Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
So many good options out there, but somehow I'm a moderator.

In any case, now I see why mods come in to threads every now and then to knock heads together.

So try to keep the self-posting to a minimum, catfish?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's bird law.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcderLXiwa8

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Alright, so after reading through all the reports for BFC, which all seem to come out of this thread, I'd like to add:

-Self posts. Again, please watch the excessive self posts. If you must bring yourself in to it, please make it relevant to someone being bad with money.

- Politics. :gonk:
Good example: Post about someone who makes some financial decision based on changes they think the government is going to make, only to realize that it's the government and they screw everything up, costing that person money.
Bad example: Pushing your political ideology. I don't care if you're liberal, conservative, or whatever a Jill Stein is. But holy poo poo people get personal with their views. Leave that in D&D.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Probably the best $50 they ever spent, if they can learn from it.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I bet he was elated for the first couple days, then a bit less-so.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Enfys posted:

Oh good, this again.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

oRenj9 posted:

Zillow sent me an email with some pretty dope houseboats.

Sounds like a good idea for a thread.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There's someone in one of the IT threads who was making 6 figures and picked up a pretty big house in DFW for $200,000 before the prices started climbing. It seems like it's a matter of buying before the market realizes it could get more.

Think their home is underwater now? :downsrim:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Hoodwinker is a good poster posting good bad with money stories. Be good like Hoodwinker.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Y'all gonna get this thread locked for a time out if you can't behave like proper social outcasts.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

NancyPants posted:

Huh that's weird I'm pretty sure the SEC had a little something to say about selling life insurance as an "investment"

I hope it was "lol no"

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Propaniac posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/6wts3y/how_do_i_31_f_deal_with_my_sos_29_m_use_of_the/

We learned there were several others also offering bids, so we would have to buy it that night.

There is always one highlight in all of these stories, and I think I've found it.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Y'all want some bad with money?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-29/kik-expects-to-boost-funding-bring-legitimacy-to-coin-offerings

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Because it's an ICO, or something more specific?

E: they're selling credit to use on the services in their marketplace. It's like gift cards on a blockchain, roughly.

Well that will teach me to skim. I figured it was funding through Bitcoin and we all know what happens when Bitcoin comes in to play.

How about a blast from the past, re: renting furniture

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/stories-from-renttoown/1/

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Guest2553 posted:

Burger king introduced their own cryptocurrency in Russia. Surprisingly it seems more financially sound than most cryptocurrencies since it's at least backed by Real Beef(c).

I support the Beef Standard

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Yawgmoth posted:

This is a pro click. 7 pages of pure BWM straight into my tear ducts.

Anyone interested in making a contribution to Comedy Goldmine? I sort of stopped reading 'em all a number of years ago, but we've got some HOF level content here.

TB is gone for a few days. When he/she/it returns, please don't feed the dinosaur troll.

Weatherman posted:

Put TB on ignore for fucks sake. Hell, put me on ignore too if it makes you feel better. Just stop responding to them so this thread (too) stops getting clogged up with slap fights.

Please heed this cool and good poster's advice

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 31, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Colin Mockery posted:

I don't see why you feel the need to be a huge douchebag with the "he/she/it" garbage, though.

Subjunctive posted:

TB and I obviously aren't the best of friends, but misgendering and de-personing her is some bullshit. You can give your mod guidance in a way that's not demeaning.

I don't know anything about that poster's identity, so does that not cover everything?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Cut the D&D poo poo

Please :3:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

You can look forward to sorting through piles of bitcoins on the courtroom floor during your future divorce.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

The value of CryptoChat is rapidly declining, I suggest everyone dump their position ASAP.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Hay guys, quit horsing around. Can we get a stable conversation about BWM going?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

wait is that real?

I gotta watch the video. He could use the money, I guess.

edit this guy's voice and face are annoying, people watch his poo poo every day?? how?

edit2: hahahaha oh my god this is so fantastic

edit3: the fake / real whatever the gently caress crying :discourse:

The only person I feel bad for in all this is whoever has to go through and watch all that guy's videos. Did this guy learn about taxes watching sitcoms?

Okay, Marge, if anybody asks, you require 24-hour nursing care, Lisa's a clergyman, Maggie is seven people and Bart was wounded in Vietnam.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Clearly her snake oil has cured her of knuckle wrinkles.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

How else are you going to raise them to be a miniature version of your failed dreams?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Is this the untimely end of the banking and financial system? :monocle:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Yeah but you just got to topple the system man. They're so vulnerable and they don't even know it.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Too many good quotes lately to stick with one thread title

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

ohgodwhat posted:

Why do you think he paid social security and Medicare taxes?

Probably an accident.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

I know people like this. Not $17k bad, but holy poo poo the money they've spent.

I don't think it's the games as much as having stuff no one else has and filling up whole wall shelving units with box after box. It's a form of hoarding. A friend of mine will bring all kinds of obscure and overly complex board games to get togethers when all I want to play is Axis & Allies.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAv75JPw-QQ

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Doom Hospital?!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Time to dig this back up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad6bpsQmV5Q

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I'm sure everyone is aware, but just a reminder that we have a contest going: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825254

It started off hot and there hasn't been much activity, so if anyone has any historical BWM, please share.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

DarkHorse posted:

Yes.

Oh gently caress I forgot the hilarious part:

This same woman was the mother of three kids. Even before she quit, she bought generic store-brand beefaroni for them and bought name-brand for herself, hiding it on the top shelf where they couldn't see it.

I know the other stuff is more bad with money but hot drat this one is mean. It's supposed to be the other way around. Give your kids the better one and eat the cheap stuff yourself.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

100k is a high salary. This isn't jealousy posting, I make more than that. I just acknowledge that it's way more than the median income, and that any and all financial woes are my own doing.

You had to go and do it.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Please. Just talk about bread.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Krispy Kareem posted:

Wait, is that permission to talk about how much dough we make?

Because if I made 16,666 loaves of it, I'd almost be rich.

New topic for discussion: What would you all do if you won 16,666 loaves of bread?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Moneyball posted:

New topic for discussion: What would you all do if you won 16,666 loaves of bread?

Myself, I would solve the Syrian bread crisis.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Already read it.

Volmarias posted:

To play devil's advocate, sometimes your kids actively demand the garbage and get upset if you try to give them something good (or just don't eat more than two bites before being "done").

However, hiding the good stuff from them unless it's a kind of food you don't want them to have at all (soda, etc) is horribly indicative...

Same, it's an interesting read.

Self-posting here, but if my parents wanted something specific for themselves like Yodels or Ring Dings or something, they would have to hide them because my ravenous teenage self would eat them all. But they never did that generic for me, name brand for them thing.

Also thanks to those who added to the Ye Olde BWM contest

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOasFe_E6w