Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

silicone thrills posted:

Do we know the same guy? A guy at my office has been jerking off to AMD for the past year and keeps swinging buy to chat with the dude in the cube next to me about how his AMD stock is gonna finally pay off. Also his watercooled rig. It's kind of to be expected out of desktop techs but also retarded when you work for a non profit with a really stupidly good 401k that he could increase his contribution to.

I think we all know the same guy, except my guy is the bitcoin guy. Like your guy, he's been all over AMD's nuts for the past year. I lol'ed at him yesterday for AMD's tumble, and this was his response:

quote:

lol all those haters
omg they did not have a perfect quarter even tho they posted 18.7 percent gains
not to mention the server chips are not even out yet

I have flipped my profit from amd into apple then flipped that into nvidia
my 180 bucks is now at 430 even with the price drop
was at 500

i would say i am doing okay

I don't even :psyduck:

Naturally, he has no retirement accounts, but a sick new watercooled rig, complete with LEDs. And wants to buy a $60k diesel truck.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 20:23 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I'm torn on whether I should post this here, because normally it would be BWM, but it's "ok" in the sense that they can afford it. But I will since it checks off a lot of the boxes in this thread.

Not only does my mom:
[X] Use and push essential oils on everyone for everyfuckingthing,
[X] she has a horse,
[X] which has cancer, but
[X] she won't send him to the glue factory
[X] despite not being able to ride him anymore (she can basically only feed and brush him),

But she also:
[X] uses essential oils on her horse.

The whole thing is really loving :psyboom:, but my parents are retired and set financially, so I can't really call it BWM, but it would be just about any other time.

Like, it's really hard to talk to her at times, because she turns everything around to essential oils. I mentioned to her that I may have tennis elbow or some kind of tendinitis, which may require surgery. Her suggestion was, of course, essential oils, because there is a "anti-inflammatory" oil. My old man just rolls his eyes whenever she mentions them,.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

BloodBag posted:

Are you sure you're not intentionally conflating essential oils with linament to make a more interesting post?

bigeloil is just water soluble ben-gay type stuff for horses. You can use it on yourself too, it's wonderful for sore feet after long runs.

No she's definitely using the stupid overpriced human essential oils on her horse.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Oh hey, it's that time of the week again where TB ruins a BWM thread.

:sigh:

Content: Bitcoin guy at work assembled a Skylake desktop PC last year. About a month or so ago, he 'pimped his rig' like it was from 2002 with LEDs and cathode tubes and poo poo.

Now this week, he's selling it to buy a new Ryzen rig just because AMD's stock price.

And considering all the Apple announcements, it's going to be hilarious to find out if he maxed his Apple CC again buying all the new poo poo.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

omnibobb posted:

Yep. I love the amazon card. I do most of my purchasing on it, pay it off promptly and get about 30 bucks a month in Amazon store credit. Easy peasy lemon sneezy.

Don't redeem it for Amazon credit. You're robbing yourself of 5% when you do. Just do statement credit.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

How do I do this?

Log onto chase, click "See Balance" under Amazon Prime Rewards in the summary box near the top. Click Redeem > Redeem Rewards. Near the bottom of the next page is a Cash Back box. Click Redeem Now and boom.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This is extremely good poo poo. I can't wait for more.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Do the math on those ages :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mining rig will produce $2 of crypto per day!*

*while using $15 of your parents money for electricity