Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

max landis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmbUEYYMZG4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I don't know anything about retail or psychology, but it seems kinda obvious to me that if you get someone to come to your store twice in quick succession, it's way more likely that they'll come back a third time

It's a question of whether they'll come back a second time at all. Like a good chunk of people might come in on FCD and then buy some sale items also, but if there was just ads for a sale next week they'll come in, take some free comics then leave and not think about it again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Given that there's a lot of stories where Dr Strange travels through time, is there a story where someone else (or Strange himself) travels back to grab a pre-injury Dr Strange to perform a difficult surgery?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I need a good long run on Marvel Unlimited, I've already read most of the obvious stuff (all the classic Kirby, Lee, Ditko, Simonson's Thor, Miller and Bendis' Daredevil, Claremont X-Men, most everything Bendis now that I think about it). I'm going to be answering phones all day tomorrow and there should be a decent amount of down time between calls so I need a something to entertain me that's easy to drop and pickup again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mover posted:

You could also do the complete Kid Loki saga, then go into young avengers->agent of asgard.

I've already read all that and I was specifically looking to avoid stuff with crossovers, just 30 some odd issues of decent storytelling and art.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If you read Bendis' New Avengers, then read Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts, Matt Fraction's Invincible Iron Man (at least #1-19), and Jonathan Hickman's Secret Warriors, which all tie in and out of it.
Ed Brubaker's Daredevil (picks up right where Bendis left off), and then Mark Waid's.
Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.
Peter Milligan and Mike Allred's X-Force/X-Statix.
Ed Brubaker's Captain America.
Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker's Immortal Iron Fist.
Matt Fraction's Hawkeye.
Dan Slott's She-Hulk (at least the first 12 issues are excellent and fun, and the rest ranges from good to okay), and then Charles Soule's.
Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Yeah this is my problem I've read everything in this post. I need some super deep cuts. I'm gonna check out Exiles, it doesn't have any crossovers early one does it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

I don't recall it having any until House of M, which I think is around the 70s?

Awesome, the no crossover thing is just because I'll be reading on a tablet and Marvel Unlimited is still an annoying rear end app to use for crossovers. I read Kraven's Last Hunt a couple months ago and I spent almost as much time trying to find the next issue as I did reading any of them. (Good story btw, If they added a way to share "playlists" for lack of a better word Marvel Unlimited would be the best loving thing ever instead of just being pretty awesome)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

I feel like a spoiler-free review thread would be a neat idea, if only just so people can look to see if a new comic is interesting or not without having any actual plot details spoiled.

No one would be able to have discussions, which wouldn't motivate people to post, it would just be people yelling into the void, so eventually it'd just be Dark Anime Tits saying that the most recent Red Hood comic was awesome.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Is Dark modifying Anime or Tits?

Dark_Tzitzimine

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Did I post this already? I can't remember

Anyways, met Matt Wagner at C2E2, told him what an impact his work gad on me 20 years ago and how much I loved the Mage series. He seemed genuinely touched by my story because he shook my hand then stood up and gave me a hug. Very wonderful man, and signed both my Mage HCs.

MOST OF YOU ALREADY KNOW MY REAL NAME SO I DON'T CARE

Don't worry about your real name, I will only throw out the watched all of Smallville thing when I want to cast shade on your opinions .

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

IT SEEMED LIKE A GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME

:godwin:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Al Capp creeped on a 19 year-old Goldie Hawn when she was just starting out acting.

http://people.com/movies/goldie-hawn-remembers-casting-couch-sexual-predator-who-left-her-in-tears-at-19/

quote:

I was 19. I went up for the ‘meet,’ and it was so scary...He took off his business clothes and came in in, like, a dressing gown. I got the picture, and I thought, ‘I’m in trouble. Where’s the door?’...Then he wanted me to show my legs, and I said, ‘You know, Mr. Capp, I don’t know. I don’t think so,’ and then I sat down and he wanted me to give him a kiss, and I went, ‘I don’t do this. I’m sorry.’

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RandallODim posted:

loving hell, this is the worst derail, my podcast just did an episode on favorite costumes and character designs, what are some people's favorites, I like Namor, please just can we move on

OG Spider-Man, Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

On the other hand, yeesh at that Gamora.

That's actually a fairly modest version of her costume before the movies. her original design was basically Vampirella with a cloak.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Lobo in Justice League is very...strange and out of place.
Wolverine in every team that isn't filled with mutants (and even some of those)

Open Marriage Night posted:

Spider-Man being on a team at all.

Bendis' New Avengers was my favorite Avengers line up ever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gavok posted:

A few months ago, I mentioned that my brother wrote and directed a movie that was shown at Sundance and got picked up by Fox Searchlight for a shitload of money. Welp, now Patti Cake$ has a trailer.

Originally, the movie was supposed to come out on July 7, but it got pulled back to August 18. Probably for the better not to come out the same day as Spider-Man.

So anyway, go see it.

On my phone so I can't watch right now,but I wanted to quote this to make it easier to find later and offer congratulations to your friend.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

I really enjoyed going back and watching JLA/U, but it made me sad because I watched it right after Superman, and I saw the slow transition from BTAS style classic animation to digital animation in the JLU era and man, it's really night and day.

I felt similarly sad when the JLA intro and musical motif got changed for GuitarRiff3 from free music samples dot com.

JLA had the worst intro of any of the DCAU shows.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I know that's technically a Batman Beyond spin-off, but you know what I loving meant.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Man but did JL/JLU forget many many times that J'onn is as supposed to be about as strong as Superman

Justice League often forgot Superman was supposed to be as strong as Superman.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but for once the world of cardboard defense actually works.

I was more talking about him constantly getting jobbed like Worf in the first season of Justice League.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alhazred posted:

:byodood:Too late (nws link by the way)

Is that Barbarella? because I don't think she was big on "dating."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

John C. McGinley is so much more than Dr. Cox.

Yeah, he's also that completely useless guy in Robocop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Now I'm watching the original Justice League season and the art is all weird. Superman has weird cheekbones and all the women are normal sized instead of tiny pixy creatures with legs to Mars

I like Batman's long as hell ears and the 2 inch heels on his boots.

• Locked thread