Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

SlapActionJackson posted:

And this, folks, is why you don't share any information with your bank unless absolutely required.

lol how much money did you lose when your dodgy account got shut down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

SlapActionJackson posted:

Mind telling us which bank you work for that so highly values its customer relationships?

:qq:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

SpelledBackwards posted:

This thread: advocating guillotines like the French Revolution, but not being able to spell common French loanwords.

It's a meme from the Worst Lifehacks thread.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Get hosed, Jared.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Bird in a Blender posted:

Look at the Nissan CEO who Japan is going after for like $40 million in unpaid taxes. The guy had more money than 99.9% of the world, but he just had to have a little bit more.

Eh, I'm reasonably sure there's a heaping side element of "he pissed off the wrong people and so they came after him for something that everyone does and there was tacit acceptance of but was technically against the law" involved. Same kind of thing happened in Olympus when Woodford starting digging into their dirty laundry, and oh what a coincidence, Nissan just happens to want to get out of their existing partnerships at the moment and what better way than by saying "we don't trust this FOREIGN ceo you foisted on us and who led us back into healthy profitability now that he's a lawbreaker"?

The media here is pretty tightly controlled by business interests so you can be drat sure that nowhere near half the relevant info is ever going to be published.

Also change your username, you loving sadist <:mad:>

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

bob dobbs is dead posted:

"do japanese zoning"

You mean "no zoning beyond 'this developer delivered a briefcase full of cash and took me to a top-class brothel so I'm gonna sign whatever the gently caress he puts in front of me"?

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Good.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

GoutPatrol posted:

This isn't China.

http://urbankchoze.blogspot.com/2014/04/japanese-zoning.html

This seems very interesting and also shows the importance of a unitary, national policy on these things could be beneficial.

Interesting for sure but his whole discussion is in the theoretical context of "this model allows for X and Y and Z", whereas the actual result of those models plus Japanese bureaucrats is "haphazard placement of literally everything makes for butt-loving-ugly towns with the sole exception of areas where the median income is in the top 10%".

I'm sure my neighbourhood is covered by the same national plan as Den-en-chōfu and Azabujūban are, but for some reason mine has a child's collage of structures thrown together under several dozen strands of powerlines whereas the other two look more like actual neighbourhoods.

Does this topic have enough legs to warrant its own thread? I'll start one if so

E: vvvvvvvv What?

Weatherman fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Dec 17, 2018

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Shouldn't the thread title be "les petite mortgage"

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Guest2553 posted:

dream horses can quickly turn into night mares.

Booooooooo

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Motronic posted:

Ohhhhh...another fresh one.

Gave my father a large sum of money that I now believe I'll never get back. Where should I put my remaining savings? (self.personalfinance)

submitted 18 minutes ago by ThiccNhatHanh

And for the poster who can't seem to find these without a link......copy the title of the post and past it into teh googles. If you have a 'puter made in the last few years you can just put it up in that "eral bar" and everything will work out.

Lol at "'puter", like what the gently caress were you shooting for there motronic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Furia posted:

I would also like my corpse to remain thoroughly unsexed when I’m dead. Won’t be alive for that but it feels creepy as hell in life

I'm not sure if this is a deliberate self-own or an inadvertent one but either way, it's hilarious.