Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

The Walrus posted:

lmao holy gently caress estrada in the starting lineup tonight an an al east matchup

What? He's been really good the last few years and is one of the Jays best/most consistent pitchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
The Jays have added Russell Martin to the 10 day DL with a shoulder injury. I forgot how lucky they had been with injuries the last few years, I guess this is it all just evening out. Sucks for it to happen all at once though, especially when they've been struggling for wins

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Chexoid posted:

That's a huge blow to the eight people who think the Jays have a chance.

Yeah I'm not saying they have a chance but I'm willing to pretend these games are somewhat meaningful and not give up all hope yet . Only 6 back of the second wild card ! (With everyone except the royals ahead of them)

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Good Dog posted:

Angels broadcast has a "happy mother's day" sign superimposed onto the batters eye like they put the line of scrimmage or first down marker in football.

I'm surprised teams or channels haven't tried doing that with advertisements yet, thered be an uproar but I'm surprised they haven't tried it.

The jays do this with home hardware ads

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Tanaka ruined Derek Jeter night

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
The beat the streak leader is 6 picks away from the 5.6 million prize. Today he picked Ezequiel Carerra and Kevin Pillar. Heh

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Because the Jays don't even have a literal garbage pail to stick behind the plate while Martin is injured. He's pretty good defensively and he hasn't had a huge number of PAs so even one hit will bump that up but he is sucking with the bat

Punting Salty is looking like one of Gibby's dumber moves imo

He's been resigned to a minor league deal already, Maile is a better backup when Martin is healthy because Salty is a brutal defender (and wasn't hitting at all either), and Gibbons might have a little influence on those types of decisions but he's certainly not the only one who decides whether or not to release a player. Or is this you just "trying to stir poo poo up" again

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
*to the tune of Complicated by Avril Lavigne*
"Why'd you have to go and just call someone a human being?"

Pillar is stupid for saying that and deserves his suspension. I hope he is actually remorseful and maybe does some extra charity work for a LGBT organization in the off season or something.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Aaron Sanchez back to the DL with his finger issue. I can't remember the last time the Jays were hit this hard by injuries

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
I don't get at all why they're playing him at third? So they can put.... Coghlan in left? Why not just have Coghlan at third and put Bautista back in right where he's more comfortable and have Zeke play left? Or Alford? This makes no sense to me

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Buck Martinez just basically congratulated Harper for going to fight Strickland in the Jays broadcast. I mean I don't disagree but I didn't expect to hear that kind of thing on air

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

I guess we have the most cowardly version of throwing a ball at someone. Watch the guy in the jacket coming in from the left around 25 seconds.

Was that a baseball he threw? Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Anyone have a link to video of jays fans running onto the field in the top of the ninth from a few days ago? Been looking online and can't find anything

• Locked thread