Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Solice Kirsk posted:

We have a dude that orders two or three boxes of half dollars each month and then goes through them looking for silver ones. Walking 70lbs of coins to and from his double parked car is the best part of my day, let me tell you.

how the hell can there be silver in new half dollars? Unless hes hoping to find 60s coins that had them in 70 pounds of loving coins :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The best part is he's getting into mining when the entire crypto market is exploding as the house of cards is falling. The upfront cost alone is probably a million if he has to do electrical work, hell the step down transformer is 100j before you get the electrical workers to install it!

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Phanatic posted:

Couple friends of mine had two kids intentionally, a third unexpectedly (go figure, I'd expect that people in their 30s would know how that poo poo works, but anyway), and decided that was that. Husband is a *giant wuss* about surgery, so the wife goes and gets an IUD.

At some point, she starts getting some pain, so goes in to get things checked out. Doc says "Um...I don't see the strings. Let's get you an x-ray." Turns out the IUD had perforated her uterus and gone walkabout in her abdominal cavity. They had to do real surgery and collect it where it had migrated down around her anus.

Husband ended up getting a vasectomy after that.

This is why I got snipped, wife reacts badly to bc and we knew we didnt want kids of our own. At 21 I got snipped and it cost us about 1200 dollars after it was all said and done, well worth the cost for the safety of mind and ability to control our future. Now that we are stable and she is finishing her MLT program we are going through foster care to adopt (and skip the loving infant stage)

Also calling bullshit at a vasect changing your body chem at all, since it only effects sperm not your hormones.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Yeah foster to adopt in my state is actually really good, Medicare coverage for the child till they are 18 (even then my workplace pays ALL of my medical coverage) and we will get a small stipend for it till they are 18 because we want to adopt a child over the age of 5 which makes them classified as a special needs child in the system.

Also everyone should look into fostering the systems so frazzled and needs help due to the opiod epidemic. And they don't sugar coat anything.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
My man you need to see the paperwork we have to do. There's pages of what you are willing to consider and not to. And social workers are front and center to make sure that the child will be alright in the placement home. They do not just drop a kid off and say here you go we don't know poo poo on this one, not like the stereotype of it.

Best way to put it is we get everything in our life torn apart for this process and to let the state know what we can and can't deal with.

Example : would you consider a child with a conviction for murder(this is legitimate and on the paperwork), tons of fire questions, questions on if the child has been abused physically Emotionally or sexually, and if they need medical care.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Mantle posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PersonalFinanceCanada/comments/8ff9a5/3_car_accidents_in_4_yearswhat_to_do

Reddiot gets a job requiring a vehicle but doesn't allocate any money for learning how to drive.

Guy at work has a long term girlfriend that can top that, think she has had 5 accidents in the last 4 years min based on what he says. Took out a mailbox in his brand new car, took out a telephone pole in the brand new minivan they had for like 2 months (and I mean took out as in the drat thing was hanging in air). He said to add her to his insurance would have been a 4 grand increase in the premium per 6 months due to her tickets and accident record.

Nother guy at works got 2 duis and has to walk everywhere. Honestly cant wait to hear his bitching about his insurance costs once he gets his license back at the end of the year, then loses it again because he goes to the bar constantly .

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
:gonk: holy loving poo poo only paid in crypto :gonk:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Elephanthead posted:

Jesus Christ could not fix Tesla so really he needs to shelter as much cash as possible because he probably has repeatedly violated security laws and will get sued to gently caress and back eventually after the Ponzi scheme fails.

Do we have a thread detailing all the Musk bs? Serious question because people call him the second coming most of the time and when you get past the shiny viel everything falls apart. Tesla and the HYPERLOOP being big ones, or his loving dumbass idea for underground transport.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
You say that but they have design tolerances that even the most poo poo ecobox in the us does not allow. Just the body work alone on a fresh car off the lot is way higher then any vehicle from the auto market. Maybe if they could do it slower it would be better but they specify in their production documents that a quarter inch mismatch in the body panels is acceptable and have since the start if I recall and that's insane.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Relevant Tangent posted:

Have you driven one? Routing everything through the touch-screen isn't a great design. Because it's a touch-screen, and they aren't going to last a decade. It's a great car if you only lease cars though.

The drat door handles are touch based, they pop out after you touch them then you open the door. Almost everything in the tesla models is electronic with so few mechanical systems that if any part of the electrical system gets a bug the car does not function. So much waste of power and money on stuff that adds nothing besides appearance.

Edit: we need a elon musk is a moron thread

Edit2: VVV I love you

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 5, 2018

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
In manufacturing you see alot of men moving to second or third shift so that the mother can be on days. Dad watches the kids during the day (and gets 3 hours of sleep) then goes to work at night. I've known a few co-workers that do this until the kids are in school just to save on daycare.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
You just keep scrolling and it gets worse and worse. To point out another thing 546 dollars in interest alone a month is insane and it has to be additional fees from being over their limits. Then the grand in eating out because the house is a "nightmare"

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Oh my god shes also pregnant again :stare:

Edit ok seriously that has to be a fake account or post, you start digging and things start getting wierd and just questionable

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 23, 2018

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Yeah most likely the CC company did a check for income or the like and lowered it due to an income reduction. Or it's fees and interest added to the balance. I also wouldn't be surprised if missed payments or cash advances caused a lower credit limit.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Just laughing at the idea he can refinance to have a 2.7 percent interest rate. My wife and I have amazing credit in the 780s and sofi denied us, then citizen gave us a rate but it's at 6.50 percent interest for refinancing her private student loans. Not understanding that those interest ranges are there to sucker you and and reel you in.

Also 280 k for an undergraduate is obscene and anyone doing it is the biggest sucker in the world. Perfect for this guy obsessing about ratios and prestige.

Hope he doesn't fall for the trap my wife did with 11percent interest on her private student loans :negative:

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Boys hosed. And yeah going negative on bank accounts or getting flagged will get you blacklisted. In the US once you get on the chex system the banks use it can be near impossible to get off it depending on how you got there.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Opiate epidemic is more of an issue then people realize, Drug testing in many manufacturing isnt testing for weed its looking for signs of meth and opiates. Northeast Ohio cant fill any of the manufacturing jobs paying well above median wage with good benefits because of both a lack of skilled workers (trained CNC and the like) and then people that arent opiate addicted.

we have 4 positions open at the company I am at that offer around 20 an hour with paid medical and not soul crushing overtime or shifts, we cant get people at all.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Jesus Christ. I got my policy renewal for my wife's care last week and for 6 months it's 180 dollars for a 50/100/50 plus uninsured and medical. All together we pay 70 bucks a month. I can't imagine a 5500 dollar policy per year :stare:

Co-workers ex girlfriend was near there with an sr22 and 3 at fault accidents in under a year. I can't imagine how you get it that high in my area that's insane.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

It is high and I don’t know squat about Michigan laws, but you also don’t seem to have collision or comprehensive. Those are much more expensive than liability.

On ours its roughly $60 for 100/300/100 liability, $6 for uninsured/underinsured, $4 for medical, but $250 for collision and $125 for comprehensive (per car, per half).

Cars are rebuilt salvage my dad(autobody expert) and I did so rates tend to be a bit lower and we don't have a loan on either car which helps. We havent really updated our policy in years though but I know I have more then State min for Ohio at least.

GWM is having a dad that knows cars let me tell ya

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Wife's on disability through California for post partum depression, I did not know you can use that for disability. So she goes to the gym daily to work out and I don't know how you can get disability for this and even this fast when most people on disability take 4 years and you need to be destitute jesus

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Hooded winked house is the one you are thinking of. Sites down but it's up on Twitter and Facebook still. Took me a bit to find to.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Someone I went to High School with posted this on Facebook on Saturday:

Maybe just budget for two checks instead of planning on getting a loan every month for 10 out of 12 months of every year?

Unrelated: But what is the point of the "Recommend Me" feature on Facebook? It is just an annoying template that is the exact same as all the text to image templates they have built in now, except it has a mandatory giant google maps embed for no reason.

lmfao how dumb can you be, when I was paid biweekly id use the extra paycheck we would get every few months as an added bonus.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
oh no, that's not the full story. The sister was the executor, the family and the op were beating her up to give them the money until she gave in and violated the will or be excommunicated from the family of bigots. The brothers justification is that his parents gave his brother everything and are owed everything in the will and is shocked the brothers boyfriend of ten years got anything.

in short dude and family are hosed (if its not fake)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
All seriousness I'd love a thread just on robberies and stuff. That is interesting as hell.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Turo seems like the dumbest thing ever, yes let's let people we don't know in the slightest rent our car and drive it. Your insurance company would love to know you are letting random people off the internet drive your car.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Fostering a child and adopting a child over the age of 6 is usually classed as special needs (even in there is no medical or paycheck reason it's just how the state defines it). Children classed as this that are adopted from the state will typically get medicaid until they are 20 unless the adoptive parents waive it, the social workers heavily push that you keep them on medicaid.
Alongside that you do get some federal and state funding until they are 18.

Point being adopting from foster care has a ton of benefits for you and the children

(Please foster and adopt the kids need you and we are trying again next year)

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 18, 2018

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I work with a guy that is retired but works part time to pay his 700 dollar Medicare supplement insurance. Even the government healthcare doesn't cover poo poo anymore due to copay and deductibles. Specially if you have cancer.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Rivensteel posted:

Is that the guy from that wandering thread who was a mechanic in Cali fixing some godawful shitbox while the thread egged him into smoking every weird thing found in the car instead of dealing with his mentally-ill girlfriend or earning a better living?

Sold.

yes that is 14 inch dick who is like legit wtf and any thread he is involved in quickly devolves into insanity and :stare: as everything possible seems to go wrong.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
How the hell is a brake job you do yourself 1000 dollars? Guy must not know how to find parts or is getting a huge upsell from someone.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Eh, me and my wife split our finances, she gets her own account I get mine. We have a joint that we put money in also. But we don't split bills and do them jointly with me putting more money in. It certainly helps to not have money fights like a ton of people

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
There's warning signs and giant run dumbass signs surrounding that guy. He's basically thrown 3 months of possible pay away and god knows how much money he did have for what sounds like a good old boys scam business. Even if the roof part is true I bet the salesman were putting roofs on between hustling new sales.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Not all jobs can be automated, there is still a ton of jobs not being filled or trained for that require people with more specialized machining skills but don't need a mechanical engineer for. Along side that there is almost no one in most votecs that is going for machinist and mechanic training in my experience.

Bwm side product is that most machinist I have worked with love to buy tons of expensive toys like 50k trucks or boats based on overtime and then go insane when the company hits a slowdown and they are back to a straight 40 hours.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Cacafuego posted:

I swear within the last year, I read about companies having a huge shortage of skilled machinists in that they really want to hire them and are paying good wages, but there are not enough American machinists available with skill and experience that can pass a piss test and have no criminal background, so they’re bringing in foreign workers.

Where I'm at they never would bring in foreign workers in this area. Mainly because racism is rampant in the machining world but also because there's a huge gulf of difference between a setup and production skilled machinist and people are desperate for setup people. Which is also something that no votec trains for!

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
The fact that student loans collect interest and then capatilze the interest into the principal is why people are hosed by them, miss a payment? Add to principal. Deferr? Add to principal. Just finish school? Add to principal. It absolutely fucks you to have another 10k suddenly add on to the loan from interest being added that then collects it's own interest. Add on rates averaging 6-9 percent and welp no wonder why a whole generation is basically is stuck in debt limbo.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

wilderthanmild posted:

Random thing I assume is BWM I keep seeing ads around for: Build to sell houses. Like I keep seeing ads which look to be from builders on empty lots. This isn't some special super hot market either, it's loving Cleveland. This has to be a sucker's trap, right?

That's even funnier when you see the Eastern suburbs building cookie cutter homes like mad and many of them having unit sit vacant for the last few years. It's northern Ohio no one wants to move here and can afford a 200k house on what people are getting paid. There's a 2 condo developments by me in the Eastern part of lake county that have had open units in them for years and are largely half filled.

I've seen a few of the signs you're talking about, I think what those are about is someone that owns the land getting a deal with a home builder to make the lot come with a made to build house on closing. But the jokes on you because it's a Ryan home and oh holy gently caress they are bad.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 11, 2018

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/9np242/bank_closing_all_my_accounts/

I'm hosed posted:

Bank closing all my accounts
So I do bitcoin trading and legitimate stock trading and binary trading. Last week I decided to withdraw a large amount of money ($392,000 AUD) for the first time to purchase a new car. However when the money was deposited into my account I was contacted by the bank to come into the branch to “have a chat”. I went to the branch and they talked to me about how I made that money and what I was intending to do with the money which seems fair. I told them I was purchasing a supercar and nothing else, they didn’t seem to think that seemed legitimate as I am 18. They said for now they were gonna temporarily freeze my accounts to investigate and it could lead to further actions. Are they allowed to do that?

Located in Victoria, Australia

All of his other posts are darkweb and drug related along with one about selling credit card numbers, bring your popcorn

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I've worked with a number of people that do third shift so they can take care of the kids while Mom works. Daycare is great for sucking up a full paycheck of one parent.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
He's hosed.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Get a job and not a new top of the line phone? I guess that is rocket science.

Also if Mom a home health aide she can easily get hired in most places for a new company. Or get her stna because here there is such a shortage they pay them daily along with bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Welp that's gonna be a reaming.