Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

pasaluki posted:

"loving bullshit. loving bullshit coward stuff. That’s stuff that you don’t loving do. But I’m not on that side, I’m not in that organization. They’re still thinking about that same slide that I did that was no intention on hurting anybody and I’m still paying, I’m still trying to get hit at. Getting thrown at my loving head, getting loving thrown at everywhere. It’s loving bullshit. I’ve lost mad respect for that organization, for that coaching staff, for everyone over there.

[...]

Pitchers out there with loving balls in their hands, throwing 100 mph trying to hit people. And I’ve loving got a bat too. I could go out there and crush somebody if I wanted to. But you know what, I’d get suspended for a year and the pitcher only gets suspended for two games. That’s not cool."

O's fan but Machado is 100% justified in saying this.
I saw this as it happened, but the only thing I wonder is if MLBHQ is going to fine him or call him in for a sit-down for implying that he could start hitting opponents with his bat if he wanted to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

bawfuls posted:

He's certainly not wrong about pitchers getting light suspensions for throwing 100mph at dudes. If he or any other hitter went after a pitcher with the bat in this day and age it sure seems like it would provoke a much longer suspension.

Then again, Marichal was only suspended 8 games for bashing Roseboro over the head with a bat, but that was 1965.
Yes, but attacking a player with a bat is seen as the line that you just can't cross. Even though his suspension was only eight games, after his career members of the BBWAA used that on-field incident as justification to vote against Marichal for Hall of Fame induction, and it took a public appeal from the victim - Jonny Roseboro - for the writers to relent.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Miz Kriss posted:

Is Chris Sale the same guy who cut up his jersey because he didn't like the way it looked?
If Chris Sale and MadBum ever ended up on the same team, people would die.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

will_colorado posted:

Here's video from 1986 of Pat Corrales's face running into Dave Stewart's fist, AFTER Corrales charged the mound and tried to ninja-kick Stewart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtoZimFZH4

WHY would you ever pick a fight with that guy
Ahhhhh mid-80s baseball fights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlHJ9ZaREmc&t=399s

Crazy Ted fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 27, 2017

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Saturday interlude:

Y'all like dingers, right? How about a 475-foot Grand Slam from Japan during one of last night's games?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2jmzYUa7M0

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I was wrong: 151 m = 495.407 ft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Der Meister posted:

I can't see where it landed. Might still be flying.
I'm pretty sure the baseball actually unraveled in the air and 151 M was just a guess on the part of the broadcast crew.

EDIT: Exit velocity of 188 km/h translates to 117 mph

• Locked thread