Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

best part:

quote:

Wunderlich rents his apartment. He leases his car. He owns his horse. He’s drawn to the rugged individualism expressed in the novels of Ayn Rand and the blog Cowboy Ethics, but he hastens to argue that while he profits off high-cost lending, he’s also improving the lives of subprime borrowers. He is, he writes in a mission statement on his personal website, “living in a Postmodern culture while maintaining my old American West roots and Christian values.”

usury, an excellent christian value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

howdoesishotweb posted:

:siren: Personal BWM alert :siren:

Buying resale concert tickets, seeing better tickets a few weeks later for less, buy the second pair convincing yourself the first will sell at a slight loss, which of course they never do. :cry:

On a side note, anyone in Pittsburgh like the red hot chili peppers :10bux:

you deserve it for buying rhcp tickets in tyool 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ate all the Oreos posted:

The Koch brothers have enough money that they could spend their entire lives partying with the best champagne and personal chefs and finest hookers in a different exotic location every day, including the goddamn space station, and still leave an inheritance large enough for their entire family line to do the same thing for at least 10 generations to come.

They instead spend their time and money on making more money and convincing poor people to vote in ways that get them more money at the expense of basically everything else.

That's exactly what these fucks do when they know they can afford any material product, they go for what doesn't have a real price tag and that's power and influence to change things to be the way they want them to be.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Jack2142 posted:

PEOPLE HATE PAYING TAXES TO THE POINT THEY ACTIVELY WASTE MONEY TO AVOID PAYING LESS IN TAXES THAN THE MONEY THEY WASTE.

Its insanely frustrating and honestly really retarded to the point where a couple of my friends spend ~ 2 hours a day commuting to Portland from Vancouver so they dont have to pay state income taxes. if you take the cost of running the car alone, not to mentioned wasted time it would just be easier to pay your drat taxes. The fact one of these people is an accountant makes it extra hilarious to myself.

washington residents have to pay oregon income tax if they work in oregon.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
What? you claimed wa residents commute to work in pdx to avoid paying taxes but they're not avoiding them

that commute is atrocious no matter how you slice it. vancouverites being dumb enough to not approve the light rail extension is even worse.

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 21:44 on May 12, 2017

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
mortgage interest deduction can only be claimed on two mortgages, right? so either their residence and one condo are eligible? and you're paying income tax on rent income, even if you pay more for the mortgage + property taxes than you actually earn?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

BaseballPCHiker posted:

A guy I work with had a seizure at work, due to some medical condition that I cant remember. I only live about a block away from him so I've been giving him rides to and from work and it's an entire commute filled with BWM stories but this has been my favorite so far:

About 5 minutes into a drive the other day he lets out an exasperated sigh and says "Well I couldn't get those concert tickets I wanted last week, I ended up having to buy another ferret".

almost as good as "if it weren't for my horse, i wouldn't have spent that year in college"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I feel like anyone who wants to own their own business should be forced to binge-watch Kitchen Nightmares and similar shows for a week straight. Just days and days of unprepared people on the brink of losing everything they have because they decided to open their own business despite having no idea how to run it.

I figure there are three outcomes: they change their mind, they work their asses off planning out their business model, or they just go "I'm going to do it right, not like those failures" and proceed to fail anyway.

I know I never want to have my own business.

I'll never understand how so many people get the insane idea of starting their own restaurant but have absolutely no clue how to do it. Like it's a really big badge of honor to tell other people you have a restaurant :smug:?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
if that's the only angle you look at it, i guess

but it's clearly detrimental to housing prices and encourages people to take out bigger loans, not to mention it's become a huge drain on taxes that could be collected.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

LLCoolJD posted:

There's a huge difference between not taxing someone for something and giving free things away to people.

To put it in the parlance of this thread, it is the difference between giving someone a free horse and refraining from taxing a horse owned by someone who paid for it in full with their own bad-with-money fund.

Ah yes "the only moral welfare is my welfare"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Oh yeah, the one that made it a crime to let someone else try out your gun at the range.

Yeah, lawyer. Or he could have just kept his mouth shut and nobody ever would have known, but too late for that.

it didnt actually do that

pocket the money, sell the ammo, disassemble the guns and throw the pieces off a bridge. not worth the legal headache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Xenocides posted:

Debbie gonna die.

debbie does diabeetus