Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I was just thinking about that because I played UItimate Alliance 2 recently and Wade is one of the characters who gets unique bonuses from being Pro-Registration.

How recently did the idea that Wade and Cap are really good friends come about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I love that people are treating Nick Spencer like's a dumb kid who might have matured and not a grown rear end adult running for political office at the time.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Was Taters posted:

People continue to grow after 25. loving shocking I know but there's all these decades where poo poo happens to and around them.

Congrats to Nick Spencer on growing from a kind of creepy racist into a weirdo Nazi lover.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Nick Spencer isn't a nazi lover, he just doesn't want anyone to punch them and thinks they're really cool and he'd like to hug and maybe kiss them a little or a lot.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

'Lee/Kirby/Gruenwald/Whoever did it first' is a really meaningless response to criticism of Spencer and his like because it doesn't actually address any of the actual problems people have with Spencer and his ilk. It's a very superficial argument that doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

Kind of like your "Nick Spencer sure does love Nazis and wants to hug Nazis and wants to kiss Nazis and cuddle in Swastika flannels with his beloved Nazis" response? I mean, I'm a lot more accepting of Nazi-punching than Nick Spencer, but I don't want (for instance) Geoff Johns to get punched in the face or otherwise brutalized despite writing a lot of lovely comics. What base do I dream of getting to with Geoff Johns? Just hands stuff?

Geoff Johns writing is bad, but I'm going to have to disagree with you here that it's comparable to Neo-Nazism.

That wasn't in response to you, just a thought about that sentiment that I've seen around a lot lately.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

There are women Nazis.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

purple death ray posted:

I don't really read Marvel and I am admittedly pretty ignorant about Secret Empire and this whole situation but as a matter of principle, if the guy writing Captain America doesn't think people should punch Nazis in the face there's a huge problem somewhere in the process.

Hm, I agree. Glad we've all reached this mutual understanding and can now move on with our lives.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

You guys seen the trailer for that Death Note movie?

It's not looking good

I saw the trailer and have never seen anything Death Note before and thought it looked incredibly wack.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

RandallODim posted:

loving hell, this is the worst derail, my podcast just did an episode on favorite costumes and character designs, what are some people's favorites, I like Namor, please just can we move on

I like Captain America's fish-scaled look, the Future Foundation iteration of the Fantastic Four and the current Thor.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

RandallODim posted:

Future Foundation F4 is actually a really great one I didn't think of, and both Odinson and Thor's outfits were high contenders for my faves. What about the fishscale Cap in particular do you like?

I don't know, really. I was never big on it when I used to read Cap comics, but I've really come around on it lately, mostly because so many recent Cap costumes are so heavily inspired by the movie costumes, which I think all try to solve the same problem; that Cap's costume is two big expanses of blue seperated by the white and red bars, differently. I don't really dig on the military aesthetic, although I do like the Civil War suit, I'd like to see it lighter. I think the scales do a lovely job of breaking up the blue a bit and they eschew the military aesthetic for a more virtuous knightly one, which ironically, fits Cap way better than just another super soldier suit.

Although, that said, I did like the 'Steve Rogers: Super Soldier' costume that was pretty much lifted from the films.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

To atone for my part in the really bad part of the derail, I will submit the Darwyn Cooke Catwoman design which is breathtakingly perfect in how it's redefined how the character looks, and really, how she's portrayed.

It's insanely good.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That's a really fun Thanos.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

That empty infinity gauntlet tells a whole story all by itself.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I lowkey think Cap looked best in the films when he was in his jacket and jeans ensemble from the middle part of Winter Soldier.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Did Renee ever get reintroduced?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

The best Justice League only had batman and a bunch of b listers and one new god

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sciver's been a known piece of poo poo for over a decade now.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I read Wonder Woman: Earth One. It's good

It is.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

The Justice League episode with Deadman had one of my favourite jokes ever.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

New Frontier is just a worse version of the comic. All Star Superman too. They're probably still the best ones, though, because the comics they're based on are so strong and have such striking imagery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

TwoPair posted:

I don't know what you're talking abouI NEED YOUR HELP

Yeah, that and the payoff near the end of the episode.

• Locked thread