Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

joehonkie posted:

Crisis on Two Earths

To be fair, it's soured slightly upon learning James Woods is actually Owlman, but drat, it makes the performance feel real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Codependent Poster posted:

John C. McGinley is so much more than Dr. Cox.

He was also Niles Crane's childhood bully

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Codependent Poster posted:

John C. McGinley is so much more than Dr. Cox.

I think he gets his balls crushed in Highlander II.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://youtu.be/2bCwyzT0Z6E

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

Most of the direct to DVD DC cartoon movies are really bad

I LOVED New Frontier, Under the Red Hood, and Batman: Assault on Arkham (the Suicide Squad movie I wished the real Suicide Squad movie would have been).

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I enjoyed most of what I've watched but I haven't been keeping up. The only one I really disliked was Flashpoint.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

None of the Batman focused ones aside from I guess under the red hood are worth watching

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
New Frontier is just a worse version of the comic. All Star Superman too. They're probably still the best ones, though, because the comics they're based on are so strong and have such striking imagery.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

A pox on all houses that do not namedrop Point Break when discussing John C. McGinley!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The two that I've seen most recently, Justice League vs. Teen Titans and Wonder Woman, were pretty bad. Teen Titans was made in 2016 but for some reason featured a ten minute long Dance Dance Revolution scene. And Wonder Woman made the bold creative decisions that Steve Trevor should be an rear end in a top hat, Paradise Island should actually be terrible, and they should defeat the god of war by doing war against him

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonder Woman is considered one of the good ones too.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dan Didio posted:

New Frontier is just a worse version of the comic. All Star Superman too. They're probably still the best ones, though, because the comics they're based on are so strong and have such striking imagery.

Can't speak on All Star, but yeah, even if The New Frontier movie is worse than the comic, it still ends up pretty darn good, or watchable at least.

It also comes with commentary by Darwyn Cooke and it is nice hearing him explain the hows and whys of the adaptation.

I thought Crisis On Two Earths was pretty good, but the Spectre short that was included kinda outshone it. Not to mention that Batman arguably murders two dudes.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 30, 2017

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Unlucky7 posted:

Not to mention that Batman arguably murders two dudes.

That was pretty much my only complaint about Crisis but I loved everything else about it.

I actually didn't like New Frontier at all despite liking the comic. They tried to exactly emulate the art style from the comic book and somehow it didn't work in motion for me.

They canceled the second batch of Gods and Monsters web shorts (there were going to be ten) and that makes me bitter because I loved that so much. It managed to do something far more totally different than the usual alternate universe thing. I just bought all the comics so I should read them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I enjoyed Crisis on Two Earths, Justice League: Doom, Under the Red Hood, Superman/Batman: Apocalypse, both New 52 Justice League movies, Assault on Arkham, Justice League Dark, and Batman: Year One. Year One is my favorite.

I haven't seen the Judas Contract yet.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Assault on Arkham was my favourite.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dan Didio posted:

The Justice League episode with Deadman had one of my favourite jokes ever.

I don't know what you're talking abouI NEED YOUR HELP

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Why has no one mentioned the best one return of the caped crusader?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
My favorite is Under The Red Hood and no, I'm not Tzizitme alt account.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

bobkatt013 posted:

Why has no one mentioned the best one return of the caped crusader?

Oh yes. That one is so good. Right up there with Return to the Batcave.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Samuringa posted:

My favorite is Under The Red Hood and no, I'm not Tzizitme alt account.

How do you feel about titty physics in video games?

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wasn't that Suicide Squad in all but name one decent?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lightning Lord posted:

Do you like Deadshot a lot? Do you think he's the coolest and Harley Quinn should date Deadshot instead of the Joker because Deadshot could beat up the Joker and Batman? If so, then yeah

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Yikes. I like John Ostrander Squad. No Harley Squad for me

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Guy Goodbody posted:

Do you like Deadshot a lot? Do you think he's the coolest and Harley Quinn should date Deadshot instead of the Joker because Deadshot could beat up the Joker and Batman? If so, then yeah

Yes to all those things.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Yikes. I like John Ostrander Squad. No Harley Squad for me

It's kind of a cross between the Ostrander and New 52 eras. Of course Harley is on the team, but it's rounded out by a completely badass, antiheroic Deadshot (voiced by Neal McDonough), Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, King Shark, and Black Tarantula, with Amanda Waller as a looming, dangerous presence in the background. Joker is there too, of course, given the nature of the plot, as are most of Batman's other villains.

Deadshot is one of my favorite DC characters, so the movie was full of mark-out moments for me, far more than the actual Suicide Squad movie.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lightning Lord posted:

Yeah it was alright. It helps that the current violent tone of DCs animation is a better fit for Suicide Squad than most of their other stuff.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JordanKai posted:

I think he gets his balls crushed in Highlander II.

By Darkseid, no less!

I also really love McGinley's performance in that JLU episode. "This must be your fault!" "How is it my fault?!" "Well otherwise it's my fault, and that can't be right, I'm a professor!"

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

By Darkseid, no less!

I also really love McGinley's performance in that JLU episode. "This must be your fault!" "How is it my fault?!" "Well otherwise it's my fault, and that can't be right, I'm a professor!"

Honestly, it's an honor and a strange mercy to have one's balls crushed by Darkseid.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

Harley should date anybody other than the Joker.

Roth fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 31, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Squizzle posted:

Honestly, it's an honor and a strange mercy to have one's balls crushed by Darkseid.

Darkseidcrushedmyballs dot geocities dot com.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPL8uL1h8FA
Its weird seeing the old DCAU style in a new DC cartoon movie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wrong sounding Harley Quinn is wrong. Especially when paired with Conroy.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'll take anything over Tara Strong.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Wrong sounding Harley Quinn is wrong. Especially when paired with Conroy.

THANK YOU!!!!!

It's just so grating.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was grating before. You just got used to it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

It was grating before. You just got used to it.

It was, but it..fit? This is just kind of weird.

I actually liked Tara's VO work in Injustice 2 :shrug: and it's kind of odd that she didn't do this, it's not like she would have turned it down.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 31, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's like a rule that one of the leads has to be "famous" in these things now. If she was secondary it probably would still be Strong.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

It's like a rule that one of the leads has to be "famous" in these things now. If she was secondary it probably would still be Strong.

Definitely famous in quotes, because I had to look up the voice actress just to tell who it even is, and was uh, underwhelmed.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:00 on May 31, 2017

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
That is a horrifically made trailer. Like sub-fan level bad. It almost feels like a trailer for a movie that was made out of contractual obligation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Everything about this new Batman/Harley movie has been a colossal pile of bad tbh

• Locked thread