Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr Hootington posted:

My favorite part about the comic book i'm not reading is "heroes" siding with Hydra because Captain America is.

Nick Fury Sr. is drilling a hole to the moon's core as we speak.

It took till just now for me to realize what a travesty it is that there isn't a Nick Fury And His Howling Commandos tie-in of them loving a chance to kill Hydra Nazis again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ms Marvel and Moon Girl have that tie-in instead.

If Devil Dinosaur eats a Hydra goon on panel I guess that'll get me reading Moon Girl.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Open Marriage Night posted:

Didn't someone say that Deadpool thinks that if Cap has joined Hydra that he has some secret plan to take it down from the inside, so he'll play his part?

That definitely sounds like the kind of reasoning Duggan-penned Deadpool would have.

Meanwhile back in Civil War Wade was pro-reg cuz they gave him a badge, which is honestly my favorite motivation in that entire event.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
loving hell, this is the worst derail, my podcast just did an episode on favorite costumes and character designs, what are some people's favorites, I like Namor, please just can we move on

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dan Didio posted:

I like Captain America's fish-scaled look, the Future Foundation iteration of the Fantastic Four and the current Thor.

Future Foundation F4 is actually a really great one I didn't think of, and both Odinson and Thor's outfits were high contenders for my faves. What about the fishscale Cap in particular do you like?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah, I'm not super sold on the Drax, though I love the championship belt look, but all the rest of those are fantastic, especially drifter pilgrim Thanos.

Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider is another good mention, because I will never stop wanting that hoodie.

Dan Didio posted:

I don't know, really. I was never big on it when I used to read Cap comics, but I've really come around on it lately, mostly because so many recent Cap costumes are so heavily inspired by the movie costumes, which I think all try to solve the same problem; that Cap's costume is two big expanses of blue seperated by the white and red bars, differently. I don't really dig on the military aesthetic, although I do like the Civil War suit, I'd like to see it lighter. I think the scales do a lovely job of breaking up the blue a bit and they eschew the military aesthetic for a more virtuous knightly one, which ironically, fits Cap way better than just another super soldier suit.

Although, that said, I did like the 'Steve Rogers: Super Soldier' costume that was pretty much lifted from the films.

Agreed on all counts; military Cap really only works for me in an explicit WWII/pulp throwback way. Steve Rogers, Head of SHIELD was also a pretty mediocre outfit, which is doubly unfortunate because SHIELD jumpsuits are one of my favorite generic comic book uniforms.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Mr. Maltose posted:

New Fantastic Four with Champions as a close second, but that's more the entire team being unusual? Also random dudes joining the Defenders.

Spy-Universe Nick Fury joining Fraction's Defenders is something I am always heartbroken we didn't get to have more of.

Yvonmukluk posted:

What's your podcast called? Sounds interesting.

Panel By Panel. We're a quartet of English MAs who like comics and hearing ourselves talk, so we decided to put together a podcast about approaching comics with a lens of critical academic analysis. I'd recommend either the ATTITUDE ERA or EC Comics episode for what's probably our best episodes so far, but I'm very excited for the one we recorded this past week on Liz Suburbia's Sacred Heart, which is a loving stellar comic and a fantastic subject for hour-long meandering conversation. We've got another episode between now and then about our favorite B-List characters, though, so it'll be a few weeks before that one's up.

But seriously read Sacred Heart, it's so great.

RandallODim fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
What the DCAU was really missing was lovingly rendered upskirt rear end-grabbing.

• Locked thread