Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If you liked Mike Carey's urban fantasy work, his novels are excellent beach reading material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I personally think knowing that people are poo poo and not giving them money is a net positive to society but the seeming need for constant vigilance can be an understandably exhausting concept.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Zachack posted:

Do you think that Barack Obama should be shunned for saying he was against gay marriage during his campaign in 2008?

Yes but only if he once thought a lesbian was going to pull a gun out of a trash can to shoot him with.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Kai Tave posted:

I can't actually tell if you're trying to drive at a point and failing so I'll just say that this is a thread about comics and a discussion about comic book writers and artists, and I guess other media creators as well since someone mentioned Roman Polanski, so I'm not sure why you brought up noted former President of the United States Barack Obama who to the best of my knowledge doesn't actually have any comic books to his name.

As far as I can tell the point seems to be we should just mindlessly consume media without any analysis because actually everyone is bad.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
If only Spencer was engaged in some kind of work where his views on culture and politics could be expressed, like some sort of creative artistic endeavor. Alas. Alack. We'll just never know.

EDIT: I would address your original argument's fallacy that Obama's anti-gay marriage stance held any belief stronger than 'What I Should Say To Become President' but the Morrison comparison is apt and is actually worse than you state, considering that's the book with the literal death sperm.

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 12, 2017

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's everyone's favourite example of a superhero being put in an unusual team for them? I kinda liked Namor in X-Men and I liked Beast in the Avengers.

New Fantastic Four with Champions as a close second, but that's more the entire team being unusual? Also random dudes joining the Defenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Lurdiak posted:

I'm watching the Real Ghostbusters cartoon on Netflix and I don't know how to handle the fact that Peter is obviously voiced by Garfield.

You and Bill Murray both.

• Locked thread