexoid posted:

https://twitter.com/bnicholsonsmith/status/867397784076402689

<<<<<<<< When the backup to the backup to the backup gets injured.

Jesus christ.

Hamate too. That loving sucks :(

• Locked thread