Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How did WB get away with making such a good cartoon like JLU? I thought I had nostalgia goggles for it but it's genuinely well done and the voice acting is stellar.
Like the episode where Circe turns Wonder Woman into a pig is genuinely and intentionally funny while the overall plot of the first season is super interesting and well developed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I really enjoyed going back and watching JLA/U, but it made me sad because I watched it right after Superman, and I saw the slow transition from BTAS style classic animation to digital animation in the JLU era and man, it's really night and day.

I felt similarly sad when the JLA intro and musical motif got changed for GuitarRiff3 from free music samples dot com.

JLU's buttrock theme and incidental music was like, the second best part of the show

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Had totally forgotten how JLU did use the Super Friends C-Listers in a super cool way

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man but did JL/JLU forget many many times that J'onn is as supposed to be about as strong as Superman

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also WOW this cartoon loved its cheesecake and sexual double entendres

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Bruce Timm's Black Canary design made me a man.
:yeah:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Luthor clowning on Superman with his Lexor City is so good and the battle between Captain Marvel and Supes is loving incredible holy poo poo

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
In this analogy who'd be Storm being incapacitated by being placed in a small room while Cyclops shouts NO! SHE HAS CLAUSTROPHOBIA! before losing their poo poo and being I AM THE ELEMENTS I AM STOOOORM

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Clancy Brown was just perfect as Lex, just in how confident he was
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeDNfhCwm_c

It's the later line, "I had to get my power suit" that really cemented Clancy Brown's legacy as the best Luthor in all media

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

Look its hard to hit 1.000 but damned if they came close; I always like the little things too like how the Atom was voiced by Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

I think he also voices a Bill O'Reilly type

Man I forgot this show described Flash's skills as a sexual lover, and by inaction, Lex's as well.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

John C. McGinley is so much more than Dr. Cox.

He was also Niles Crane's childhood bully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Now I'm watching the original Justice League season and the art is all weird. Superman has weird cheekbones and all the women are normal sized instead of tiny pixy creatures with legs to Mars

• Locked thread