Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Don't they know that the bastion of artisan lettuce that is Whole Foods is still in the pocket of Big Pharming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i went to a farmers market and a head of romaine was like 11 bucks so i said gently caress it, went to wendys and bought some nugs

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Tom Gorman posted:

i went to a farmers market and a head of romaine was like 11 bucks so i said gently caress it, went to wendys and bought some nugs

A good decision, friend!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

why you tryin to make artisan caesar salad anyway

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

lol at anyone who pays extra for organic lettuce, which is essentially the veggie version of water with water being 96% of it with the remaining 4% lacking anything important

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
if you dont grow you own produce i hope you get supercancer from your corporate gmo monstrosities

peace

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

organic hipster water ftw

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Tom Gorman posted:

Woah I buy weed from my Wendy's drivethru guy too how weird is that

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
local is a good start, next step: do it yourself and barter with other craftsmen what you do not have time to learn outside of your few trades

eliminate capital, good luck comrades

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

extra stout posted:

local is a good start, next step: do it yourself and barter with other craftsmen what you do not have time to learn outside of your few trades

eliminate capital, good luck comrades

I just steal produce from the garden at my local church.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016
Because it's a way for them to feel like they're helping the little guy and sticking it to the establishment without inconveniencing themselves or sticking their necks out in any way.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
OP's food footprint is zero because he eats his own farts

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol if you don't drive out to the farm with a bottle of salad dressing and bite into a live head of lettuce and run with the deer. :smug:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i am local about produce

Beige
Sep 13, 2004
Eating locally grown food is bad if you live in a poo poo place

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I hate how "gmo" has become a dirty word thanks to these people. Why shouldn't we be genetically altering our food as long as it makes them better and is safe?

Besides, every time I pick up the organic stuff by mistake and pay double what it's worth it ends up tasting the exact same yet goes bad twice as fast. Seems like a bad deal imo.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I hate how "gmo" has become a dirty word thanks to these people. Why shouldn't we be genetically altering our food as long as it makes them better and is safe?

Besides, every time I pick up the organic stuff by mistake and pay double what it's worth it ends up tasting the exact same yet goes bad twice as fast. Seems like a bad deal imo.

It's funnier because we've been breeding veggies for hundreds of years, and stuff like broccoli and brussel sprouts are pretty much man-made inventions. But for some reason only recent developments are bad.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

.lnk to the past posted:

It's funnier because we've been breeding veggies for hundreds of years, and stuff like broccoli and brussel sprouts are pretty much man-made inventions. But for some reason only recent developments are bad.

But you see, when we selectively cultivate broccoli or bananas to be more edible, that is good! If we tear out the genes from snakes and fish and stick them inside bananas, that is raping mother nature.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

But you see, when we selectively cultivate broccoli or bananas to be more edible, that is good! If we tear out the genes from snakes and fish and stick them inside bananas, that is raping mother nature.

have you seen how she was dressed

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

lol at anyone who pays extra for organic lettuce, which is essentially the veggie version of water with water being 96% of it with the remaining 4% lacking anything important

luv those pesticides in my food!

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Wash off your grimy deer-poo poo and salmonella covered produce before having your shovro robot push it down your dirty hipster mouth

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I only buy produce at Wal-Mart, cause I like my vegetables to be a product of prison labor.

Alvie
May 22, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

luv those pesticides in my food!

This but unironically because I'm not a moron.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

.lnk to the past posted:

Oh yeah, the ancient Mesopotamians did a lot of gene splicing, I forgot! :)

drowned in pussy juice posted:

OP's food footprint is zero because he eats his own farts

A shameful OP.

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Grand Prize Winner posted:

have you seen how she was dressed

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The lamest part about organic food is that they can still use chemicals, they just have to use approved old-timey "organic" pesticides and fertilizers, some of which are actually more toxic than modern non-organic equivalents

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Thanx for the input oxballs

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
You're welcome

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
It's because they are millenials and so need special stuff exactly the way they want it on account of them being spoiled little shits. But I could be wrong because that's just the first thing that came to mind. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Probably a distrust of unabashedly greedy major corporations combined with youthful zealotry, tbh.

Like, this is what Hot Topic kids turn into without Hot Topic to sell them ICP, Invader Zim, and Tool shirts.

Save our Hot Topics, I guess. :ohdear:

• Locked thread