Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I think the Orioles and Red Sox should both have to forfeit all of this month's games while they attend some sort of bridge-building workshops so that they be nice to each other

e: wait the Jays don't even play the Sox this month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If we're still talking about fun games we were at, I was at a PHI@TOR day game last summer by myself, high on pain meds from having my wisdom teeth out a few days prior and watched the dinger parade including a Donaldson grand slam (he had 5 RBIs), that was a good time

This BOS@TOR game from last May was also a lot of fun

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Kalenn Istarion posted:

He's not bad, he just had a rough outing

We'll see I guess

I think they said he's throwing with a pitch limit of 60 so I'll assume he goes ~4 and then maybe Tepera goes ~2 and then cobble together the rest with the rest of their ten man bullpen

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

he might be out til August, yikes

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I feel like maybe more people need to love Joe Biagini like I do so please enjoy:

https://twitter.com/Wilnerness590/status/860604750840160256

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/861318031573647361

PS: He had his first career start today and went 4.0IP, 2H, 1R (but 0ER), 4K. 52 pitches, 37 Ks

:swoon:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

pounding shots until 4 am and then missing practice on the day before you're scheduled to start

this was a stupid thing to do

patonthebach posted:

a billionaire owner to send a bunch of strong armed goons over to "check" on you when you called in sick

this is a super gross thing to do

hth

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

seiferguy posted:

Mariners' DL consists of Felix, Paxton, Smyly, Iwakuma, Haniger and Cishek. Yet they're still playing .500 ball. Looking forward to lots of dingers from both sides in Toronto!

The Jays' DL consists of Sanchez, Happ, Tulo, Donaldson, and Martin (with Morales day to day) yet they just won a series against Cleveland. It's gonna be a fun series with the Mariners for sure.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sweet this means I might get to pitch for the Jays at this rate

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I went to today's Jays game, that's the second time in history I've seen them lose live. Estrada couldn't settle down and Osuna goofed it real bad.

My friend works for the Jays and she said Dickey came around saying hi to everyone who works there, giving hugs and handshakes, because Dickey is a good good man. She wanted to make him cookies but her boss wouldn't let her because he isn't a Blue Jay anymore. She had to make whatever dessert Morales and Estrada asked for, it was their turn apparently. :3:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Grittybeard posted:

I wonder if this is an actual baseball rule? Like you can't make baked goods if you're employed with a team for a member of another team just in case.

There's probably a rule (whether it's official or not) about not taking gifts from opposing team staff, I assume it would be something along those lines

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

John Wilkes Booth definitely just buy tickets off stubhub the day of. I bought $7 USD tickets to yesterday's game, I was sitting just past 3rd base in the mid-level (200s), front row. Great seats.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/865383511867490306

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Ceciliani has gone to the DL, and the Jays have called up Anthony Alford. :getin:

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

lol @ John Coppolella complimenting a fan on having Bautista getting socked in the yap as his avatar:

https://twitter.com/Braves/status/865647526199808001

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Instead of this "who is the handsomest" business, it would be fun to see a photo of the ugliest person from each team.

I'll start: Roberto Osuna.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

He was my second choice so I'll allow it

Correct

Looks like Donaldson and Tulo are starting with Dunedin tomorrow so their returns are finally coming. Thank god

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thejaysnation/status/867484594865557505

And both Donaldson and Tulo are back tomorrow.

Some of you might be thinking, but where will Ryan Goins play, My hope is Buffalo.

Give him the occasional 2B when Travis needs a day off, the occasional LF when Carrera needs a day off, swap Barney in as needed... I mean with Pearce and now Alford both out there's still some holes to fill and not a lot of options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Luigi Thirty posted:

Thumby John surgery

:captainpop:

• Locked thread