Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Roth posted:

So you're saying that all the comics at your store are free the entire month?

It'd be funny if we didn't have to tell a bunch of people that is not the case every FCBD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

FCBD is nutso. I'm dressed as Batman, we have the Detroit Ghostbusters, and we're located on a busy street, so we pull in a ton of people wanting pictures. The kids are so cute my mouth hurts from smiling so much. Couple of them kindly reminded me that Batman doesn't smile.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Given that there's a lot of stories where Dr Strange travels through time, is there a story where someone else (or Strange himself) travels back to grab a pre-injury Dr Strange to perform a difficult surgery?

Not that I know of, but there was a recent issue where he recruits Thor to perform surgery for him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Deadpool, on the other hand, is just that stupid.

Didn't someone say that Deadpool thinks that if Cap has joined Hydra that he has some secret plan to take it down from the inside, so he'll play his part?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Probably the The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly arc of Deadpool.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

He's always been cool with me. Drew me a free Flash headshot, and another time we discussed revamping the Legion of Super Pets.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Almost any character named Captain Marvel has looked amazing. Also, Spider-Man has looked good in almost every costume he's had.

I'm also really fond of Flash/Reverse Flash, Daredevil, Bullseye, Juggernaut, tan or X-Force Wolverine, and Mister Miracle.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's everyone's favourite example of a superhero being put in an unusual team for them? I kinda liked Namor in X-Men and I liked Beast in the Avengers.

Spider-Man being on a team at all.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Only a couple of chronic contrarians.

Just me. The guy who likes the books he reads, so he doesn't have much to complain about.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

My shameful secret is that I don't care for The Invisibles.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Exactly.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It's Motor CIty Comic-con weekend.

My friend Brooke was struggling with self image after her bad divorce from my former best friend. Gal Gadot's appearance as Wonder Woman in BvS inspired her. She got to work both on herself and this costume. She lost 60 pounds and made nearly every part of this outfit from scratch. I am super proud of her and from what some other friends in attendance have said she is getting mobbed for photos and rightly so as she looks great.

I'll be there tomorrow. My friends wife would love to get a picture with her.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Rhyno posted:

Hey man, she did Fri and Sat in full costume both days so today she's attending as a fan.

Really? My friends wife got a picture with someone that looked a lot like her.

Had a pretty good time. Dave Gibbons is the nicest dude. Has a chair set up infront of his table, so people can sit and talk to him. Yanick Paquette is working on a Wonder Woman Earth One sequel. Totally forgot about Fabok, and Andy Lanning drew a big rear end Nova head in my friends hardcover.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Guys, Michael Rooker posted a video of himself holding my friends baby, who is holding a Yondu toy on Instagram. Wigglewigglewiggle.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

That baby is destined for a life of SPACE ADVENTURES.

No word on if he gave her back.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

JMS wrote for some Canadian show based off that toyline where the screen would flash and it'd interact with the toys. Captain something or other. One of the last episodes has one of the characters sacrifice herself to save everyone else. JMS drew from an experience where his friend killed herself while on the phone with him.

That's how I ruined my day by wiki'ing a toy I saw advertised in a 80's Spider-Man book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I'll just be happy when you're known for more than just complaining about stuff.

I'll still make fun of JMS's Superman, but he got a lot of sympathy from me out of a show hardly anyone heard of.

• Locked thread