Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Pancakes posted:

Our shortstop is just team chess champion and commits a lot of errors. :(

Since he plays chess call them "blunders" and it becomes more endearing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Sadly, since he threw to second, this won't deter broadcasters from pointing out he can't throw to first

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

For God so loved the Mets, He gave his one and only son, Tim Tebow, a chance to play in the majors by injuring everyone ahead of him.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Ungratek posted:

Nats bullpen is a loving disaster

Just trade for David Robertson already, come on.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Hey folks, I'm going to Toronto next month and I'm looking at tickets, I see there's a $100 seat at field level down the far right-field line. Is that a good deal for that kind of seat? I've never sat at field-level before but I want to do it at some point. There's also $35 outfield seats in like the second row which seem very good.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I'm actually going to an evening game (7:05 start) and I'm going to be a fan of the filthy visitors (White Sox) so I'm thinking I'm going to go for it. Here's hoping I get a ball or at least on TV.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I fully intend on seeing another game while I'm in the city, and I was planning on buying the other ticket day of. I just didn't know if I was going to see a Saturday or Sunday game on top of the Friday that I'm already attending. I will definitely wake up early on those days and check the prices on StubHub/SeatGeek/whatever

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisMuellerPGH/status/864827212385710080
Its really depressing seeing McCutchen degrade so rapidly as a player :smith:

Meanwhile I am very happy to see the Dread Pirate Jaso hitting well below the Mendoza line at .162

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

The Berzerker posted:

John Wilkes Booth definitely just buy tickets off stubhub the day of. I bought $7 USD tickets to yesterday's game, I was sitting just past 3rd base in the mid-level (200s), front row. Great seats.

Here's hoping the Jays continue to be garbage well into next month.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Today is my birthday. This is a great present.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

rickiep00h posted:

I think someone mentioned that there's a newer edition that has a post-strike epilogue but I might be thinking of something else.

The additions to the book are still dated Nov 1994 (I have it) so it doesn't go into the resolution of the strike and what went on into more recent times. I would be interested to know if there's a book that covers the last twenty years or labor relations in some aspect.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
We had an offseason book thread in the 2015-16 offseason. The OP has a list of books that we voted on, we ultimately chose Veeck as in Wreck (which is great)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750089

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
I feel bad thinking Ruth Page was a reference to Babe Ruth in some way.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
MIguel Gonzalez is pitching a gem in Chicago, if you're interested. Also Hawk doesn't home games so the local broadcast is safe to watch.

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
That rubber snake has cursed the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

Thanks to Stockholm Syndrome I think I will miss him to some extent. If he could show up for one game a year where it was guaranteed that the White Sox would be playing clownball the whole time, that would be great.

• Locked thread