Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Just the example on hand. Apply to anybody on any book. I know someone here needs to tell the world all about this month's Zombie Tramp.

Anyway, just saying such a thread would probably need to be more formal and focused than a regular old discussion thread.

Something like a micro-Film Dump for comics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Also lol at the idea people change their political opinions for no reason. For some vague growing up.

Just say you want to like his stories, don't give a half assed excuse.

No-one said that. In fact, she literally said the OPPOSITE of that. That because things (or 'reasons') occur during their lifetime that cause them to change.

For instance, I think many of us probably didn't think twice about using the word 'retarded' a few years ago as a general pejorative term, but most of us probably don't do that anymore. Gosh, that must be for no reason, and not because we learned and heard things that made us go "hmm, maybe we should not do that anymore".

Now, is there every likelihood Spencer hasn't changed THAT much from his political position of a decade ago? Sure, but acting like no human being has ever changed their opinion after the age of 16 is breathtakingly stupid.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Acting like people change for no reason is dumb. Assuming sonething that soured a change happened randomly is just as dumb.Could he have changed? Probably not, he'll it's more likely he is worst.

Oh, so you're exactly the same person you were a decade ago in all ways? I mean, it's dumb to assume anything major could've happened to you in that time, right? So you must think exactly the same about literally everything as you did then, because you took in no new information or experiences since then? Because, as we all know, once you hit adulthood your long term memory stops working like that guy from Memento.

You see how absurd that argument is? Please tell me you're not so obtuse as to literally be arguing that human beings do not grow or learn after adulthood because, like... I actually don't know how to debate that level of ignorance.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 13, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To atone for my part in the really bad part of the derail, I will submit the Darwyn Cooke Catwoman design which is breathtakingly perfect in how it's redefined how the character looks, and really, how she's portrayed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I also really like the classic Nightwing design (ie the black and blue one that's in the current book). It's a fascinatingly perfect blend of Batman and Robin aesthetic elements, I think.

In weird ones, I actually really like the Jewel design from Alias and am kind of sad it's never getting on screen after that joke about it being a stripper costume in season 1 of JJ.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
On the other hand, yeesh at that Gamora.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, that's actually a good one, the recent Vampirella revamp from the Kate Leth run was good. It's basically a red denim romper with a bat belt buckle and manages to be kinda modern and sexy without feeling skeevy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's an odd opinion, I know, but I've never liked the Cass Batgirl outfit, the outlined symbol and messy stitched up mouth just look unpleasant to me and not in a "Bat-folks should be intimidating" way like Batwoman's pale vampire thing. And on the other side, I actually really love the Stephanie one with the purple panels on the side.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Don't worry, once you get to the third season, he's voiced by Joey from Full House.

Also Egon is the Brain.

Also, don't be scared of Janine's pointy glasses, they fix that at that point too. (They actually got network notes telling them that kids were scared by sharp things so Janine needed to have round frames. Also that she needed to be redesigned to dress less "slutty" and not argue or trade quips with the guys.)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
JMS quit over that network interference and only came back on condition he be allowed to fix what they'd done to Janine, so he wrote an episode where the 'nice' Janine turns out to be because she had a genie change her to try and make Egon like her more.

It's worth looking up some of the stuff from the Real Ghostbusters DVD set to see the production team talk about it and there's articles online about the group ABC hired to help them improve their kids' lineup (Q5).

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 25, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Was Louis ever in the show or was he just movie thing?

They added him in the last season, maybe the second to last.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

JordanKai posted:

I think he gets his balls crushed in Highlander II.

By Darkseid, no less!

I also really love McGinley's performance in that JLU episode. "This must be your fault!" "How is it my fault?!" "Well otherwise it's my fault, and that can't be right, I'm a professor!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Am I crazy or was that movie supposed to have Sorkin as Harley originally? I swear they did a behind the scenes where they showed early clips and it sounded like her, albeit a little out of practice compared to Strong.

• Locked thread