Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Assuming you don't get hit by a truck, a broken back is BWM for the rest of your life / until Bernie's zombie takes office.

Hopefully that won't happen, because the bike they're talking about is an indoor exercise bike where you join an MMO spin class. You can sprint up a hill early and yell Leeroy Jenkins to your heart's content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpBLgz0DjQ4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I found this image on the Internet, perhaps you've heard of it? It's been around for a while I hear.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

This bullshit about "can't ask about whether I live or have a car"

Whew, I was worried I couldn't ask candidates if they were alive or not. For our company, living is a vital quality for being able to perform the job duties as described.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Now I want to hear about his foolproof poker/blackjack system.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Lowness 72 posted:

Did you feel like an adult at 18?

Even if I didn't, I'd rather some mild ennui or existential crisis than having to go through the bullet ant stinging ritual.

In more local news, a friend of mine just moved back to town and invited me to come visit her at sales job today because at the last minute, she couldn't make the party I threw last night. The store is a retail establishment selling various smaller tech companies' gadgets, and to my delight I found on the website that they sell Juicero machines! Unfortunately they weren't available at this location or I would've asked to see one. They may not even carry them here.

I did spend some time playing with an Oculus Rift and some bizarre commuter trike without paying anything without any pressure from her to buy. Given how much time she spent with me while visiting, I gather that the conversion rate from browsing customers to paying customers was low and that many people were on there for the novelty factor. But I have no data to back that up, and hopefully her job stays around for a while bad on the sales of non-Juicero products.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I like this version better, because the guy at least gets a physical trophyy as a reward:

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/01/man-loses-life-savings-playing-carnival-game-wins-giant-banana/

quote:

Man Loses Life Savings Playing Carnival Game, Wins Giant Banana

On the bright side, he did win a giant banana with dreadlocks.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Doc Hawkins posted:

I went to a very small liberal arts college on the east coast, and we had at least one case of scurvy diagnosed while I was there.

I've always assumed it happens all the time at universities, but just doesn't get reported.

An all-ramen diet is bad for so many reasons, scurvy and sodium being two of the most obvious ones. A friend of mine said he started losing hair in college from the malnutrition, which was his warning sign to eat more varied foods.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I know I'm over 30, which makes me old and out of touch, by what the gently caress is a geofenced time-expiring Snapchat filter, and why would someone want that?

Edit: didn't realize I waa at the end of the page. Also, agreed that I don't get what Snapchat is even for aside from sending nudes. I've also never seen a fidget spinner.

SpelledBackwards fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 5, 2017

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Krispy Kareem posted:

You can also just be funny like the guy who does Regular Car Reviews.

Hey Leon, is your brother funny?

Still trying to get over buying and flipping that many MacBooks. Get get a Dell.

If I learned anything from the movie Coyote Ugly, it was that if you want to make music, you've got to have a Mac. I assume the same holds true for Vines and car photos.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

ate all the Oreos posted:

Maybe she just had like twenty thousand friends who all gave a dollar

For some reason that reminds me of the Powerball meme last year that if they split the $1.3 billion jackpot across everyone in the US, we'd all get $4.33 million each and poverty would be solved... ignoring the fact that in reality we'd get 4 dollars and 33 cents each if you actually divided the numbers correctly. Then there's the problem of inflation if everyone really did get a lot of money all together (such as with some Universal Basic Income proposals).

Then there was the beautiful counter-meme of "The Force Awakens pulls in $1.7 billion at the box office. That means each of us spent $5.66 million seeing it".

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Hoodwinker posted:

"It is horse dancing, madam."

I was looking for that Parks and Rec clip, but I gave up.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Good Parmesan posted:

How dare he not even THANK ME for taking over MY COLLEGE LOANS.

What are some cheap businesses you can start on your own or with a friend? (self.personalfinance)

Come on, man, source your quotes!

Bad With Money 2.0: The details on how I ended up with two cars are not important

And please tell me the top responses to the 21 year old involved cryptocurrency. If it were on Quora it would've been "invest in yourself", followed by "and cryptocurrency".

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Someone should have told that to the Winklevoss twins before they went through all that trouble of trying to set up Bitcoin-based securities.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Teeter posted:

I always go back and watch this clip of Pentagon Wars whenever BWM government spending or weapons budgets comes up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

The best part is, some of the design change requests are coming from a general played by Richard Riehle, who in Office Space would DEAL WITH THE GODDAMN CUSTOMERS SO THE ENGINEERS DON'T HAVE TO.

Edit: Don't forget, he also has a bit part in Time Changer, which made the rounds on the forums and front page at least in 2004. I bought a copy because of elpintogrande or someone else's hullabaloo about it.

SpelledBackwards fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Aug 2, 2017

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

ate all the Oreos posted:

I had family in Rochester and visited all the time and don't remember seeing this guy and now I feel ripped off because he's something :allears:

HAVE YOU OR A LOVED ONE BEEN PREVIOUSLY RIPPED OFF IN YOUR CHILDHOOD? CALL JIM "THE HAMMER" SHAPIRO TODAY!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Virtue posted:

Lol this guy ain't buying insurance.

That which is already dead cannot die.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Fil5000 posted:

I'm struggling to work out why anyone wouldn't buy a house for a hundredth of it's valued cost.

Why not pay 0% of its cost and go the no money down route? And then you own* that home for free**, baby!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

oRenj9 posted:

Zillow sent me an email with some pretty dope houseboats.

There were more related listicles at the bottom, like "7 things you didn't know about floating homes and houseboats."
I know I posted a video in the houseboat thread here in BFC, not sure about this thread:

CAMI Terra Wind amphibious RV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za63ltkMGGE

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Too soon, dawg.

Austin's getting a lot more rain than I expected, and Franklin BBQ partially burned down Sunday morning, so we've got our problems here.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

A couple of guys I eat lunch with started talking about and eventually set up computers to mine Ethereum when the price was somewhat high, for some stupid reason. I held my tongue even though I've been following various crypto-making-fun-of threads here for the better part of 5 years. All until one of them jokingly said "HODL" the other day, which triggered me. I don't know if they're mining at all following the (temporary?) price crash and massive influx of other miners.

Now this week some other unrelated people have been posting in an employee bulletin board for "advice on trading cryptocurrencies" and formed a chat group so they can discuss it.

All is lost, I fear.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

brugroffil posted:

Bad With Money: what is up with people buying poo poo they can't afford

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/dont-buy-stuff/n12020?snl=1

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Haifisch posted:

Sometimes I wonder how people get to the "whoa, what if I deduct the things I need to live, and therefore ALSO need to work?" step and never reach the "wait, if you could do that, wouldn't everyone deduct this stuff? weird, maybe there's a reason they don't??" step.

If everyone did it, it wouldn't be ONE WEIRD TRICK to pay less in taxes.

Also see the IRS' page on reporting tax fraud: How Do You Report Suspected Tax Fraud Activity?, including Form 3949-A for false exemptions/deductions, and form 211 for applying for a monetary award for tipping off the IRS to fraud. GWM!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Jack2142 posted:

I don't blame that CPA, the family is probably the type of client who yells at you when you try to do things the "right" way. He isn't being shady, just lazy which honestly is more amusing to me than nefarious.

Admittedly this is bad and I will look for an article or study to back this up, but I distinctly remember in one of my tax courses at college the professor either having a study/article about how actually re-funding the IRS so they can actually function would be the fastest way to reduce the defecit, beyond any budget cuts or "tax reform".

I guess better that than under-withholding, where the family instead thinks they're screwing the government on the front end, but could get instead end up with them owing underpayment penalties come tax day.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Panfilo posted:

If Debbie thinks home repairs are expensive just wait till she sees her COBRA costs!

The little G. I. Joe dolls?

(Both of the main characters in Frisky Dingo, Xander and Killface, are delightlfully BWM. One of many reasons the show is one of my favorites of all time).

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

meat police posted:

Yo witch got some serious hotdog finger syndrome going on

Surely a homeopathic solution of 1 cup of water and .01 drops of hot dog water ought to take care of that?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

BarbarianElephant posted:

The mark of the witch.

Then why bother with the #stickandpoke?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Drunk Tomato posted:

That guy is the biggest douche and I hope the government goes down on him hard. Why do people watch his stupid poo poo and support him. YouTube is a plague on humanity.

I think you mean "I hope the government comes down on him hard". Although neither sounds good written, now that I think about it.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

spinst posted:

Choice comment from OP:

Please, I just gave blood and it's medically inadvisable for me to get this erect.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Haifisch posted:

e: federal. not feral. Although feral loans is an interesting mental image.

Financial Panther, eh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irAzLMmbxZg

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Fil5000 posted:

Oh God don't get an SA thread onto Prometheus, it'll be an even worse derail.

Extrasolar expeditions: BWM, BWL. On the other hand, the only things worth spending money on are experiences, not stuff! Gotta travel as much as possible!

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

south of the river, so they would get about 2 hours notice of any shenanigans wrt artillery
but a great target for nork icbm

It would seem BWM to waste ICBM tech on a delivery within the same peninsula. Use a short range missile and save dat money.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

MLM activity has spiked up recently on my Facebook feed. Maybe it has something to do with wanting extra holiday spending money.

#justwaittillwerediamond

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Haifisch posted:

Gee, who wouldn't trust a company with such a vague name and no indication of what the product is? (Because the product is the idiots who sign up)

My favorite is the product line from the company called It Works!, because how could something that really works be a scam? Their big product is a body wrap that makes you look slimmer and... that's all it does.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

He should be using his kids to remodel his kitchen. Problem solved.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Y'all need to watch the Always Sunny episode Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare. It's also got Charlie and Dee getting sucked into an MLM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQlPsZmx8l0

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

Postess with the Mostest posted:

A full HALF of the population is dumber than average.

A full half of the population is as dumb as or dumber than the median. Don't go mixing up your median and your mean, dawg.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

If you drive it near the redline for two and a half hrs it is gonna overheat

Automatic transmissions have 2 and L positions that prevent it from entering higher gears, pretty common.

I did that somewhat recently. Not exactly sure how, but I swapped into L before hitting the highway. About 100 miles in, I realized the engine seemed to be making a lot of noise to maintain speed, and then noticed the tachometer showed > 5k rpm. I was able to put it back into D and continue on, hopefully without any significant damage. I'm honestly surprised that the cruise control system allows itself to get engaged when you're limited to lower gears.

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

KingSlime posted:

My friends are lazy shits is what I'm trying to say, for no good reason other than effort "hurts" (an actual response I've gotten)

I miss the Blue Story thread and her tribulations around boiling some water. And I just saw Star Wars yesterday, too. :(

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

But the snake oil is additive-free, right? And is it essential snake oil, or just regular snake oil?

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

bob dobbs is dead posted:

readin a book on the siege of sarajevo, smuggling therein. seems interesting

How much did capital letters cost? I see you only smuggled one in for Casablanca.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpelledBackwards
Jan 7, 2001

I figure the band Anal oval office has all the good, relevant material locked up already. I should've put good and material in scare quotes, though.

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Oh, the glory days of when we used to ban for this.

Amen, my 2001 reg date brother. 17 years in a couple days for me!