Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aunt May's wheatcakes station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's really loving cool.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

This thread feels like it's pandering what with all the old character cameos crammed into it for no reason.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Marvel emailed me today about Secret Empire with the blurb "The heroes of the Marvel Universe are about to get hit by a giant twist: Captain America is working with HYDRA! How will they react? Who will rise up to oppose the super-soldier? Or will some people decide to stand by Cap?" and simultaneously I thought how much more enjoyable the Civil Wars would've been if Marvel were willing to make one side the Confederacy rather than trying to poorly sit on the fence between viewpoints, and how interesting an exploration of fascism it would be to have an event where people gather on the clearly wrong side due to blind faith in how Marvel itself has built Captain America up to always be right.

Of course it will just be a bunch of costumed clowns hitting each other yelling "we don't have to do this! Stand down!" at each other until Captain America commits suicide.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

A nazi mind wizard did it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

It's pronounced Dark Tits Anime :colbert:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I love Mr Sinister's costume. An artist can make it look really naff, but overall I think it's a really strong design - a simple motif, comparatively restrained palette, a cloak that's markedly different and fills frames, and a solid villain collar pop. The details of it vary constantly from what material his pants are to even whether the blue is highlighted black or the black is shadowed blue, but the core costume elements are so strong you can bolt them onto almost anything and it would be identifiably Sinister.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The X-Men have a lot of terrible costumes where it fluctuates between everyone having a themed uniform that really makes them pop as a team but doesn't highlight anyone, and everyone having an individual costume that is sabotaged with X motifs plastered to no end on every single belt buckle, armour joint, or clothing seam. Storm's Extraordinary X-Men one is a good example, where it's overall a decent costume using her traditional colours, but every time I see it I'm like is Storm still in the X-Men? because it's not a team uniform, but I'm reminded that yes she is because she has giant shields on her hips for no reason other than they have Xs on them, and her tool belts make an X and also her top is a cleverly hidden X and I think ok, just one of these would have been enough for a costume that isn't a team uniform. Magik's costume is the same. Colossus' I'm like why did you even bother making his shirt an X because he's wearing the traditional X-Men belt directly beneath it - at that point you're not even being clever about this, you just thought it was a great design motif and plastered it on everyone regardless.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Timeless Appeal posted:

Look, I'd honestly really enjoy a good defense of the cape. I'm not arguing against it on dumb tactical realism reasons. I love Captain Marvel's costume. It's just this overly ornate thing and ultimately distracts.
It's overly ornate because it's modeled on ceremonial capes to pair with his (original) military-style buttoned lapel. He was designed to look like a fantasy military and nobleman using cultural touchpoints that no longer exist.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I would go one further and tell Wesley to shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

That's Paul McCrane.

• Locked thread